Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Who you callin’ Fat?

Today’s Afri-card of the Day:

1. Diana says:

No! I don’t think you are talking about it too much.

If anything, I am really happy for the reminders because I KEEP FORGETTING to take my hug-a-fat photo shoot and write about this important subject in a blog post, which I really want to do. So thank you for reminding me!

I’ll do it TODAY! 🙂

2. Valerie says:

Mmmm banana butter is a favorite in our house.

Have you tried it with Coconut butter?
    Coconut Banana Butter just sounds like something you’d adore ;).

3. Ilana says:

You’re absolutely just the cutest thing. Seriously, does it hurt to be so cute?!! I *have* to try banana butter. Now. In fact, I’m gonna do it right now.

4. Jennifer - jcd says:

You’re so talented! The card is great, and the peanut butter and bunny slippers are the icing on the cake.

Favourite benefit of good fats? Definitely the taste! They also help keep me full for long periods of time, which is great for those long days outside or big workouts. Yummy!

5. Krystina says:

I’ve recently started upping my fat intake, and I’ve noticed that I have more energy, I’m less tired and I just feel all around better. I don’t know if it’s in my head of if it’s the fats, but I’m going with the fats. Plus, they taste sooo good.

6. Cute Afri-card! I heart fats, especially the avocado variety 🙂

7. Awwww, cute card!! I’m into card making and scrapbooking too, although I haven’t done it in a few months…

I need to start hugging my healthy fats!! 🙂

8. Meg says:

Fat SERIOUSLY saved my hair after going through anorexia a couple years ago. Here’s to fat 😀

9. abby says:

my favorite thing about healthy fats is that they help my body function properly so i can be a healthy girl. and someday a mommy :).

10. eatandrun says:

I love the taste. I don’t care what people say, I think if they’re honest with themselves, they know that everything tastes better with a little fat. Like people who say stir frying with water tastes just as good? It DOES NOT! 🙂

11. Kate says:

I need to hug my fats! Thanks for reminding me :). But which fats to choose???

12. Mary says:

Wow, that’s my favorite africard yet! You really have a talent. Oh what am I saying, you have a MILLION talents!

13. Nicole says:

Hi Katie,
    Because of you and your blog you have introduced me to the Peanut Butter & Co. My favorites are White Chocolate Wonderful and Cinnamon Raisin. You have also introduced me to Artisana butters, love the cocoa bliss & coconut butter, and amazing grass as well as Living foods raw chocolate spreads. You are costing me too much money!!! I so enjoy eating all these “fats”! Love your blog!

14. Katie says:

Katie I love ya girl and love the card of you and the PB!!!!!!!! So cute!!!!!

I want to say that I really appreciate you doing this post about loving fats, it is so important to have for our bodies, god fats that is!! I think some people get scared of the word fat, I know I used to be, but now its all love!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for hug a fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. I will do a post about this soon, it is a fantastic idea. But, the main reason I love healthy fats (besides the obvious deliciosity) is because they make me feel SATIATED and full. If I eat a fat free meal, I am never full, and start looking for dessert, or round 2. If I get a big dosage of healthy fat than I am satisfied and full for a couple hours. Obviously fats are important for the brain signals linked to satiety, yet another reason why they are so important!

16. It is also key to note that satisfied and full are completely DIFFERENT things. You can be stuffed and not satisfied and want to eat something else to finally ‘do it.’ And you can be not very full at all and completely satisfied!

17. vegangal says:

i love hug a fat and banana butter sounds yummy too especially with chocolate. cant wait to see your chocolate photos of your hugging your dark chocolate dreams! xoxoxo

18. HOW ADORABLE IS THAT CARD KATIE! omg that is sooo cute <3

oh i think healthy fats are the best for my skin and hair!! and i noticed how great hemp butter was for my mood 🙂

19. Anonymous says:

Homemade Cacao Bliss!!!! Please post soon!!!! Waiting is too hard!!!

20. McKella says:

I just bought a jar of DCD the other day and I’ve almost eaten half of it! I love it!