Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Pancake Roll Ups

For most people, mornings are so rushed that they’re lucky if they can find time to gulp down a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake. But every now and then, life surprises you with the gift of leisure. The following is a recipe for one of those rare mornings:

Waffles are so last year.

French Toast?  Who’s that? It’s time to make room for the new kid in breakfast:

Pancake Roll Ups!

Above, Carrot Cake Pancake Roll Ups, filled with raisins and Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting, covered with carrots and more raisins and frosting.

Step One: Cook up your pancakes, a bit thinner than usual. In the photos, I used 24-Carrot Cake Pancakes.

Step Two: Top each pancake with lots of yum-licious ingredients

Step Three: Roll up the pancakes. Side note: I *heart* the cute strawberry plate from Pier One.

Step Four: Put more deliciousness on top!

Step Five: Devour your Pancake Roll Ups before other members in your house see them and beat you to it!

1. gaby says:

MMMM it’s like crepes!! I have a cute crepe place a block from my apartment back home and you get to choose from their fillings so I can make it vegan. But I like your fillings and pancakes better!
    I miss baking and cooking so much here! My grandmother is the most OCD person you could ever encounter and I happened to mention I would like to bake something today and she was close to a panick attack thinking about me making her kitchen dirty and using her stuff. I’m not allowed to touch anything! Grr, I’m going to have to go on a massive baking spree when I get back. You should come to houston to help me eat!

2. Nutella and banana, I mean- if I’m doing pancakes, I’m going to really do them!

3. Meg says:

You’re a GENUIS 😀

4. Jen says:

Ahhh! Why has no one thought of this before? I mean, crepes are good and all, but they’re so thin that they fall apart. Same thing for pancakes, with the toppings not staying on. So pancake crepes? Haha it’s like the opposite of your crepe cakes!

5. Yum! I’ve had a serious hankerin’ for pancakes lately. I should give this a try. I also love ’em rolled up with vegan sausage.

6. Jenny says:

never thought i’d see the day when French Toast went out of style — but this recipe is a more than worthy replacement. Like little burritos! bueno!

7. Jennifer says:

I would put… FUDGE BABIES in mine! How delicious does that sound? Yeah I thought so 🙂

8. Kristie says:

National pancake month? How did I miss this?!? Great reason to have pancakes at least 3 times a week 😉

9. Danielle says:

February is national pancake month? Is there a list of all the national food holidays? lol I’m curious as to what tomorrow is…

The roll-ups look delicious 😀 Honestly, my ideal roll would be carrot cake! But for the sake of being original, I’ll say: cinnamon rolls, elvis rolls, pumpkin pie rolls, ho-ho rolls…omg

10. Jenn ( says:

Ooooooh these look YUMMY! Sort of like crepes, only a little healthier. 😉 Nutella, MaraNatha dark chocolate almond butter, fruit spread, chocolate chips come to mind. 🙂

11. Marina says:

Perfect filing would be yogurt or cottage cheese with frozen cherries. It tastes like ice-cream!
    Or, microwaved banana with cocoa and a bit of vanilla soy milk. Yummy. Can’t wait for morning to come to have some 🙂

12. BroccoliHut says:

Genius! I think my roll-ups would have to include pumpkin or maybe some coconut butter:)

13. Stefanie says:

Hmm. . .Yogurt with cocoa powder and banana. That would be a nice meal.

14. My dream pancake rollup? Hmmm….. How about something super creamy like a raw cashew cream and then lots and lots and lots and lots of fresh juicy organic strawberries. oh, yeahhhh!

15. wow these are a great idea! i would have to put some nutella and banana into mine!!

16. Chrysta says:

My sweet Katie!!!! How have you been girl. Ive been quite the chocolate covered slacker lately in my blogginess. ha. Cest la vie! But I had to of course check out your awesome site asap and Im am in love with these filled pancakes. I had no idea it was pancake month so I have to try some out. I love your carrot cake and coconut frosting toppin. OMG delicious girl!!! How awesome!! Id love to do some banana pancakes maybe, make up some whipped peanut butter tofu to dip it into and lots of cocoa nibs. Have an awesome day hon!!!

17. becky says:

So I attempted your chocolate chip cookie dough oatmeal…and it was super runny! It was like a drink! I’m assuming I should use less milk in the blending process, but I’m wondering why mine turned out differently? Hmmmm.

18. These are so cute!!
    They’re like the ultimate crepe pancake carrot cake hybrid. Did you eat them with chop sticks?! 😀

19. Tara says:

Oh my gosh, I LOVE THESE. I always called them crepe tacos. I used your crepe recipe too! I love pumpkin pie ones. I make plain crepes, and then I make a mixture of pumpkin, stevia, and pumpkin pie spice. That would taste so good with the healthy cream cheese icing! Definitely trying that this weekend.

20. Katie says:

I make crepes like this and roll up stir fried veggies! Curried mushrooms, onions, and broccoli inside a pancake? Yes, please!