Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Expanding the Larabar Love

Thanks to reader, Liz, for the heads-up:

Liz says that Larabar is coming out with New Larabar flavors!

My only question for Larabar is: Why has it taken you this long to make a carrot cake flavor?! πŸ˜‰

Katie is the baker, photographer, and author of the popular blog Chocolate-Covered Katie. Her favorite food is chocolate, and she believes in eating a balanced diet that includes dessert every single day.Β More about Katie—>Β

1. Little Bookworm says:

That photo for your chopstick challenge looks like a blueberry pizzert? A carrot cake larabar sounds amazing!

2. Kelsey says:

oh god i can’t wait for the new flavors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Chocolate chip cookie dough and carrot cake?!?!?! I don’t want to wait πŸ˜€

4. Kate says:

Ahhhh! Thanks for letting us know!

5. Valerie says:

I’ve always said that you should work for Larabar, Katie πŸ˜‰

6. Mary says:

I’d like to see an almond-chocolate chip flavor, since those are my favorite fudge babies.

7. vegangal says:

yay new larabars. but their so expensive fudge babies are much better and their yummyer anyway! love you katie! xoxoxo

8. Erin says:

Oh my gosh, so many delicious new flavors! I’d love to see a mint chocolate larabar. Mmm…

9. I like Larabars, but I like making babies better. Wait, that didn’t sound right. Oh, you know what I meant. πŸ˜‰
    I did, however, buy my first Jocalat last night. I haven’t eaten it yet, but I’m excited! (Yes, I’m excited over a food bar. πŸ˜€ )

10. Sarahishealthy says:

I agree with the commenter before me. They need to make a mint chocolate chip Larabar. I still need to make fudge babies too, so maybe I will make my own mint Larabars! :)

11. I’m soooo jealous about the LarΓ€bars. I even wrote the company and asked that do thei ship to Finland but unfortunately no :(

Hey I had some practise with chopsticks yesterday and managed to eat a noodle dish and sushi with them, go me! πŸ˜€

12. Brandi says:

dream larabar flavor?

pineapple upside down cake
    mocha (coffee + cocoa)
    raspberry almond

13. I’m skeptical about the new Larabar flavors but I’ll give them a shot! I haven’t been wowed by any of the current ones though. IMO, your fudge babies (and all the variations) are much better!! :)

14. Jenny’s pictures are AMAZING!!!!

Anyways, I’m all over the carrot cake LaraBar.. and chocolate chip!

15. lisa says:

ooh! I agree with Erin above – a mint chocolate bar would be great. But they do have one in the jocolat line – i should try that!
    can’t wait to try the carrot cake – hope a store near me picks it up! Isn’t it crazy/annoying that the price varies so widely from store to store? At least here in NYC it can. Oh well, I know where to get ’em!

16. eatandrun says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like Larabars????????

17. Inspired says:

I agree with Jessica. Your fudge babies, at least all the varieties I’ve tried, taste so much more flavorful and richer than the regular Larabars. Plus, they’re cheaper too!
    No offense, Larabar ;).

18. ooooh i hope larabar carrot cake is better than clif!

19. Jenny says:

WOW! I can’t wait for the carrot cake flavor:)

20. The cashew lara bar is amazing- so is the peanut butter one- they’re just like candy- only more natural!

21. Diana says:

We don’t have larabars here so I’ve never even tried one!

22. elizabeth says:

i love that they keep expanding this line-thanks for the tip-off!

23. Michal says:

I heard about this a while ago! I want the carrot cake flavor todayyyyyyy!

24. Katie says:

That’s gotta be the blueberry pizzert?

25. Demelza says:

I think a strawberry shortcake or pumpkin cheesecake larabar would be delicious. =O
    Although I have never actually had any of their flavors, haha.
    And I agree that the piccy looks like a blueberry pizzert…perhaps with vegan whipped cream or soyatoo? =O

26. Tyler says:

yum, those new flavors sound good! katie, you are so ahead of them with your fudge baby flavors! liz is right…i think the lara bar people have found your blog!!

my dream larabar would be pumpkin pie!!

27. Gina G says:

im so excited for the new larabars! =)

i think it is your raw cheesecake with pizzert mixed in!

28. Carrot cake is like the perfect larabar flavor in my opinion :-)

29. Simply T says:

I went to World Market and bought myself some cute blue chopsticks and then a sushi rolling mat set (with 2 more pairs of chopsticks) – I’m gonna try my hand at making my own veggie sushi!

That picture looks like maybe shredded cabbage and mashed up potatoes?

30. I’m thinking it is a broken up blueberry muffin drizzled with yogurt?

My fave larabar flavor would be vanilla ice cream!

31. BroccoliHut says:

Yeehaw! I’m pretty excited about the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor!
    I think my dream flavor would be maple spice cake!

32. cannot wait for the new flavors!
    elvis bar is GENIOUS!

33. Jenny says:

oh sweetums you make me blush! thank you so incredibly much for the shout! Love you!!!!!!!!!

34. I want green eggs and ham larabars! I do not like the pb&j ones

35. Christina says:

Yay, so excited for the carrot cake flavor!

36. Tara says:

I think that a chocolate cherry flavor made with almonds would be delicious!

37. Christina says:

Can’t wait for Carrot Cake!!!

38. trajayjay says:

I actually did make an Elvis bar before. My only mistake was subbing All the dates with dried banana. I recommend that if you swap out dates for dried fruit, sub out about 1-4 to 1-2 of the dates to preserve the sweetness.