Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

If You Like Piña Coladas

And getting caught in the rain… Well I don’t know about getting caught in the rain. Who likes that? Maybe warm rain.

My mom is a super-special lady who deserves nothing less than the best of everything. I’m sure many of you feel the same way about your moms. So spoiling her on Mothers’ Day is a given. And spoiling always includes breakfast in bed.

Last year’s breakfast: Vegan Rice Pudding.

And the year before that was oatmeal pudding.  But this year, I wanted to deviate from the done-to-death pudding theme. On the menu?

A Sunshine Breakfast Pizzert: Mommy Dearest is the biggest piña colada fan. It’s no secret where my coconut-loving genes came from!

The Sunshine Pizzert

Use the basic Breakfast Pizzert recipe:

• sub 1 tablespoon coconut oil for the applesauce
  • use pineapple juice, from the canned pineapple, as the liquid
  • add a few walnuts to the batter

Toppings: pineapple, coconut, walnuts, and Artisana macadamia nut butter

Mom loved it. At first, she looked at the plate and said, “It’s gorgeous, but there’s no way I’m going to be able to eat all of it.” After one bite, however, she was singing a different tune. She kept asking, “This is healthy??”

Only the best for the best!

1. Lovely post Katie, and that Pizzert looks great! :)

2. Valerie says:

That’s so cute and sweet what you did to honor your grandma’s memory :).

3. You have one lucky momma! :)

My mom is such a caring person and would literally give you the shirt off her back. She’s an inspiration to me!

4. Awwww how sweet!!
    I love that my mom always, always puts others before herself!

5. Kate says:

Your mom is so pretty! It’s obvious where you get your dazzling looks from, CCV :)

6. Ilana says:

mmm that looks delish!

my mom is amazing because she can assume a thousand different roles throughout the day without blinking. i’ve learned much.

7. Kate,
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww times a million :).
    Thank you :).
    And I agree that my mom is beautiful… both inside and out.

8. Sarahishealthy says:

I love everything about my mom. She’s so patient and giving, something I need to work on (the patience)

9. Inspired says:

Gorgeous pizzert!
    And where are you in that photo?

10. Diana says:

That looks so good! :)
    I love that my mom knows me better than anyone else in the world, sometimes I don’t even have to say what I’m thinking. But really, I love everything about her. :)

11. vegangal says:

love the pizzert i still need to make one someday soon i really will do it. your mom is so pretty just like you and well all your food too love you a ton! xoxoxo

12. Marina says:

My mom is an amazing doctor and always knows the best comforting words.
    Looove the pizert!

13. Great post! I love that my mom gives amazing advice about everything :)

14. y0our mom is so gorgeous! actually let me rephrase… you, your sister, and your mom as such beautiful women! ur dad is rad too! hehe. i love that dress she’s wearing, great color for her.

and omg katie ur the best! i love pineapple and coconut ANYTHING! my fav is when its pineapple muffins dipped in shredded coconut. YUM xoxo <3

15. Mum is the best because she (usually) stands by me whatever I decide to do next and believe me, it has not always been easy with me 😀

16. Hela says:

aaaaaaaawwwwww, what a sweet post :)
    i love my mum 2 bits!! she always encourages me, no matter what i am doing and she is just always there for me. she´s simply the best mum i could ask for :) honestly.
    so, now i go and tell her :)

17. Paola says:

katie..warm rain? err how about chocolate rain xP
    anywho I love my mom’s wisdom and strength :)
    cute pizzert btw! ur recipes are so inspirational!

18. Mary says:

Aw such a sweet idea of think of something our mommies do and then tell them. I’m off to call my mommy, even though I just spoke with her yesterday. You can never talk to your mommy too much :).

19. *Andrea* says:

aw your mommy is beautiful just like you! and pretty in blue 😉

my mom is the most CARING person i know! she’s a nurse and has been a girl scout leader, ccd teacher and just is always there when i call her up and often complain about silly things or stress out or cry.

20. Andrea,
    Our mommies could be twins! Mine was a gs leader and ccd teacher too! Oh, and such a good room mom one year that the kids (without asking the teacher) decided to throw her a birthday party :).

21. gina g says:

i love my mom! my mom is the most caring and loving person i know! she my bestfriend! <3

22. Jennifer - jcd says:

Your mum is one very lucky (and beautiful) lady!

I love my mum because she is always there for me and helps anyone who needs it. She is a wonderful role model, and I am so happy she is my mum!

23. i LOVE walking in the rain. puddle splashing is one of my favorite pastimes.

24. Lisa says:

That looks delish! I’m going to try it—I think my mom would love it too…

25. Rachael says:

Wow. A pina colada that won’t make things fuzzy. Granted, mom love is different than man love (moms, after all, rock out when it comes to the whole unconditional thing), but I think your breakfast pizzert might get me one step closer to marriage..

26. My mom will do anything for her children. She is very selfless in that way.

27. sagojyou says:

That looks extremely sweet! Good she liked it and ate it all! 😀

What I like about my mom is how she is a tough, hard-working lady. She teaches me to keep going and have fun in life! 😀

28. Anna says:

That pizzert looks freaking incredible!!! Neeeeed to make that asap. I love my mama because she is truly my best friend. No matter what I do, she supports me and she’s always there when I need a good laugh or shoulder to cry on. P.s. I want a piña colada now sooooo bad

29. Yay pizzert! Thanks for stopping by to check out my attempt :) I can´t wait til I get back to the States and can buy coconut oil, applesauce, etc. to try other versions. It was so delicious.

30. Katharina says:

Oh wow!!! that is quite a treat. Seriously, that pizzert is totally up my alley.. behind my backyard.. and into my kitchen! I love tropical flavors so much and I can just imagine how amazing it must’ve tasted. Unfortunately I’m purposely winding down my supply of pantry staples since I’m heading to FL for the summer shortly. It’s funny how I’m running out of so many things like it’s perfect timing lol.

31. amandatrombley says:

Chocolate-covered mom is so cute! What an awesome breakfast!