Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Summer Vacation

Finally, summer vacation!!

It felt like you’d never come. A few friends and I *tried* to celebrate last night by watching a movie… but it was one of the worst movies known to mankind.

sweet

It was not the sweetest thing. More like the grossest, most-pointless thing.  If there wasn’t crude sexual humor in a scene, it was replaced with disgusting bathroom humor. Maybe they were trying to hide the fact that the movie had no plot. I’m just thankful I didn’t watch it with my parents! 😕

Eh, but we had fun throwing popcorn, pillows, and—at one point, a shoe—at the television. Could’ve been worse; we were painting our nails, so we had to restrain ourselves from flinging the polish.

If a movie lacks comedy, you’re forced to make your own!

Question of the Day:

What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen? (so I’ll know to stay away from them lol… I wish someone had told me about Everybody’s Fine before I suffered through it!)

1. Meg says:

You had me at “cinnamon bun” 😀

…oh, and summer!! Love ya girl!

2. Jennifer - jcd says:

Sorry to hear the movie was bad. At least you and your friends had a good time. Girl nights are always fun, no matter what.

As for me, the film ‘Last Night’ was the worst! We won free tickets to it from somewhere and they said it was a family show. NOT. It was about the world ending and all I can remember is some guy wanting to have sex with a hundred different people before he died. Most horrible pointless movie ever. We walked out of the theatre about halfway through the film.

3. Kim says:

Deep Core. I can force myself to sit through almost any movie, but that was too much.

Oh, and Raw Sticky Buns? I miss my Grandma’s sticky buns so much! If they taste half as good I’m sold:)

4. ohkansascity says:

Oh man… I enjoyed that movie. =/ haha. It was our summer movie with my best girl friends for a while. Mostly because we were totally like those girls. Oooooh and raw sticky buns look mmm-mmm good.

5. Lauren says:

Ugh! I DID watch that movie with my mom. Cringe!!!

6. vegangal says:

hi katie i never saw that movie but i really do like sticky buns well i used to before i got my ed but maybe someday again they look really good! xxoxo

7. Diana says:

Oh god, that movie IS awful. One of the worst… Devour. And The Wicker Man. Those two come to mind. So very bad.

8. Anonymous says:

who needs a good movie when you have such yummy looking food? 😉

9. That movie was SO bad, I watched about 20 minutes on TV and had to shut it off!

10. Sarahishealthy says:

The worst part was the P**** song. I was sitting there in disbelief that they actually had such a song and that respectable actresses like Cameron Diaz would sing it!

11. Jess says:

Those “raw buns” look delicious!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

12. Jenny says:

Boys and Girls with Freddie Prinze Jr! LOL, terrible!

13. Kelly says:

The Wicker Man is so awful it’s almost hilarious! And pretty much any made-for-TV SciFi (or, SyFy) movie, but my college guy-friends all loved watching those, so I’ve seen far too many. With titles like “Mansquito,” you just know you’re in for a treat with these!

Happy summer vacation! Enjoy your newfound freedom!

14. totally loving the raw version of cinnibuns. i just posted a recipe for vegan ones.. but im thinking raw is pretty fabulous! <3

15. Making a note not to EVER see “The Wicker Man”… if two of you mentioned it as the worst, it MUST be bad!

16. eatandrun says:

Watching a bad movie with friends is bad, but watching with your parents is the worst!

17. Julia says:

^ eatandrun, agreed COMPLETELY! we rented “Life with Dan” to watch as a family, under the assumption that Steve Carell would work his typical magic. Well, he didn’t…

My mom and I, who have similar opinions when it comes to what we find “humurous”, both hated the movie. Although my dad thought it was great! haha

18. Janet says:

Worst movie: The Spice Girls Movie. Although I used to love the Spice Girls, the movie was terrible. It was the first movie I ever walked out of the theatre on. Sounds like you made the best of the girls night though :) And the raw sticky buns look delish!

19. Julia,
    LOL my dad has weird taste in movies sometimes too. Also, I don’t know if you saw, but I posted your beautiful brownie photo the other day. Thanks again for sending it. It was gorgeous :) :).

20. Ugh, how about the Love Guru? Talk about stupid. The Twilight movies are pretty terrible as well; I only marginally like them because I love the books. The acting is horrible.

I also just saw Did You Hear About the Morgans on my trip back from Belize. Avoid.

I did find this pretty entertaining list of horrible movies you might actually watch: http://www.empireonline.com/features/50-worst-movies-ever/default.asp?film=50

21. C,
    Ugh!! Twilight movies!! And “ugh” a few more times. I am just like you; I liked the books ok, but the first movie was so horrible I didn’t even see the second.

22. leangreendeane says:

I’m going to have to COMPLETELY disagree with Julia and say that “Dan in real life” is one of the best movies ever! Worst though? “Waiting”, “any of those horrible Saw movies, and most definitely anything with Christopher Walken!

23. BroccoliHut says:

Ah man, I have a bad history of watching gross movies with my parents. Think 40 Year Old Virgin on Christmas Eve. Ugh.

24. classicrockfreak says:

worst movie…the mist. I almost cried when I watched the end, it was so stupid.

25. Congrats on summer vacation!!!

I remember going to see this in the cinema and walking out part way through it was so bad! I guess this may be one of the worst films then…

26. Danielle says:

The raw buns look amazing! [heh, heh]

Yeah, that wasn’t a very good movie. The worst (re: most boring) movies I’ve seen always involve outer space. Like, Star Wars

27. Those stick buns remind me of lara bars, yum!

28. Yuri says:

Bad movies? I could write a book about it… or two, I guess. Well, okay, maybe not.

2046 I found to be very boring [and very long, too], as well as Fun with Dick & Jane. Oh, and let’s not forget Team America…

29. Effie says:

Summer vacation feels so good when you are in college. For us, who graduated, is just working under hot weather :(
    I hope you ll have an amazing summer!!!

30. You´re so lucky to be on vacation, Katie!
    My summer break starts only in November… Oh, well 😛
    Happy Summer, love!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend!
    Brazilian XOXO´s,
    Gabriela

31. Betherann says:

Reign of Fire was so bad, despite having Matthew McConaughey AND Christian Bale in it. Sad.

Also bad despite good actors was The Fountain. Unless you like Hugh Jackman as a really lame Buddha.

32. Yay for vacation!

The absolute worst movie I’ve seen is called “The Warriors.” One of my friends absolutely loves it (so much, in fact, that she made one of the quotes her ringtone), but I’m telling you, don’t see it in all it’s 70s glory. Eugh…

33. Gigi has gotta be at the top of the list somewhere! lol

34. aimee says:

OK i liked dan in real life too! and i gotta say, seeing the spice girls movie in the theater when you’ve had 3 or 4 cocktails is not all that bad – um, from what i remember, hahah.

worst this year? valentines day. i don’t like this term, but seriously, it sucked ass.

all time worst? ellen degeneres in ‘mr. wrong’ – wayyyy before she was cool, and seriously the most uncomfortable movie ever.

35. Nicole says:

True that the “Sweetest Thing” is not the best movie in the world, but for some reason it always sucks me in… guilty pleasure for sure :-/

36. Katie,
    If you have an iHerb referral code, what is it? I would like to place an order but want to give you proper credit (and get $5 off!) for introducing me to the site. (When I search for “iherb coupon code” on Google, I just get random people trying to gain commission by circulating their own code as if it is a legitimate discount code put out by iHerb themselves!)

37. I’ve seen many pointless movies but have long forgotten them 😉

Yay for summer holiday!!!

38. Danielle says:

Hey Katie, thanks for showing everybody my buns, er, bars! You inspired me to attempt making these treats, and now I know that it’s totally simple and rewarding. I can’t wait to try some of the recipes in your fudge baby gallery! Love this chocolate-covered blog. :)

39. The worst movie I saw recently is called “The Gamer” or something like that. lol, it was my husband’s pick! It’s about people in prison being controlled via a brain chip and being forced to participate in real-life “video games” where they can really die. Soooo lame!!

40. Marissa says:

Ha! I absolutely LOVE “The sweetest Thing”. I laughed my butt off during the bathroom scene. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. But then I guess I can relate to these girls a lot 😉

For me the Twilight movies are the worst movies of all time. They drive me absolutely crazy.

41. Amy says:

I think Jury Duty with Pauly Shore was pretty awful. I agree, Twilight was bad also. And so flippin’ POPULAR! I don’t get it.