Oscars Food And Fashion

Sometimes, the Oscars can be a bit dull. That’s why, if you’re going to watch them, it’s best to track down a few friends to watch with you. I think my friends like finding any excuse for a party.

The snack I brought with me to the Oscars party:

Raw Mounds Bars Hearts

raw mounds bars

I *think* everyone loved them. After all, there were none left. And I only got one.

Does anyone else ever feel sorry for the men, who don’t wear fancy, colorful Oscar outfits?

Oh wait, this guy certainly did!

bs

Who do you think was the Best Dressed at the Oscars? Not including Ben Stiller… because he obviously takes that prize!

Was it: A. Cameron Diaz

ca

(Loved her dress!!)

B. Zoe Saldana

119614_0644

(Not a fan)

C. Sarah Jessica Parker

sj

(Really not a fan)

Or could it have been…

Molly and Henry!

They get my vote.

Well, except for the fact that they technically didn’t go to the Oscars, so I guess they don’t qualify.

Too bad.

znyc 817

znyc 818

(Above showing off their winter coats)

1. jcd says:

I don’t have TV at home (no channels, just a BD/DVD player) so we didn’t get to see the Oscars. Molly and Henry definitely win the prize for best dressed. They are even on the red carpet! Too cute.

And hurrah to Sandra Bullock – she deserves the award.

2. Ooh I didn’t notice the red carpet! How funny!! Maybe they could qualify for “best dressed” after all!

3. I think they are a little on the boring side … I prefer to look at the dresses in US Weekly. :)

4. You are too cute, Katie! Adding your pooches to the Oscar finery line-up! I love it! I needed a good laugh!

Love ya! 😀

5. Love the new blog layout. :)

Also loved Cameron’s dress, and I really liked Demi Moore’s, but the color was all wrong. I watched all the red carpet stuff and then fell asleep after the 2nd award. :)

6. Kate says:

Haha! I stopped on your blog right after checking out the Oscar dresses on People.com! (not that I NORMALLY go to that site….usually Wall St. Journal or similar…hehehe).

The doggies are adorable! Can’t wait to hear how the raw Key Lime Pie turns out!

7. Sarahishealthy says:

Oh entirely too much cuteness for one post!

8. Aimee says:

Katie, your pups are precious.
    Do they like wearing their coats? mine hate it!

9. Aimee,
    Haha they don’t like it either! But if it means they get to go outside for a walk… then they don’t mind. Excitement from getting to go for a walk trumps annoyance at wearing clothes :)

10. I agree about the Oscars… ummm i’ll just look at the dresses afterwards ha
    I think that Cameron’s dress was gorgeous but Miley Cirus’s was my favorite (though i’m not a fan of HER).

11. Kara says:

I completely agree about SJP. Who was her stylist, letting the poor girl go out looking like an oompa loompa?

12. vegangal says:

i loved sandra bullock’s dress. did you see it? well i guess of course you did. she is just so amazing, and i’m glad she won just like you are!

13. Mary says:

I wish I could have been at that party with you, just fr the Raw Mounds bars alone!

14. Mary says:

Oh and to get to see Molly and Henry of course :)

15. I don’t like to watch award shows – yawn – but your treats look pretty good! I just like to look at the dresses later – especially the really outrageous ones! They are pretty much the only interesting thing about it.

16. Erin says:

I loved Demi Moore. Judging by the other comments, it looks like I’m in good company!
    And yeah, what was with that purple dress? Way too frou frou for me. But I bet it’s a lot of pressure to try and pick a dress for the Oscars that everyone will love, you know?

17. Jessica says:

Molly and Henry would get my vote for sure! Does my vote count for anything though? Haha they could give some style tips to Ben Stiller, poor guy!

18. *Andrea* says:

i hate the awards shows but love the pics of dresses in magazines and blogs after haha. i happened to love sjp’s dress, but i am a hugeeeeeee fan of hers so i’m sure i’d like it even if it was/is hideous. not a fan of zoe’s though. cameron always looks glowing imo.

19. Andrea:
    You sound just like my sister (another SJP fan)! Oh you Boston girls!! :)

20. Bekka says:

I never watch the Oscars. They are just so long and drawn out. Just tell us the best actress already! That’s what everyone wants to know, right? 😉