The Perfect Summer Dessert

zn

I chopped a few frozen strawberries and let them melt into a Whipped Cream Bowl.

Then I put the bowl in the freezer for 40 mins prior to eating.

znyc 1526

Next time, maybe I should also add some homemade Chocolate Butter to the bowl!

1. Jocelyn says:

Yummy! That bowl of strawberries+ vegan whipped cream looks delightful.

I have enjoyed all of my granola from *mixmygranola* I like the french vanilla base and they have lots of delightful add in options! 🙂

I also enjoy natures path pumpkin flax granola.

2. Sarahishealthy says:

I like the Nature’s Path pumpkin flax. Great on top of oatmeal. I’ll have to try your whipped cream!

3. Vivian says:

I don’t think I’ve ever bought granola, I just make my own! It’s easy and it makes your kitchen smell like heaven! lol

4. Beth says:

I like making my own! But in terms of buying it at the store, I like Bare Naked the best.

5. Elizabeth says:

Cascadian Farms granola rocks!!! It’s soo good. I also like Bear Naked Fit. (The Vanilla Almond kind is excellent!)

6. The strawberry dessert looks awesome!
    I really like Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax (I think that’s what it’s called?).. it’s so good!

7. Aimee says:

I’m not a big fan o granola either. But I LOOOOVE your banana blender cereal! Sheer genius!

8. Leslie says:

Bare Naked! But I am such a granola fiend. I like all granola! What’s not to like? 🙂

9. Mary says:

Oh that really DOES look like the perfect summer dessert: refreshing, sweet, and not too heavy. Perfect!

10. Lauren says:

Love your dessert idea, strawberries and cream..what could be better?? 🙂

11. Valerie says:

Your whipped cream is a favorite in our household. On waffles, with berries, and yup, we’ve even eaten it with granola ;).

12. Jess says:

Mmm love granola!

13. Ilana says:

Eh, I don’t like granola either. Buuuttt I do love strawberries n cream, and haven’t had anything really similar since completely going vegan. Thanks for the idea!

14. I like to make my own granola based on the Feast recipe by Nigella Lawson. http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/Granola.html

It’s much cheaper and you can customize it based on what you feel like. During the winter, I was making a batch every other weekend. My favorite way to eat granola is pour almond milk over it and then heat it up in the microwave so it’s a bit soft. Top with sliced bananas or other tasty fruit. So good!

15. Rachel says:

Soft and creamy, tehehe.

16. Lisa says:

Guys? I don’t know about everyone else but I’m definitely not a guy.

17. vegirl says:

OH MY GOSH. Me, too! My favoriterr foods in the world are foods I can eat with my hands and soft/squishy/creamy foods (like baby foods). I’m such a good chewer that most other foods take so long to eat!
    Vegirl

ps- I have a hug a fat photo coming soon!

18. vegirl says:

favorite* (sorry!)
    vegirl

19. i know what u mean, i rarely buy granola. i will sometimes go to the bulk section to get a small amount because i never find i can eat a whole bag before it expires! i tend to just stick to granola type bars.. that way i can crumble one into something if i want. most granolas are too sweet to make into a cereal, and im still on the hunt for one thats really good. homemade seems to be better.. and i like ones with molasses or rice syrup… but not too much cuz then it hurts my teeth with all the sugars.

just checked out ur recip for the whipped cream and im pretty amazed u got such a delicious whipped treat from mainly rice milk and tofu! thats amazing!! id never buy whipped cream in a can.. im really picky about things like that. id be willing to try urs tho!!

20. Lindsey says:

Bear Naked “fruit & nut”! I am always trying out all the granolas I can find, but this one remains at the top. Sounds boring compared to just about every other fancyshmancy flavor, but no, ma’am, it’s AMAZING!