Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Avocado Huggers, Beware

As good as avocado hugging is, you might want to take Kate’s funny advice to not end up with a big, green mess.

znyc 1404

(Three cheers for big, green messes)

1. eatandrun says:

I’m the first commenter!!! So excited about that for some reason. I’m also so excited to hug a fat. I just like saying it :). And WHY haven’t I made those BROWNIES yet???? I need to!

2. Oooh I agree – the superlatives do make others feel left out. I also won one, then a few years after I graduated, then made about 100 awards for ppl to win. I went to a small school, so everyone ended up getting one, albeit most of them were dumb…lol.

3. Katharina says:

Oh my gosh so I hugged Mr. Coconut Butter the other day, I guess he’s just playing the field. Actually, we all are! lol It’s good to be single :p I celebrate healthy fats with everything I eat actually. So you’re going to have a lot of pictures coming your way mwahaha.

Much love you to beautiful lady! You are such a ray of sunshine in this world 🙂

4. vegangal says:

oh awards yeah i hate them i never win and its always the same girl who wins everything and it gets really old and boring for the rest of us. oh well someday highschool will be over what did you win for? did you win best smile? 🙂

5. Inspired says:

I love green messes. Guacamole!

6. Jennifer - jcd says:

We made chocolate zucchini brownies last night. A twist on your protein brownies, but we folded in some zucchini and added a mashed banana instead of the Ener-G. They may have been more cake-like than your original ones, but definitely tasty. Yummy!

Awards are fun when they aren’t meant to showcase popularity. I never liked the superlative awards in the class yearbook because it was just a popularity contest. However, simple awards are fun as long as you still mention/include everyone else. They don’t need an award but if you mention/show them on your blog along with the award winners, that’s pretty swesome itself.

I’m still thinking of what to do for my photo… hmmm…

7. McKella says:

I love awards when everyone gets one. I work in an afterschool program, and at the end of the year we give a unique award to each kid as a little reminder of why they’re special, and we’re careful not to include “Best” or “most”, which implies superiority. We give things like “The Picasso Award” and “The Homework Queen Award.”
    My favorite is the “Kids say the darndest things award,” which is going to one of my first grade boys. “Are walnuts made from walls?” I love it!

8. Valerie says:

I agree about the superlatives being a bit unfair. Maybe if the teachers voted instead of just the kids, it wouldn’t always be the same people or a question of “who has the most friends.”

9. JCD,
    Oh my gosh, that sound so amazing. I’m always afraid to bake with zucchini, because once I did, and the result was a watery, mushy muffin. But I might just have to give it another shot, because your brownie idea sounds too good to pass up :).

10. McKella,
    That is seriously awesome; I always liked when teachers would do that. Boosting self-esteem is SO important for little kids. It can really make the difference in how they fare later in life.
    And LOL about the walnuts!! I remember my sister once asked if eggs came from eggplants :).

11. Aimee says:

Yeah, not a fan of the “popularity contest” awards. I mean, come on: we all knew who “that girl” was anyway; why force it in our faces yet again?

12. Anonymous says:

i like the idea of awards! so cute! 🙂

13. Anonymous says:

oops i meant the “hug a fat’ awards, not the class ones.

14. Those brownies look delux! Love it!

15. Kate says:

Aww sweetie, thanks for giving me a shout out! I feel famous!!! 🙂

16. Ha! We had silly awards for our yearbook photos. I got Most Likely to Be a Novelist (and that was cool) and Most Likely to Be the Next Unabomber (because I was such a little anarchist!). Mind you, this was pre-9/11 so it was still okay to make bomb jokes.

17. I think awards would be silly and fun! 🙂 I’m gonna think long and hard about what to hug…

My class probably had superlatives but I honestly can’t remember. They must not have been a big deal, lol.

18. I think awards would be fun!
    My high school didn’t do superlatives and I’m kinda glad. But since there were only 10 of us in my class, I think they could’ve thought of a superlative for each of us haha

I was the same way with slumber parties!!! I like schedules, what can I say?

19. Lorin says:

What award did you win in high school?
    I like the idea of the awards, it’s just for fun, not anything to take too seriously, so I don’t think anyone should get hurt feelings. 🙂 I would hug peanut butter, best food ever!! I have it every day.

20. Jess says:

I love the idea of awards for everyone. 🙂 I want to try and win biggest fat lol!