If You Like Piña Coladas

And getting caught in the rain… Well I don’t know about getting caught in the rain. Who likes that? Maybe warm rain.

My mom is a super-special lady who deserves nothing less than the best of everything. I’m sure many of you feel the same way about your moms. So spoiling her on Mothers’ Day is a given. And spoiling always includes breakfast in bed.

Last year’s breakfast: Vegan Rice Pudding.

And the year before that was oatmeal pudding.  But this year, I wanted to deviate from the done-to-death pudding theme. On the menu?

colda2

colada

A Sunshine Breakfast Pizzert: Mommy Dearest is the biggest piña colada fan. It’s no secret where my coconut-loving genes came from!

The Sunshine Pizzert

Use the basic Breakfast Pizzert recipe:

• sub 1 tablespoon coconut oil for the applesauce
  • use pineapple juice, from the canned pineapple, as the liquid
  • add a few walnuts to the batter

Toppings: pineapple, coconut, walnuts, and Artisana macadamia nut butter

Mom loved it. At first, she looked at the plate and said, “It’s gorgeous, but there’s no way I’m going to be able to eat all of it.” After one bite, however, she was singing a different tune. She kept asking, “This is healthy??”

mompretty

Only the best for the best!

Tags:

1. Valerie says:

That’s so cute and sweet what you did to honor your grandma’s memory :).

2. You have one lucky momma! :)

My mom is such a caring person and would literally give you the shirt off her back. She’s an inspiration to me!

3. Awwww how sweet!!
    I love that my mom always, always puts others before herself!

4. Kate says:

Your mom is so pretty! It’s obvious where you get your dazzling looks from, CCV :)

5. Ilana says:

mmm that looks delish!

my mom is amazing because she can assume a thousand different roles throughout the day without blinking. i’ve learned much.

6. Kate,
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww times a million :).
    Thank you :).
    And I agree that my mom is beautiful… both inside and out.

7. Sarahishealthy says:

I love everything about my mom. She’s so patient and giving, something I need to work on (the patience)

8. Inspired says:

Gorgeous pizzert!
    And where are you in that photo?

9. Diana says:

That looks so good! :)
    I love that my mom knows me better than anyone else in the world, sometimes I don’t even have to say what I’m thinking. But really, I love everything about her. :)

10. vegangal says:

love the pizzert i still need to make one someday soon i really will do it. your mom is so pretty just like you and well all your food too love you a ton! xoxoxo

11. Marina says:

My mom is an amazing doctor and always knows the best comforting words.
    Looove the pizert!

12. Great post! I love that my mom gives amazing advice about everything :)

13. y0our mom is so gorgeous! actually let me rephrase… you, your sister, and your mom as such beautiful women! ur dad is rad too! hehe. i love that dress she’s wearing, great color for her.

and omg katie ur the best! i love pineapple and coconut ANYTHING! my fav is when its pineapple muffins dipped in shredded coconut. YUM xoxo <3

14. Hela says:

aaaaaaaawwwwww, what a sweet post :)
    i love my mum 2 bits!! she always encourages me, no matter what i am doing and she is just always there for me. she´s simply the best mum i could ask for :) honestly.
    so, now i go and tell her :)

15. Paola says:

katie..warm rain? err how about chocolate rain xP
    anywho I love my mom’s wisdom and strength :)
    cute pizzert btw! ur recipes are so inspirational!

16. Mary says:

Aw such a sweet idea of think of something our mommies do and then tell them. I’m off to call my mommy, even though I just spoke with her yesterday. You can never talk to your mommy too much :).

17. *Andrea* says:

aw your mommy is beautiful just like you! and pretty in blue 😉

my mom is the most CARING person i know! she’s a nurse and has been a girl scout leader, ccd teacher and just is always there when i call her up and often complain about silly things or stress out or cry.

18. Little Bookworm says:

Lovely post Katie, and that Pizzert looks great! :)

19. Andrea,
    Our mommies could be twins! Mine was a gs leader and ccd teacher too! Oh, and such a good room mom one year that the kids (without asking the teacher) decided to throw her a birthday party :).