A Gift from the Boy

I told you all, the other day, about my retail therapy… but I forgot to show you what I bought: a new hat!

cow

Just kidding; I restrained myself… what on earth would I do with something so atrocious? Actually, I didn’t end up purchasing anything the other day. After all, not everyone can be as rich as Paris Hilton (who—as it turns out—isn’t so lucky. She was arrested for Cocaine possession this week. Money can’t buy happiness). Maybe I should have bought the hat, though. I know a certain friend who’d like it ;).

Yesterday presented me with a diversion in a different form: a visit from the postman (who, noticing all the packages that arrive for “Chocolate-Covered Katie, one day asked: “What company is Chocolate-Covered Katie?” hehehe).

myguy

myguy2

This delivery wasn’t for CCK; it was simply for Katie. And it was from… Sports Store Hottie!!

The edible birthday surprise was incredibly sweet, especially since it meant he’d paid attention to me (a good trait in guys). I’d told him I hated getting flowers because it always made me sad that they died after a few days. So in his card, he said, “I figured out how to get you flowers that won’t go to waste!”

Oh, did they ever not go to waste. My friends and I had a field day with this thing. Give me sweet fruit over droopy roses any day. I invited two girl friends over after dinner for a *cough cough* “study” session and instead of studying, we ended up attacking my birthday flowers.

Death by 1,000 forks!

Eh, it’s only the second week of school; what’s there to study anyway?

Question of the Day:

What’s the nicest gift you’ve ever gotten from a romantic interest?

ccpie

Anywho, the nicest gift I ever got from a boy was probably my ex-boyfriend’s chocolate pie.

But SSH’s edible birthday flowers are pretty high up there, too.  Also: Have you ever had a secret admirer? I remember I had two different ones in middle school, one of whom we made fun of because he kept signing his notes “from your secret admiror.” And back in elementary school, I got a rose on Valentine’s Day from a secret admirer… but then I discovered that a bunch of my friends did too, so I’m sure they were really from one of our moms!

1. Oh that is the best present ever!! I wish a guy would get me that :p

2. That is so cute! I’ve never gotten a fruit bouquet but have always wanted one.

3. todayslady says:

I love the edible flowers!!! Thats so thoughtful! He’s definitely a keeper 🙂

I can’t wait for the recipe. Oats always make the ingredient list ultra appealing!!!

4. Demelza says:

OMG how cute!! 😀 (pardon my enthusiasm, haha)

The nicest present I got was also from a guy I liked who was really far away. :/

He drew me a bouquet of roses and scanned it in to send it to me.
    “They’re not as good as yours, but…even so, these are for you.”
    Haha, the flowers in the picture even had a little namecard attached (drawn on) to them. xD
    It really meant a lot because typically I’m the one drawing things for other people
    (I was an art major before I switched to psychology), so I always love it when other people
    draw things for me.

1. Awww that’s so sweet!! And I understand your love of having others draw for you… I am always so excited when someone takes the time to cook for me! Or once, my sister made me a scrapbook, even though I’m the scrapper inn the family. It meant so much to me!

5. Eric Jaffa says:

Regarding the fruit, did he have a local store ship it? Or was it shipped from NY in ice?

1. It’s from a company called “Edible Arrangements.” They have locations all over, so I’m sure it wasn’t shipped from NY.

6. Anonymous says:

That is so sweet!!! Ohh I wish someone would send me a fruit bouquet. Those always look so neat and TASTY!!! I’ve had some secret admirers, and I’ve been a secret admirer as well :p

The nicest gift I got from a romantic interest… well I didn’t want a Valentine’s Day present and my boyfriend at the time knew that. But he just really wanted to get me something so he came to school with a big Tweety bird balloon, a card, and just the most adorable smile on his face. He was so sweet and really didn’t do it to annoy me. His smile was too cute and innocent to suspect that lol. And he held his arms out when he saw me and was just so excited to give me these things 🙂

XOXO

7. Katharina says:

Aww that is so sweet of SSH to send that to you 😀 I think the sweetest thing though is that he remembered what you had said! I wish someone would send me one of those fruit bouquets–they look so neat and TASTY!!

My boyfriend at the time surprised me on Valentines Day. I had told him I didn’t want anything, but instead he showed up at school (I was in high school at the time) with a big Tweety bird balloon, a card, and the most adorable smile and wide eyes. I know he definitely didn’t even think of being annoying because his smile was too cute and innocent to even suspect such a thing.

XOXO

8. Danielle says:

That was so sweet!! (Heh, no pun intended)
    And that’s one of my favorite traits for a guy to have- the fact that he LISTENS! lol
    I think the nicest give I’ve recieved were flowers (which aren’t too original…but it was still a nice gesture) 🙂

9. Caitlin says:

You are so so so pretty, Katie :).
    No wonder SSH got you such a sweet gift.

I had a secret admirer once in elementary school too. But then in middle school, the rose thing was just like in “Mean Girls” with the popular people getting the most roses. So I dreaded that. But now I have a wonderful boyfriend, so it all works out in the end!

1. Valerie says:

I agree! I loathed the Valentine’s Day flower sending, because it was just another way for the popular kids to show off to the rest of us who wished we could be so lucky to get even ONE flower from someone special. Looking back, I don’t know why we cared so much! They were just flowers!

10. Christina says:

That looks divine and look! Chocolate covered strawberries! The boy did good =)

11. Aww how sweet! I love edible arrangements!

12. eatandrun says:

Oh he’s a keeper!

13. Hotchoc23 says:

Wow what a lovely pressie!

My favourite gift has to be my pink sapphire engagent ring… and then Snow Patrol tickets! x

14. HOW CUTE! What a perfect gift 🙂 Can’t wait for your recipe tomorrow!

15. Angela says:

How nice! I love edible arrangements.

The best gift I’ve been given wasn’t really a thing – it was an act. My current BF realized after a month of dating that we had no pictures together, so he hired a photographer to follow up around (unbeknownst to me) and to take candid photos. The pictures turned out great, but it was the thought that went into it that meant so much. He put so much time and effort into that gift I couldn’t have been more moved. It’s been two years and I still talk about it. He also hired a violinist to serenade me at work with 90s R&B. That was also really sweet but mildly embarassing. 😉

16. mckella says:

That is so cute! If I had a giant fruit bouquet, I’d dip it in a pot of chocolate fondue.
    Presents are nice, but I think caring gestures are better. When I was dating my now-husband, he once drove an hour to my house in the middle of a cold night on his motorcycle to cheer me up after a really stressful week. We had hot chocolate and watched a movie at two in the morning. That was one of the sweetest things anyone’s ever done for me.

17. 40apples says:

Super super sweet of him!! I love edible bouquets 🙂

Best gift from a romantic interest: a hand drawn card (the effort behind it was pretty mind-boggling) and a pair of awesome sneaks – yes, sneakers! I loved these totally baller shoes for so long but always thought it would be such a waste of money to actually buy them (more a novelty item than practical, if you get my drift). Anyway, he totally surprised me with them, and it was just the most whimsical, fun, *wow-he-paid-attention* kind of unexpected present! I loved it. I’ve worn them, like, twice, but I’m so proud of them 🙂

18. Emily says:

what a sweet gift, katie! this one sounds like he may be a keeper! hope things work out. 🙂

19. Carbzilla says:

*Jumping up and down* How cute a present from the boy!!!! He so likes you!

I have to say I did get a Vermont Teddy Bear one time and was in a place where I really appreciated it. Now I would think it was dumb but this was a lonngggg time ago, and it came with a dozen roses. I was a sucker for that kind of thing.

Big hugs!

20. KeepItSweet says:

When my husband and I were dating long distance, he sent me a box with a bag of hershey kisses and a ton of caramel soy crisps. I loved it!