Break out your Canned Pumpkin! And fish out those goggles, because it’s time to dive, head-first, into a pool of chocolate protein icing. Chocolate icing so healthy you can eat the entire bowl in one sitting.
Kind of like with the recipe for Whipped Cream in a Bowl.
(See, you want to dive in, right?)
“Fudge You!” Chocolate Protein Icing
Makes 1 bowl, to be used as icing, pudding, fudge sauce, pancake sauce, face paint… Wha?? Maybe scratch that last one…
- 1/8 cup (24g) chocolate protein powder (I used NutriBiotic)
- a bit over 1/16th tsp salt
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree (about 30-35 grams)
- 1/4 cup water, or other liquid (60 grams) Or more or less, depending on the thickening capabilities of the brand of protein powder you’re using
- Optional spices and extracts if desired (I used 1/4 tsp cinnamon, to go with the pumpkin theme)
- Also Optional cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, or melted chocolate, if you want it more chocolatey. And you can also always add fruit: banana, strawberries, raspberries…
Combine everything and mix very well. Eat cold. I don’t bother using a blender for this. A fork works fine. Dorm-room readers, rejoice!
Other ideas: Swirl into oatmeal, top with granola, use as a cupcake-topper, use in place of hot fudge sauce on ice cream… As usual, the possibilities are endless! A word of caution: If you don’t like the protein powder you start with, you won’t like this icing/pudding. And it’s not meant to taste like the normal hot fudge sauce you buy at the store; I don’t really know how to describe the taste, but I love it!