Chocolate-Covered Fashionista

Or not so much.

I love how other bloggers use the “mirror trick” to take photos of their outfits, so I wanted to try it myself.  First try was dreadful:

ack

See what I mean? Second try was even worse!  So I gave up and tried using the “delay” button instead.  Much better!

ack1

Although I do feel weird posting photos with my head cut off!  Anyone remember “Nanny” in the Muppet Babies? It always bugged me that they NEVER SHOWED HER HEAD!

I hope I have fashion sense, but it’s all my own made-up style. Can’t tell a Gucci from a Prada, and how in the world does one pronounce Louboutin? My style mantra is definitely “comfort over beauty.”

That means stilettos, knee-high boots, and earrings the size of Texas are all out.  Sadly, I can’t wear turtlenecks either (they make me feel like I’m choking).  I like bright colors–especially blues and greens, but I try to listen to the advice of my fashionista sister and not wear too many of them at the same time. Little sister knows all about fashion and keeps me in line. Or she tries to. She’s like my mother, yelling at me and telling me to go change!

006 carro

My favorite fashion “secret” is to wear yoga pants as dress pants. They’re so comfortable. I even wore Nike pants for Christmas one year!

santa

Not sure if Santa would approve. But a man who wears the same thing every day has no right to judge.

1. Woh Im first! 😉
    Louboutin is Luh-boo-ten. And they are awesome (and soo out of my price range).
    My outfits definitely depend on my mood, the weather, and my shoes. If there is something I want to wear but dont have the right shoes for, its going to have to wait….

2. Sarahishealthy says:

I’m the first! Don’t know if that’s ever happened before :).
    You look so cute in all the photos, I’d definitely disagree that you don’t have fashion sense.

3. Sarahishealthy says:

Oops lol I guess I’m not first after all! Better luck next time.

4. Diana says:

I’m not a fashionista but I do like fashion and think I have some style. But it honestly depends on my mood. Some days I just don’t care. 😛

5. abby says:

katie you are too cute! you have the perfect body to wear the fashions too. hope that doesn’t sound weird of me to say.
    i am an EXTREME fashionista. if you ever need fashion tips, call on me! all my friends do. i subscribe to all the fashion magazines and watch all the shows and even have the E fashion police website on my favorites. so yeah, i guess i’m a bit obsessed :).

6. Valerie says:

Ah to be young again. These days, I count it as a plus on the days I don’t end up with spit-up on my shirt, or worse: thrown baby food! 😉
    But I wouldn’t change it for the world.
    You rock those blues!

7. Jennifer - jcd says:

Katie – you always look wonderful! I cannot say the same for myself – my fashion sense is all wrong. Finding clothes that fit my body shape properly is a challenge, only adding to the awkwardness.

Here I am at work wearing black yoga pants (they are the best, I agree, although finding ones that fit is difficult), a random blue t-shirt, and a dark green fleece sweater. My colours don’t match in any way, they probably even clash, but I don’t care. I would never know what to do if I had to look nice for work. (I love getting dressed up in formalwear, but anywhere in between is foreign territory.)

I don’t even know what brand names or high fashion styles exist, yet alone know what other people think looks pretty. Haha. I’ll stick to my outdoor rustica style à la Jennifer.

PS – I’d love to go shopping with you Katie. 🙂

8. Mary says:

Mmmmmm peanut butter cookie dough cheesecake? Yikes my waistline is glad I’m a vegan, because otherwise I might have to run down to the CC Factory right this minute for a slice!

9. Anonymous says:

cute fashions! do you find it hard to buy pants in your size at regular stores?

10. I love leggings!! I pretty much live in them! I love skirts and dresses, but I have a really ugly knee surgery scar, so problem solved. Plus, I have screws in my shin that are painful to touch and somehow a layer of fabric makes me feel “protected”. Yay, leggings! 😀

11. Inspired says:

Like you, I hope I have fashion sense, but I don’t have knowledge about designers, nor do I have the money to spend on designer clothes if I DID know anything about them. But like others before me have said, you look tres chic, girl!

12. I love looking at pictures of different types of fashion but I lack the money to actually buy much! I’m a student too so my wardrobe consists mostly of comfy clothes……. I love hoodies and have a gazillion of them!

13. conradvisionquest says:

as i get older i am caring less about how i look. being a fashionista can be expensive and i just don’t have the dough right now. there are other things i would rather spend my $$ on.
    as far as gaga and winehouse go… i’m more a fan of winehouse’s music than gaga, and more a fan of the idea of gaga than her music. you are also allowed to have your opinions of them 😉 we don’t have tv, so can’t really say about snookie…

~wendy

14. JCD,
    Hehe you don’t see me on the days I wear pajamas to class ;). Oh yes I do. Especially when I went to an all-girls’ college. We ALL did, all the time :). Sometimes it’s just too much of a hassle to dress up, ya know? It’s like, who cares?!
    I’ll gladly be your shopping buddy!! Then we can shop together for our “weird” styles.

15. McKella says:

Hee hee, I’ve worn yoga pants as dress pants too!
    I don’t know jack squat about fashion, nor do I care. 95% of the time, I’m wearings tee shirts with either jeans and sneakers or cargo shorts and flip-flops, depending on the season. Comfortable, but presentable.

16. Love your scarf in that first picture. I’m all about scarves. As for me and fashion, I shop at one store — Delia’s. They make close for little people. I’m 5’1″ with absolutely no boobage (I’m like a AA!). They make short-length jeans and everything comes in extra small. Plus, their clothes are cute!

17. anonymous,
    Yeah, I am always sad when I shop with my friends and can’t buy the cute pants for sale in Gap or American Eagle :(. But dept. stores seem to have a wider range of sizes, and as far as yoga pants go, I can easily fit them.

18. Wendy,
    I hear you on the expense thing! Haha people ask me how I can afford expensive food. I save on clothes! My sister will shell out $150 for a pair of pants, but she eats very cheaply. So I guess we all have our priorities hehe.

19. Love your scarf in that first picture. I’m all about scarves. As for me and fashion, I shop at one store — Delia’s. They make clothes for little people. I’m 5’1″ with absolutely no boobage (I’m like a AA!). They make short-length jeans and everything comes in extra small. Plus, their clothes are cute!

20. Rosie says:

“Wear yoga pants as dress pants. No one will ever know, and they’re so comfortable. ”

LOL! That IS a great idea. I wear workout pants instead of leggings all the time, and yes, they totally are dress pants! (They even have an elastic waist for massive eating room ;p which is either good or bad). Your fashion is cute 😀 I’m totally a non-fashionista but love cute clothes