Strawberry Shortcake in a bowl

Strawberry Shortcake in a Bowl!

sberry
What love looks like in gastronomic form.

sberry1

Strawberry Shortcake in a Bowl

A variation of the breakfast Blueberry Muffin Pudding

• 60g strawberries (about a heaping 1/2 cup)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener, if desired
  • 2 tbsp creamer (such as Silk)
  • 1 serving cooked oatmeal or bulgur (see: how to cook bulgur)

Combine all ingredients in your blending gadget (I use a Magic Bullet). I love using frozen berries, as it makes the pudding super-cold and satisfying after a hot run. If you go this route, thaw the berries just a bit, so they blend more easily.

1. I get that never-want-it-to-end feeling after basically every meal..it’s lovely, but frustrating at the same time, cos it ALWAYSends. Boo.
    I like strawberries blended with cereal, milk, yogurt, banana, vanilla extract. SO good!

2. Marilou says:

I’m a girl! I always want to hear about boys – Come on 😀

1. Hela says:

may i sign that? 😉

3. Sarahishealthy says:

Oh that is the prettiest breakfast ever! My favorite strawberry recipe is definitely strawberry shortcake. With lots of whipped cream! I bet it’d be good with your whipped cream in a bowl.

1. Valerie says:

Yup, I’ve made strawberry shortcake with Katie’s whipped cream in a bowl. So I can tell you: it IS amazing! You don’t miss the dairy cream one bit! 😉

4. Faith says:

I always loved strawberries in a sour cream/brown sugar dip when I was a little girl…now I think I’m going to experiment with a silken tofu/agave/brown sugar dip to healthify/veganize it. It always was such a favorite of mine!

Of COURSE I want to hear more about the boy! My love life is so disheveled right now I need all the vicarious stories I can get 😉

5. Valerie says:

My favorite strawberry recipe is homemade strawberry jam, hands-down!

6. Kelly says:

That’s the prettiest-colored breakfast ever!

I’m so glad to hear your date went well – having no awkward silences is a very good sign. :) I bet most of us want to hear more, so please – share away!

7. Favorite way to eat strawberries? With chocolate of course!!! 😀

I love your strawberry shortcake..it makes me think of my grandfather. Everytime we go visit, he *always* has shmooshed strawberries, shortcake, and ice cream. It never fails. :)

1. abby says:

that’s my favorite way too! with chocolate! who can say no to a chocolate covered strawberry???
      katie, you should combine the chocolate cream pie bulgur and the strawberry one!

8. Run Sarah says:

I’m eating strawberries in oatmeal right now – yum!

9. strawberries are good with just about anything. i think my favorite is either baked in muffins or scones.. or used as a topping for waffles <3

hey, but theyre good wrapped in chocolate too :) classic

xoxo

10. Hela says:

that looks absolutely delicious!!
    yummi!
    i love to keep it simple with strawberries: i mostly eat them plain, preferably straight from a strawberry field :) but i also like em in smoothies.
    i had some for breakfast yesterday morning and they were lovely!!
    excited to hear more about “the” boy, katie!!

11. Bonnie says:

I love this cheerful post! That breakfast looks bowl looks so delicious and refreshing, I’ll have something like that too :)

I think my favourite way to eat strawberries is just… a big bowl of strawberries. They’re already so perfectly sweet and juicy and delicious on their own! But I really love them in muffins as well. Or dipped in chocolate fondue…

1. Bonnie says:

*I’ll have to try something like that

sorry, that sentence got messed up a bit (:

12. Leslie says:

Oooh you’re cheating on the boy already? Hahaha but I’d cheat with Mr. DCD peanut butter too. You turned me onto that stuff and now I am HOOKED!

13. todayslady says:

DCD and I have a thing too!

My favorite way to eat strawberries so far is in a smoothie with chocolate protein powder but that may change if I try your strawberry shortcake. Looks super yummy :)

1. Wha?? He told me we were exclusive! I’ll have to have a word with him ;).

14. YUM! Strawberry shortcake is one of my favs!

15. that look sososo good! Do you think it would work with wheatberries??

1. I don’t see why not! After all, they’re pretty similar to bulgur :).

16. Little Bookworm says:

I’m not so keen on strawberries, though I love them when they are dried. They taste great! (That “shortcake” sandwich looks great though!) :)

17. Anonymous says:

Yummy post, thanks. Request: if you get a chance while you are still in New York, would you consider going “dumpster diving” on Park Ave.? I wish I could do it, but I’m nowhere near New York. :-) Just a thought :-)

1. lol I’m actually not in NYC anymore.

18. Laura says:

I have a love/hate relationship with strawbs! Sometimes i LOVE them…sometimes i HATE them…(never woulda guessed that eh!?).
    It’s probably not the most nutritious butttttttt strawberries dipped (smothered) with milk chocolate…..YUM! xx

19. Jess says:

Mmm, talk about a summer breakfast!!