Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Where be my Fruit Huggers?

Oh yes, that’s right. It’s:

Hug a Fruit Month!!!!

So let the kiwi kissing, apple adoring, and lemon loving begin!

Me? I love me some honeydew. The fruit, itself, is delish. However, the photo is a bit bland for my tastes…

That’s better, don’tcha think?

Find some yummy fruit, and hug away! Then I’ll include your photos in the “Hug a Fruit” post at the end of July. (If you don’t have a blog, you can send a photo in an email.) Camera shy? Whip up a favorite dish featuring fruit (or try a new fruity recipe), and photograph that instead.

If you need inspiration:

Here’s an extensive alphabetical list of tons of fruits.

Now go make out with your mangoes ASAP!

1. ahhh YAY! i can’t wait to hug me some fruits. i might as well just go to a farmers market and huge the whole stand 🙂
    you’re so cute with your honeydew by the way!
    i’d love to hug me some banana bread. and lucky for me, i’ve got some baked right now… 🙂

2. Leslie says:

Ha! Mr. Honeydew is very handsome. And you are stunningly beautiful, so you two make a perfect couple. Sounds weird, but this is meant to be a compliment ;).

3. Julie says:

I would love to hug a huge mango. I love that fruit but I’m very fond of red fruits too. Actually, I don’t know what I would take if I had to choose because it depends on the seasons. But right now, I would love a huge mango… It is so hot here !

By the way, did you bring with you your vitamix or did you leave it at home ? Your parents brought it to their car or not ? Sorry if you already answered to that question. I’m losing my mind with the warm weather.

I would love to get the vitamix. I’ve been praying for it for two years now, but it is so expensive… 🙁 Lucky you !

1. Julie,
      Sadly I did not bring my Vita-Mix with me. I miss poor Vita-man, but I’ll survive ;). My parents brought the Magic Bullet, which is much smaller. So I still get to have puddings, fudge babies, etc… just not Vita-Mix ice cream. Eh, it’ll taste twice as good when I get back!

4. Molly says:

I would totally hug me some watermelon. I can eat this stuff until I have a waterbelly baby! It’s so sweet and juicy and loaded with Vitamin C. No wonder I never get sick!
    I haven’t had honeydew since I was a little kid, seeing your picture makes me want to go buy some!

5. Gabby says:

I am so going to get creative with this!
    I missed the fat hug month, but not this time :).
    P.S. You are so pretty with the honeydew.

6. Okay, I’m totally hugging something this go-round. And I love lemons! I think they’re bad for your teeth to eat straight (or so my grandma used to tell me), but I do sometimes. 🙂

7. Ilana says:

YES!! Favorite food ever=fruit!
    I’d go hug my black berry bush but it’s a little thorny. Also I think we can cross “Hug-a-Durian” off the list.

8. VeggieGirl says:

I’d like to hug a kiwi (you know why)

9. McKella says:

I eat at least one watermelon and two cantaloupes every week during the summer! Melons rule! Not too fond of honeydew though, weird.

10. Heather says:

Haha….actually my son (8 months) loves lemons. He’s the only one I’ve ever met who does! We gave him one as a joke initially, to see his reaction (we had the camera out and everything!)….and he *liked* it! So now, if we take him to a restaurant, we’ll request a plate of lemons or give him the citrus wedges from our water glasses to keep him occupied.

11. Melissa says:

Oohhh… expect a pic of me hugging my big 5lb box of bahri dates. LOL.
    LOVE those things. And bananas. 🙂

12. I want to hug a banana VERY badly. Those beasties are my best friends at the moment 😛
    Or dates. And figs. And cantaloupe…hm…too many!

13. Stefanie says:

There are so many fruits that I would like to hug it is hard to choose. I am liking your nail art of the day and your hug a fruit picture. Have a great day. 🙂

14. After having eaten an entire honeydew yesterday afternoon….I think I’d have to follow in your footsteps at this moment 🙂

15. *Andrea* says:

love the nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so pretty and girly. yay! i eat so much fruit it’s not even funny. i will try and hug a pink lady at lunch 😉

16. Laura says:

oooh, i LOVE fruit!!!! i never get sick of it! there are just SO many different choices and so many ways you can eat it! yum yum! i’ll definitely hug a fruit for ya 😉 xx

17. Hey now! I LOVE lemons! Well, lemon juice. It is the perfect addition to so many meals, soups, dahls, curries, dips, and salads. I looooove it!

18. Danielle says:

Girl, keep wearing that bulletproof vest…with all the anon comments 😀

I am *soooooo* hugging a pineapple

19. Serena says:

Your nails look so cute in that picture! I really want to participate in this one… I did not participatei n Hug-a-Fat ’cause I simply did not have time. We’ll see!