The Milk And Cookies Diet

znyc 716

An ode to my “Oatmeal Cookie” Crepe Cakes

znyc 717

Above, with creamy, sweet Everything Nice Banana Spice Pudding
Or, below, with soyatoo dots and homemade jam.

znyc 725

znyc 726

Finally got around to posting the recipe:“Oatmeal Cookie” Crepe Cakes

Oh, and another recipe for you: Here’s the recipe for that simpler-than-simple cashew milk I mentioned the other day:

CCKashew Milk

(Get it,CCK?? Okay, bad joke)

3 cups cold water
2/3 cup raw cashews
2 or 3 dates, soaked
dash salt

Blend the cashews, then cover with 1 cup of the water and re-blend. Add the dates, and blend again. Puree, puree, puree! When it’s a paste, add the rest of the water and blend a final time. Makes 4 delicious cups!

1. Megan Leigh says:

Tomagatchis…I remember those were such a hit in middle school! I had one that my took care of for me LOL.

2. eaternotarunner says:

Yeah the sleeping diet may be the dumbest one I’ve heard of.

3. CaSaundra says:

I like the sound of your diet! I would have to say the most ridiculous diet I have heard of is that Hollywood Cookie diet or whatever. You always see it advertised in the back of magazines haha.

4. lexi. says:

I remember those little tamagachis! I loved mine and got so upset when he died, lol. Love all of your cookies! Ugh, there are SO many dumb diets out there, dumbest ones I think, are the juice diets. blah!

Have a great day lovie!

5. candice says:

I loved Tomodachis! :) Oh man, I remember playing with them when I was supposed to be napping at daycare… haha, good times. 😉

Seriously, a tapeworm diet?! That’s just plain gross. Do people really resort to such measures to lose weight?!

6. JCD says:

I recently heard of a Taco Bell Drive Thru diet. What the heck? Gross. Although, I think the tapeworm diet sound even worse. Yuck! What really gets me are the magazines that say ‘lose 30 pounds by X date’. (And that date is only a month or two away.) Definitely not healthy.

Honestly, any type of diet* creeps me out. Why would someone want to deprive themselves of foods that make them feel happy and satisfied? People need to learn about nutrition, keeping active, and balance more than restrictions and mind tricks.

* except The Kind Diet, which is a really good book overall.

7. Veggiesmack says:

The Atkins diet is pretty dang crazy. Also, the Scarsdale diet, which is like Atkins, but you eat a lot less. Blech. And what about that Hollywood juice diet, where you drink this special juice all weekend and supposedly lose up to 10 pounds. Yes, that will have long-term results! :-\

The tapeworm thing scares me. I’d rather be overweight than have a tapeworm wriggling around inside me.

8. Eric says:

I think the 2 strangest (and bogus) diets I heard of are the Paleolithic Caveman Diet and the Eating For Your Blood Type Diet. Silly!

But my favorite was from Bruce Almighty when Jim Carrey answers the prayers and you hear a lady say “I just lost 50 pounds on the Krispy Kreme diet!”

1. kate says:

My sister did the Paleolithic Caveman Diet and discovered that she was intolerant to a couple foods. She feels great now. So the Caveman diet really isn’t bogus, it just depends on who’s doing it and what your health problems are.

9. Monica says:

Oh man, I thought that I’d seen ’em all because I grew up with diet-obsessed older sisters, but that tapeworm diet takes the cake! Although, one of my sisters DID go on a “broccoli diet” where all she ever ate was steamed broccoli…and nothing else. It lasted about a day, but the damage had already been done, and we still make fun of her for it :)

Oh and diet pills freak me out, too. Like Dexatrim or Hydroxicut. Stuff is craaaazy!

10. Marina says:

I hate diets, I really can’t understand why people believe in them.
    I heard of a silly one a few weeks ago, like, you eat one day normaly, and then you don’t eat anything for a day. Stupid, right?

11. Mae says:

My mom tried a cottage cheese diet where she ate cottage cheese all day and then dessert at night. It didn’t work so well! haha
    Tapeworm is quite ludacris, and I think I would take the chocolate covered milk and cookies diet any day!!

12. Jenny says:

a-ha.. now this is a diet I can follow. You need your own infomercial :)

the most redic diet fad = no carbs (oh my god, that’s just not human), the “grapefruit” diet (ick, worst period of my life) and I’m also really weary of detox diets – I just can’t fathom it!

13. lindsey says:

haha i STILL have my tomagatchi! although, it’s buried in my room somewhere and it probably doesn’t work :)

and i think the most ridiculous diet i have ever heard of is the lemonade diet! seriously, who thinks it’s healthy to drink sugar and lose weight?

♥ lindsey

14. The Taco Bell Drive Through diet. Have you seen the commercial? Ridiculous!

15. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

omg those tamagatchis, LOL! my poor mother took mine ot work with her so she could feed it throughout the day and it wouldn’t die….that’s true love right there. i’m lusting over your crepe cakes, yum!

16. maggie says:

Katie Katie how I love chocolate covered Katie! Yes I just sang that as I typed it…can we seriously open a cafe..just cookies and cake but in pancake and cereal form :) Our delicious carb loving goodies would take over the world and their diet junk!

Please make me breakfast,
    Maggie

17. erintakescontrol says:

The newest one I’ve heard, the Drive-Thru Diet from Taco Bell…like seriously?! Just because it lacks high-fat cheese doesn’t mean it isn’t still chemical-laced, processed junk on a tasteless white tortilla. I’ll pass!!!

18. Chrysta says:

I think any kind of diet is ridiculous! I mean why restrict? Its silly. Atkins is among the most unhealthy diets Ive ever of. How does that even make sense? Its crazy I tell ya! Ive never heard of the tapeworm diet (Super gross) and the Sleeping Beauty diet (super weird) I say eat, move and be happy=) Life is to be enjoyed!! Im so loving your crepe cakes and all the fun toppings that go with it. It looks amazing as usual girl!!! I hope you are having an amazing Monday hon!!

19. Ugh that tapeworm idea makes me shudder. That’s some science fiction nonsense right there!

20. the most ridiculous diet? oh, gosh, that would have to be that silly vegan one. i heard those crazies only eat broccoli and bean curd! ridiculous! what deprivation! :) hehe…

i made your oatmeal cookie crepe cakes the other day – they were great! i loved how they tasted with just a hint of stevia, no sugar needed…yum!!! and then i made a frosting with 2 parts nondairy milk to 1 part nut butter, and put a lil drizzle on top, and then some flax for crunch! so yummy! thanks for the great recipe – they fluffed up real nice like pancakes, actually!!