3-Ingredient Coffee Ice Cream

To everyone who lamented their lack of Vita-Mixes:

coffee

Most of yesterday’s Vita-Mix Ice Cream tips are just as useful for regular blenders or food processors! So you don’t have to be left out in the cold; you, too, can get cold inside, with vegan ice cream! Ice cream such as the one below:

3 Ingredient Coffee Ice Cream

(Serves 1)

• 1 cup milk of choice  (You can use creamer or canned coconut milk if you want a creamier ice cream)
  • 1 tsp instant coffee (such as Mount Hagan brand)
  • Sweetener of choice, to taste
  • optional: 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

In a cup, mix the coffee powder and sweetener into the milk. Pour into an ice cube tray or shallow container. Freeze. Blend in your Vita-Mix, blender, or food processor, and scoop out with an ice cream scoop. (It’s much more ice-cream–like if you have a Vita.) Optional: add chocolate chips.

coffee1

Tags: , , , ,

1. I think the new header is cute, but since you are so talented at food photography, maybe it could have involved a background of one of your amazing picture?

2. Kassi says:

I think the new layout is very clean and nice. I like it! :)

3. anonymous says:

Katie, I love your blog. It’s myNUMBER ONE favorite.
    BUT… I don’t think your diet is strange!

4. Oh anonymous, thank you SO much for your kind words. :)

And I agree with you; I don’t think my diet is strange either! I wrote about the meaning of that statement here:

5. I love the new header- so cute! I don’t think your diet is strange at all!! 😛

6. Jennifer - jcd says:

I loke the new layout too. There was something I didn’t like initially, but you must have fixed it because it doesn’t happen anymore.

And I can stand up and confirm that the ‘Sir mix a lot’ trick works with food processors. My blender isn’t fancy enough to handle it, but the food processor certainly can. I sometimes have to add a little nondairy milk to get the process started. It’s never hard enough to make scoops though; ours is always soft serve.

1. Thanks JCD, for vouching for food processors! Now, when people ask, I can tell them (with assurance) that it works. :)

7. *Andrea* says:

love the header! i associate pretty hues of blue and periwinkle with you for some reason :) it’s your color hehe

that coffee icecream sounds sooooooooo good. i need to buy a vitamix thingy asap. my roomie took the magic bullet when we graduated so now all i’m left with is a 8-year old blender haha. for my first apartment i need to get a bullet and a vitamix so i can make all your delicious recipes! (love how they’re organized on your recipe page

1. Andrea,
      You should see me in yellow. Not so pretty LOL ;P

8. I like the new layout too. You look gorgeous in the header, as usual. :)

I really need to try your ice cream method! I’m sure I will this weekend with temps soaring into the high 90s here. Freezing ahead of time is genius!!

9. Erika says:

I like the header as well, Katie. Cute and fun! You are keeping us all in suspense on the other new changes coming soon. 😉

10. i think ur layout looks really clean, and its very easy to read and move around and click things etc. the header is seriously adorable.

yea i think vitamix’s can do everything. ive seen people process food in them.. ive seen a few youtube videos of it being done with bread crumbs etc.

ice cream should only have a few ingredients, i find the less there is the better tasting it is. some of the ones in the store like rice dream is like xanthum gum this and carageenan that lol. which is all fine, except it kind of makes u wonder what all that ‘gum’ does in the body after awhile haha

xoxo

1. Kelsey,
      Seriously! I mean, look at how long gum lasts when it’s on the ground. Who wants that black gunk in her stomach lol?

11. Leslie says:

@Erica,
    I DO use my Vita-Mix like a food processor! I make fudge babies in it ALL THE TIME :).
    And I make salsa in it. If you keep it on low, it does a good job of chopping the tomatoes.
    I haven’t used it as a juicer, but I’ve heard you can!

12. Sarah says:

I make juice in my Vita! You can do it! :)

13. Sarah says:

Oh, and love the new layout, Katie. It makes your photos really stand out.

14. Stefanie says:

I like the new layout. It seems to suit you better. :)

15. I like the new layout! But I also dont think your diet is strange!

16. Little Bookworm says:

Love the new blog layout! :)

17. Kiersten says:

I like the new blog layout! I think it looks neater than the old one.

18. Love the new header! I made your fudge babies today and they were amaaazing, thank you so much for the recipe! I will obvi be giving you a blog shoutout today :)

19. :O That ice cream looks and sounds delicious! Cute layout too :)