Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Can I hug a What?

Voting for the next Hug-a-_____ Month is still going on. As of right now, it looks like Hug-a-Fruit is winning. But even if the one you want doesn’t win this month, we’ll probably get around to all of them at some point.

Chocolate Fruit Covered Meal of the Day:

Fruit-licious post-run b: icy-cold almond milk, Larabar, and Strawberry Oat Bran.

1. Do you mean cold breakfast on a hot day? My new favourite is overnight oats. :)

1. Little Bookworm,
      *Hides in embarrassment* LOL yes, that’s what I meant! I changed it :).

2. Anonymous says:

That Strawberry Oat Bran looks scrumptious!

3. Sarahishealthy says:

Oh, sorry, the above comment is mine.

4. Ilana says:

I love cold oatmeal too! I thought I was so weird for that…

My fave hot day breakfast is a smoothie, or just straight-up fruit. But I always drink hot coffee, no matter the temperature. Not sure why!

5. Jennifer - jcd says:

It rarely gets hot here in the mornings. When it does, it’s frozen smoothies for breakfast. Sometimes they are so frozen they turn into ice cream! Cold oatmeal is really good too!

6. Stefanie says:

I used to eat cold oatmeal a lot but haven’t in awhile. Even in the summer time I eat warm cereal. There is just something comforting about it that I can’t say no. I tried the blended grains trick this morning on my oatmeal and it was really good. Thanks for the idea. :)

7. My fav breakfast on a hot day is cold cereal…not too inventive though, lol. I make it awesome by adding fresh blueberries, banana, chopped almonds, almond butter, and hemp milk. It’s disgustingly hot & humid here, so I had it this morning! :)

8. Lori says:

I love cold oatmeal! If I don’t do overnight oats I will cook it and then put frozen blueberries in it. The heat thaws them but the oatmeal gets cold. It is so good.

9. Leslie says:

Can’t say I’ve ever tried cold oatmeal. But I’m interested in your recipe, as well as the one right above me. I might just try that, Lori!

10. Inspired says:

When it’s way too hot for a warm breakfast, I’m all about the ice cold smoothies!

11. Sarah says:

Yay hug a fruit!
    You look SO FREAKIN cute in braids, Katie :)

12. Overnight oats is definitely my favorite thing to eat on a hot, Texas day! So refreshing and brownie-like. :)

13. Katie says:

The pic of you in the green dress and the stunner shades is beautiful! Love it!

I love cold oats! Overnight oats or a nice bowl of cereal have been my breakfast lately for a hot day!

Love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mary says:

I just don’t think I could get used to the idea of cold oatmeal! It just sounds… weird 😕

15. Mama Pea says:

I’ve been on an oatmeal kick lately even though it is hot. Smoothies just don’t seem to satisfy me lately. Maybe on the side of some oats? Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Your hair looks darling in braids!

16. Krystina says:

I love overnight oats, which I always eat cold! They’re delicious and chewy.

17. Kelsey says:

i love her idea too- hug a pet!!! but katie, how do i hug my fish!?! maybe i’ll get my bathing suit and snorkle ready just incase the idea is chosen..hmm…

18. Meg says:

I love overnight chia seed oats! It’s like eating cheesecake! Or Jell-o pie 😀

Hoooray for fruit – I love bananas and berries in the summer time! That necklace you’re sportin’ up there is super cute, where can I get one?

Love ya!

19. Marina says:

I always like my oatmeal, now in summer, with a cold ripe peach. But yogurt and fresh fruit is also amazing combo

20. my Danish cousins eat raw oatmeal cold with milk! cultural differences right?

21. Katie says:

I love smoothies an a hot morning! Or fruit…both are so refreshing. I don’t mind cold oatmeal either…overnight oats, yum!

22. shesarunner says:

I eat cold oatmeal all the time…or muesli or overnight oats…all forms of cold oats. They’re so delicious!

My favourite breakfast on a hot day is a smoothie. They are very hydrating and refreshing!

23. Marianne says:

I think a big ol’ smoothie is my favourite breakfast on a hot day. But I also enjoy a simple bowl of cereal, or yogurt with fruit and granola and nut butter :) I’m not really that picky.

24. abby says:

those photos are so cute and fun! i love how your beauty extends to your spirit too :).

25. I’ve been meaning to try overnight cold oats for a while! I’m so use to hot oats, though. They seem to be all the rage so I’ll have to give em a shot. :)

26. Jess says:

Mmmm, strawberries and cream oat bran sounds delish!
    <3 jess

27. sarah b says:

This is a bit off topic…however, I’ve been thinking of things I would like to see “healthified”, and wanted to give you a bit of a challenge?! Can you help me come up with a way to enjoy healthified “Coldstone Creamery Cake Batter” flavored ice cream? It’s one of those things that I eat and wish I instantly/magically could eat all over! THANKS KATIE :)

fave breakfast as of lately: banana blended with scoop of unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut milk, 3 ice cubes, and a touch of maple syrup…ahhh~

28. Ann Claire says:

A Fruit Cruise? sounds like it was made for me! Your oats look great. I love your blog.

29. When I use to be able to eat oatmeal, I loved it cold!

30. Hands down oatmeal…hot, cold…either way. I eat oatmeal in some form ever day for breakfast!

31. YAAAY hug a fruit! <3
    my favorite cool down breakfast for sure is banana soft serve! i feel like i'm getting away with eating ice cream for breakfast but i'm really eating my favorite food EVER… bananas! 😀

32. Justine says:

I have never had cooked oatmeal cold, but thinking of it as rice pudding makes it a whole lot easier to think about. :)

33. maggie says:

Love all the hugs!!

PS: Have you checked out my new collection, Coconut & Pepper? Tell me whatcha think!

34. I eat oatmeal or pancakes pretty much everyday, hot or not, but I guess cold cereal might be more appetizing.

35. BroccoliHut says:

I just posted my recipe for overnight oats, which are very hot weather-friendly, but I will always choose a smoothie over anything else on a hot day.

36. I vote ice cold milk in some Kashi cereal..
    Yours looks great too!

37. I’m not very keen on eating breakfast ever but if I had to choose the faourite one on a hot day it would be fruits, lots of fruits! :)