Kisses you DON’T want!

Happy Friday, chocolate chips!

bday5

What was the best birthday present you ever received?

The best birthday present I ever received came from this guy.

And since our fateful first meeting, he’s continued to shower me with gifts every single day! (Sadly, some of these gifts are wet and slobbery and I wish I could send them back.)

I won’t bore you with details  of the gifts I received from family and “real-world” friends this year. But I do feel compelled to give a shout-out to two sweet blog friends. It’s the least I can do to show my thanks for their thoughtfulness.

momcard  znyc 1597

First, a thank-you to Gina for some delicious chocolate Jocalat bars (my favorites!). And then, there are no words for the kindness of Vegirl, who even remembered my mom and Molly and Henry . She not only sent me a handmade (gorgeously-drawn) card and chocolate bar, she also sent a card to my poor mother! And she included some homemade puppy treats for M&H. (By the way, M&H could not get enough of these quinoa-peanut-butter treats!)

Your thoughts on puppy kisses: pro or con?

I am definitely con. Puppy tongues encounter all sorts of gross things (worms, dirt, their paws…). Keep that tongue away from my face! But my dad (and some of my friends, as well) has no problem putting his head right there for Henry to practically lick it off. Ewww!

And now, I promise, no more birthday posts! Well, for a while anyways.

1. I love puppy kisses! Even if it is gross. 😉

2. Caitlin says:

Hahaha I am with everyone else so far! I will put my face right up to my pup’s nose. As long as I don’t think about where his nose has been, I’m ok.

Hey, didn’t they once say that a puppy’s nose is cleaner than your cell phone???

😉

1. I heard that too! And money!
      But apparently money and cell phones are dirtier than your toilet seat as well… doesn’t mean I’m going to go kiss a toilet seat lol!

3. Valerie says:

That’s a great picture of you!

1. Thanks so much, Valerie!! 🙂 🙂

4. Meg says:

I love puppy kisses 😀

Enjoy your Friday gorgeous lady!

5. Sarahishealthy says:

I have to vote “pro” as well! But maybe that’s just because I am not able to have a dog right now (due to living in a small space) so I try to take advantage of as much love from them as I can get when I encounter one! 🙂

6. Marina says:

I’m glad you got so many presents, you deserve them 🙂
    Con.
    As a future veterinarian, I know what animals can transfer to people, so no, no pup kisses for me.

1. *Phew* Glad I’m not the only one. I was startin’ to get worried, there ;).

7. VEGirl says:

I DO NOT like dob slobber. Cats are okay, probably cause I grew up with them. But dogs?? I think it’s so gross! I don’t have any, but we will in the future (landlord’s orders).

Thank you so much for the shout out, and I am so happy M&H actually liked the cookies! As I said, I don’t have a dog so I just had to hope for the best! LOL

vegirl

1. Like them? Are you kidding? They would’ve eaten the whole box in one gulp if I’d let ’em!

P.S. expect an email this weekend :).

8. I’m all for puppy kisses, as long as they’re little, but I’m not so into the slobber. I used to be very wary of dogs, but once I met my boyfriend’s dog, I immediately fell in love and now can’t get enough of any dog in general. I’m always so jealous when I go on climbing trips of all the people who have brought their super cute dogs with them. They better be careful, or I’ll end up taking one home with me!

9. Puppy kisses are the best!! And they say dog’s mouths are cleaner than human mouths anyway….but who knows if that’s true. I totally let my dog lick all over my face with his big ole sloppy tongue. Sometimes we even share food! As for puppy puppies (like baby ones), there is no greater scent than that of fresh puppy breath!

10. mckella says:

I usually don’t like puppy kisses, but one time I went over to my parent’s house after an awful day and I was crying, and their shitzu puppy, Maya ran up to me, so picked her up and she licked all my tears off. It was so sweet and made me feel so much better.

11. DEFINITELY con! I completely agree with you about the germs… eww. I am okay with letting a dog lick my hands, just not my face… but I always wash my hands well afterwards!

12. Justine says:

I prefer puppy hugs. 🙂

My dog will get a kiss in where ever she can, so I have to be ontop of my game with her! A few years ago my mother got me season tickets to the ballet. She has done it every year since, and it was the best thing I could have asked for. You see, we don’t just go to the ballet 4 times a year, we go to dinner before hand and spend time together after. It is kind of like a whole Mother/Daughter evening and SO much fun. 🙂

13. 40apples says:

I love pups but I’m with ya on the kisses. I’d rather hug 😉

A stellar bday present: a guitar, from someone I had just met (and am now roommates with!). I couldn’t believe the generosity. Or: my parents flying me home for my bday this year – I hadn’t celebrated it w/ family in years and years, and it was really special!! Got a weekend of love and pampering 🙂

14. Eric Jaffa says:

Are those birthday presents from your parents?

15. spoonfulofsugarfree says:

Ahh! How cute! I actually love puppy kisses, though! My dog doesn’t give kisses out freely, so it is a special moment when he does 🙂

1. LOL you should meet Henry! That guy will not STOP giving out kisses… to everyone he meets. He’s a terrible guard dog!

16. Kiki says:

Ew, I’m definitely against doggy kisses! Cuddling yes, slobbering no.

And hm, my best birthday present ever was a really really nice watch from my mom three years ago. I still wear it today!

17. EmbraceYourSkin says:

I am anti-puppy kisses but pro-kitten kisses 🙂
    The best birthday gift I ever received was 2 years ago when my Dad gave me a framed picture of us from when I was 6months old. I started crying at the dinner table 🙂

18. Stefanie says:

I do not like puppy kisses (or kitty kisses). It grosses me out. It looks like you had a great birthday. The best present I got for my birthday (last year) was just spending time with my family. My parents only give out money for birthdays because it is hard to figure out what to buy for my brothers and me.

19. I agree with the puppy kisses! I love my Biscuit, but I don’t want her near my face licking. It’s enough she licks my legs…like when I get out of the shower! I’m always like, get off of me! I’m clean! LMAO!

Happy belated birthday Katie! I hope your day was fantastic and marvelous and everything you hoped it would be. 🙂

20. BroccoliHut says:

I’m gonna say con on the puppy kisses too–I mean, I’ve seen my dogs, ahem, “cleaning themselves,” way too often to think those licks are sanitary. Nonetheless, I do love to cuddle with all pooches:)