You know you were born in the 80s if…

It was a dreary Monday here in Texas.  Seems like we’ve had a lot of rain this winter.  I think rain is my least favorite weather condition. Ugly weather calls for comforting food!

cakes

But I didn’t stop with Roll Ups. On another day, I made Strawberry Shortcake Pizza.

A whole dessert pizza, just for me!

And another time, a strawberry shortcake sandwich:

slice4_thumb4

It always makes me think back to those cutey-pie dolls I played with as a kid.

ssssca

1. Strawberry shortcake pizza?! I love you even more. Strawberries & cream is one of my favorite flavor combinations. I bet that is pure heaven.

2. I was a Strawberry Shortcake girl all the way! I even had the bed sheets! Then, i later decided that Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite needed to be best friends. And then my sister stole all my Sprites… oy…

3. Erin says:

I love to cover my pancakes with yogurt, flax and berries — it’s like pie for breakfast! (the flax gives it a pie-like crunch)

I loved My Little Pony, especially the scratch-and-sniff ones, and the Care Bears. So many colors! 🙂

4. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

i love having whole desserts, just for me! sharing may be caring, but sometimes peeps just need to make their own ;). i feel like i was robbed of part of my childhood bc i never knew about strawberry shortcake dolls until i was older!

5. I loved Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Ponies and Cabbage Patch kids, too! I also remember loving Shera and Heman toys… 😉

Now I’m craving strawberries!!!

6. jcd says:

What a divine breakfast! The pancake rolls remind me of crêpes we ate growing up. (And still eat.) I never thought to do this with pancakes though – brilliant! You should patent all your great ideas! Or write a cookbook.

Ah… all those 80s toys. I was big on My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, and Strawberry Shortcake too. I also had one of those Secret Keepers – a white swan with a purple back. Oh, that brings back memories…

7. Darci says:

wow, those pancake roll ups look AMAZING!! I’m going to have to try those out!! A snow day like today would be perfect!! 🙂

I would have to say cabbage patch kids and then when I got a little older i went barbie crazy!! 😉

8. Meg says:

I was a TOTALY Barbie girl, and American Girl – I HAD to read every issue of their magazine, and make the little recipes inside, which I do believe once included a strawberry shortcake 😉

9. erintakescontrol says:

I had a whole nursery of Cabbage Patch dolls…and later on, Barbies. And then I got over the girly stuff pretty quick, because I found softball and flag football!!!

10. love the strawberry shortcake pizza! i still have my cabbage patch dolls (my fav) and of course my barbies!!

11. I liked my American Girl doll, Felicity. I also had Sheera dolls and a Sheera’s castle. I need to see if I can find them in my parents’ attic!

12. The Brunette says:

Don’t forget troll dolls! Remember, with the big hair that inevitably got grossly dirty after being dropped in food, dirt, and everything else kids play with? Oh, 80s childhood!

13. Great blog! I just found you recently and am loving all your food!

No one has mentioned Jem yet. Did anyone else have a Jem doll? Jem is truly outrageous!

14. star says:

Sylvanian Families!

15. eaternotarunner says:

Teenage mutant ninja turtles….I was definitely a tomboy!

16. Veggiesmack says:

All those strawberries are making me huuuunggggryyyy!

I’m sick of this nasty Texas weather too. I don’t remember having a winter this cold and rainy and gross. 🙁

My favorite toys were Care Bears, Jem Dolls, my Atari 7800, my record player, and this educational computery toy I don’t remember the name of (not a Speak and Spell, but sort of like one).

17. Marie says:

I played with My Little Pony and Barbies! My favorite part of the barbies was cutting off their hair. My sister would get so mad at me for mangling the haircut of her barbies (along with my own!) Your strawberry shortcake pancakes look amazing!!!

18. Michal says:

Aww this post brings back memories. I love strawberry shortcake I still have a little collection of them packed away im my closet. 🙂 Your strawberry shortcake pancake roll-ups look divine!

19. Jessica says:

As usual, everything looks sensational! Can’t wait to make some of those roll-ups! 🙂

Haha, my favorite toys were He-man and She-ra action figures. I used to tote Skeletor around in a baby carriage!