Can I hug a What?

Voting for the next Hug-a-_____ Month is still going on. As of right now, it looks like Hug-a-Fruit is winning. But even if the one you want doesn’t win this month, we’ll probably get around to all of them at some point.

berries

blogfruit

Chocolate Fruit Covered Meal of the Day:

mealofday

Fruit-licious post-run b: icy-cold almond milk, Larabar, and Strawberry Oat Bran.

1. Anonymous says:

That Strawberry Oat Bran looks scrumptious!
    🙂

2. Sarahishealthy says:

Oh, sorry, the above comment is mine.

3. Ilana says:

I love cold oatmeal too! I thought I was so weird for that…

My fave hot day breakfast is a smoothie, or just straight-up fruit. But I always drink hot coffee, no matter the temperature. Not sure why!

4. Jennifer - jcd says:

It rarely gets hot here in the mornings. When it does, it’s frozen smoothies for breakfast. Sometimes they are so frozen they turn into ice cream! Cold oatmeal is really good too!

5. Stefanie says:

I used to eat cold oatmeal a lot but haven’t in awhile. Even in the summer time I eat warm cereal. There is just something comforting about it that I can’t say no. I tried the blended grains trick this morning on my oatmeal and it was really good. Thanks for the idea. 🙂

6. My fav breakfast on a hot day is cold cereal…not too inventive though, lol. I make it awesome by adding fresh blueberries, banana, chopped almonds, almond butter, and hemp milk. It’s disgustingly hot & humid here, so I had it this morning! 🙂

7. Lori says:

I love cold oatmeal! If I don’t do overnight oats I will cook it and then put frozen blueberries in it. The heat thaws them but the oatmeal gets cold. It is so good.

8. Leslie says:

Can’t say I’ve ever tried cold oatmeal. But I’m interested in your recipe, as well as the one right above me. I might just try that, Lori!

9. Inspired says:

When it’s way too hot for a warm breakfast, I’m all about the ice cold smoothies!

10. Sarah says:

Yay hug a fruit!
    You look SO FREAKIN cute in braids, Katie 🙂

11. Overnight oats is definitely my favorite thing to eat on a hot, Texas day! So refreshing and brownie-like. 🙂

12. Katie says:

The pic of you in the green dress and the stunner shades is beautiful! Love it!

I love cold oats! Overnight oats or a nice bowl of cereal have been my breakfast lately for a hot day!

Love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Mary says:

I just don’t think I could get used to the idea of cold oatmeal! It just sounds… weird 😕

14. Mama Pea says:

I’ve been on an oatmeal kick lately even though it is hot. Smoothies just don’t seem to satisfy me lately. Maybe on the side of some oats? Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Your hair looks darling in braids!

15. Krystina says:

I love overnight oats, which I always eat cold! They’re delicious and chewy.

16. Kelsey says:

i love her idea too- hug a pet!!! but katie, how do i hug my fish!?! maybe i’ll get my bathing suit and snorkle ready just incase the idea is chosen..hmm…

17. Meg says:

I love overnight chia seed oats! It’s like eating cheesecake! Or Jell-o pie 😀

Hoooray for fruit – I love bananas and berries in the summer time! That necklace you’re sportin’ up there is super cute, where can I get one?

Love ya!

18. Marina says:

I always like my oatmeal, now in summer, with a cold ripe peach. But yogurt and fresh fruit is also amazing combo

19. Katie says:

I love smoothies an a hot morning! Or fruit…both are so refreshing. I don’t mind cold oatmeal either…overnight oats, yum!

20. Little Bookworm says:

Do you mean cold breakfast on a hot day? My new favourite is overnight oats. 🙂

1. Little Bookworm,
      *Hides in embarrassment* LOL yes, that’s what I meant! I changed it :).