Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies

Redefining cookies and milk.

Just your basic nighttime snack at the Chocolate-Covered house, proving that healthy food can taste sinful. Especially healthy food in the form of raw chocolate chip cookies:

Above, homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Babies.

To make the cookies, I simply smushed the babies, as opposed to rolling them into balls. Voila! Raw chocolate chip cookies!

Are you a nighttime snacker? About 2 hours or so after dinner, I usually find myself getting hungry again. Enter the nighttime snack.

Raw chocolate chip cookies

1. Michelle says:

My favorite nighttime snack is peanut butter and jelly on a toasted whole wheat bagel… and your right that healthy food is delicious… it’s what u make of it!

2. Jennifer - jcd says:

Mmmm, looks tasty! The whole ‘don’t eat after supper’ thing is ridiculous. Eat when you feel hungry, whatever the clock reads.

Some of our favourite night time snacks are homemade nutty nana (banana butter) ice cream or celery sticks with peanut butter (and sometimes raisins or chocolate chips).

3. Sarahishealthy says:

I adore those cookie dough babies and adore you for creating them.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of smooshing them into actual cookies! Why didn’t think of that???? Will get on it right away! 🙂 😉

4. Sarahishealthy says:

Sorry, I meant “Why didn’t I think of that”

5. Ilana says:

Considering I’m a serious night owl, the “no eating after 8pm” rule is like…what? to me. I eat dinner at 8 or 9 haha!

These days, my fave nighttime snack is a spoonful of chocolate butter dipped into peanut butter, and maybe some fruit (apple, banana, raisins..). It’s sheer perfection and a half. Also a cup of tea to go alongside, and I’m all set.

Right now my current fudge baby on the playlist is chocolate-peanutbutter-banana. Oh gosh I’m so happy.

6. Aimee says:

Raw chocolate chip cookies! Nom nom nom

7. Those cookies are so cute! My favorite nighttime snack is… anything snacky (vegan of course). 😀

8. Evelyn says:

Although I haven’t had this for a while, cereal has always been a favorite night-time snack for me 😀

9. Mary says:

I have to agree with Evelyn, above. My hand goes straight for the cereal at night. I don’t like it with milk at night, just straight from the box :).

10. abby says:

i used to be afraid of eating at night. but then i would go to bed hungry and my stomach would feel sooo horrible and i wouldn’t be able to fall asleep for hours!

11. Run Sarah says:

I love anything sweet – smoothie in a bowl, soy ice cream, a muffin or yogurt!

12. Megan says:

I am all about the chocolate desserts at night. Sadly, the caffeine keeps me up, so I have to resort to non-chocolatey things. Boo hoo 🙁

13. Inspired says:

At night, I love me some carbs 🙂

14. Jo says:

I try not to eat after I finish my supper but bear in mind I probably won’t finish till nearly 9pm! And then I go bed very early (as I’m an early bed)… However if I did get hungry I would probably snack on some dried fruit or something or have a big cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows!!

15. vegirl says:

I don’t normally eat after dinner. If I go to bed full I have trouble sleeping and I wake up feeling lousy and not hungry. I have to eat before I leave the house every morning and eating on a not-hungry stomach is NO FUN.

16. Valerie says:

We’re way ahead of ya, Katie! In our household, we’ve been eating “fudge baby cookies” almost since the day you first posted ;). We love those babies so much!

17. I don’t generally eat after 9 p.m. on weeknights…but my rule is no eating three hours prior to bedtime. So on weekends, I may eat at like midnight, but I may not go to bed to til 3 or 4 a.m. Unless I’m drunk, and then all rules are off …. when I’m drunk, I’ll eat french fries at like 3 a.m.

18. I normally stay away from night time snacks unless I work out later in the evening, but my favorite combo is raw nuts with a piece of dark chocolate.

19. eatandrun says:

Those look like the perfect “on the go” snack!

20. i love that u mixed in generous raw chunks of chocolate in there! i love making raw cookie cuz of how quick they are to make! i would never say no to a raw cookie- never!! hehe <3

have a gorgeous friday girl!