Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Power to the Peanut Butter

Happy Mothers’ Day!

Hopefully all the mommies out there are being pampered like they deserve: breakfast in bed, pedicures, and lots of hugs.  My amazing mommy received a special breakfast (which I’ll write about tomorrow).  But because I was working on her breakfast, my own had to be quick and simple.

A lightly-toasted whole-wheat English muffin with homemade Smashberry Jam and peanut butter

Now it’s time for another installment of “Strange things I see when I Run.” I almost stepped on this guy yesterday (well, not him, but his look-alike).

And then, later, I came across a hissing squirrel. Did you know squirrels can talk? I didn’t! Nothing as strange as Scary Spandex Man, but if I never see him again, I think I’ll be okay!

1. Run Sarah says:

I love Kirkland organic PB! For mothers day, we are having a sushi dinner!

2. aww banana slices along for the ride! i think id liek to go along for a ride with that breakfast! hehe xoxo

3. Evan Thomas says:

PB&Co. All the way!

4. Diana says:

That breakfast looks so good 🙂
    Actually, Mother’s Day was last weekend here in Portugal! Interesting, huh? 😛
    Have a great day!

5. Sarahishealthy says:

Woah that turtle looks awesome. I love turtles 🙂

6. abby says:

i am making my mommy breakfast in bed. but she hasn’t woken up yet, silly mommy!

7. Mary says:

I’m sure that whatever you’re making your mom, it’s awesome. I can’t wait to find out! Tell her happy mom’s day for me!

8. Jenny says:

**swooooooooon** – this post = the perfect wayt o start my morning 🙂

Hope you have a beautiful Mother’s day!!

9. I celebrated Mom’s Day last weekend, since my parents are at my sister’s college graduation this weekend (out of state). I made her a veggie skillet and banana brandy crepes; so good! For Mother’s and Father’s day every year I just do brunch for my parents. It’s a fun time to make tons of yummy breakfast food (favorite meal of the day!) and hang out.

10. Jess says:

What a great title!

11. A hissing squirrel? That sounds scary!

12. vegangal says:

love this post and love you too but not scary spanex man he is creepy haha. xoxoxo

13. Inspired says:

I love pb, but it has to have sugar and salt. Doesn’t have to have much, but without salt, it just tastes… off.

14. Marina says:

I love seeing strange things on my runs :))
    I adore the brand “made by me at home” 😀
    It’s cheap and has only one ingredient: peanuts. (and occasional epithelial cell from my or my bf’s fingers 😀 )

15. A hissing squirrel, aaaahhh.
    I think your breakfast is bringing back my PB addiction! Favorite brand is absolutely Justins!

16. Meg says:

I adore turtles 🙂 this post made me smile! As do all of your posts 🙂

I’m taking my Mom out to dinner and brought her flowers this morning!!

17. Demelza says:

I’m looking forward to seeing what you made your mom for brekkie. :]
    I made my mom chocolate croissants.
    I’m not entirely sure what my family is doing…:/
    I think my mom wants everyone to go see a movie together before my brothers go back to college to finish their finals.

I haven’t tried too many brands of peanut butter, so my favorite is Naturally More.

18. Rachel says:

awwwww turtle!

Smart Balance makes a PB sweetened with agave nectar and added omega-3’s which is pretty tasty, can’t say i met a PB i didn’t like, except the time i accidentally bought chunky…the texture is just too weird for me.

19. Renée says:

Mmmm Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is my favourite PB!

20. Effie says:

I love your breakfast. I used to eat a lot of peanut butter when living in UK. I missed it!