what’s YOUR favorite thing to make in the Vita-Mix???

pc1

Chocolate-Strawberry Ice Cream!

Lurking in the depths of the Vita-Mix:

znyc 936

pc

Maybe  it’s a little weird to crave ice cream when it’s 30 degrees outside.  But my run made me kind of hot; ice cream just sounded like a good idea!  Plus, there’s this amazing contraption: the Costco heat dish.  You can eat in front of it and stay warm.  Seriously, it’s brilliant!  Henry thinks so, anyway. He sits so close to it that I’m worried he’ll burn his tail.

1. Jess says:

I REALLY want a Vita-mix, but I am not willing to pay the 500 dollars, haha! But I’d buy it just to make that ice cream. LOL! So yummy.

<3 jess
    xoxo

2. Meg says:

Katie – you worry TOO much about what other people think, and you know what? It’s not really something I’d look at as a negative thing…you’re such a beautiful person, inside and out, and it really shows through in every post you make – and it’s your right to explain yourself if you get a negative comment, you aren’t being whiney at all. If only everyone could be as sweet and willing to explain their actions as you are, you’re an inspiration, and just a lovely person 🙂 Not to mention you’re a culinary genius.

I hope you’re enjoying lots of pancakes, your pups, family, friends, the sunshine, Vita-Mix ice cream creations, and so much more! Much, much love!
    Meg

3. Run Sarah says:

What a delish looking breakfast! I’ve been eating ice cream too even though its still chilly outside, wrapped in a Snuggie of course!

4. I just got some coconut butter yesterday!! I am so excited and thought about all your yummy creations. Now only if I had a Vita…

5. not sure i’ll ever own a vita haha but if i did, thaaaaat ice cream!!

6. eaternotarunner says:

You are giving me vita-mix envy!

7. Quick question- what do you want to be when you grow up?

I was reading that someone said you should open a chocolate/vegan shop- I’m kind of into the idea- I’d come from Canada down there

8. Jessica says:

Sadly, I don’t own a VitaMix but my favorite thing to make in a blender is my signature vegan cheese sauce – yum! My favorite Katie recipe to make in the blender is definitely banana butter. I am sooooo addicted to that! Last night, I made another batch using Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter. Heaven!!!

9. Veggiesmack says:

Mmmm! I’ve been craving ice cream too, despite the crazy cold weather!

10. The healthy chocolate ice cream looks so delicious every time you make it!!
    ***FYI (unfortunate) regular blender people: If you use the “Ice crush” function to crush frozen fruits, veggies and ice, then add liquid ingredients you can make SIMMILAR concoctions (chocolate healthy ice cream, HEAB’s protein ice cream, etc.)

11. Gotta say, my favorite thing in the world to make in the Vita-Shaker is a protein shake. But a raw pb cookie dough shake? That would be shake-gasm.

12. Katie says:

I so need a Vita-Mix. Oh, but I like Mae’s suggestion!

13. Ice cream looks yummy! During our freshman at college Lori and I ate ice cream during the winter, so we feel ya on this one!

14. The Costco Heatdish and ice-cream are a match made in heaven. 🙂

Never weird to crave ice-cream, no matter what temperature!

15. Lexi says:

That healthy chocolate ice cream looks amazing! Especially along side anything 24 carrot style 😉

16. Jenny says:

I wish I had a vita-mix so I could tell you my favorite recipe .. but my favorite blender/magic bullet recipe is your banana bread in a bowl, obvi 🙂

eff the haters girl — you are INCREDIBLE and never let anyone convince you otherwise! love you so much xoxo

17. Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride says:

Wow…that chocolate Ice Cream looks to die for!!

18. Michal says:

I dont have a favorite thing since I dont have one! I have a feeling though it would be hugetastic batches of smoothies or ice cream!

And I agree! You and me need to go and give Mr. Groundhog a good talking too 🙂

19. Alanna says:

Hehehe… just thought I’d brag a little. For all the old people clogging the highway at rush hour, the weather is (rainy as all heck but) WARM in florida. I hope you read this Katie 🙂

20. SamWB says:

That chocolate icecream looks fabulous! I need to research this VitaMix you use… I am from the UK and have never heard of it… I have seen something similar though… I found your blog today and I like it 🙂

xx Sam xx