Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

3-Ingredient Alfredo Sauce… soup?

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Fall.

Yup, even in Texas. The temperatures were actually in the 70s all day yesterday. Nice change from those summer 100s! I celebrated with some roasted veggies, which seem to epitomize Fall in my mind.

But the star of my lunch, yesterday, was 3-Ingredient Alfredo Sauce.

I love Alfredo so much, I sometimes “forget” to put it over anything. Come on, how good does Alfredo soup sound?

I made a quickie salad to go along with my 3-Ingredient Alfredo soup.

This salad was basically a “use up all the leftovers in the fridge” salad. As I’ve said before, I loathe wasting food, especially when it’s perfectly-delicious food! So, when I’m planning a meal in my mind, I try and incorporate as many leftovers as possible.  Let’s see if I can remember everything that went into the salad: roasted eggplant + zucchini, steamed mushrooms, spinach, mâche, almonds, and my newest favorite BBQ sauce. Super-yum, and now I can feel happy knowing the leftovers found a good home—my tummy!

But Katie, where are the carbs??? Not to worry; a few hours later, I had a carb-o-licious snackie. Check it out:

Another Fall favorite?

Cinnamon, which appears in my 24-Carrot Cake Pancakes.

Today, I smeared them with coconut butter, natch!

Do you ever eat breakfast foods at other times of the day?

Y’know, oatmeal for dessert, cereal at snacktime…? Anyone who reads my blog knows that I often do! Pancakes make an especially good snack. Just because they don’t do a good job of filling me up at breakfast doesn’t mean they’re banished from my life. A life without pancakes? How sad would that be?

Side note: Shout out to Lisa, who made Chickpea Butter… and liked it! 😉

1. Amy says:

Yes, I often eat breakfast for dinner.

Also I love my make pancakes with a lot of stuff in them… berries, chocolate, nuts, cinnamin, and more!

Carrot cake pancakes sound yummy.

2. Meg says:

I love breakfast for lunch AND dinner! I totally agree- pancakes are a perfect snack 😀 Oh my gosh, those carrot cake pancakes…I must make them soon.

Love you girl!

3. Tina says:

Hey Katie!
    Today, when I opened your website, i had a bowl of cereals with an sliced apple topped with soy-yoghurt in front of me! It would be the perfect breakfast, but now its 16:25 o´clock!!!! I often eat a typical “breakfast” at this time!

Thanks for your daily inspiration :-)!

Love, Tina from Germany!

PS: I like my pancakes with “Apfelmus” a little bit sugar and Cinnamon……

1. Ooh I’m intrigued by this “Apfelmus”… off to gogole it! 🙂

4. abby says:

i eat cereal for snack like it is my JOB! really, i am always with a bag of kashi granola. my friends make fun of me :).

5. Mary says:

Before finding your blog, I used to hate oatmeal. Now I love your chocolate chip oatmeal so much I sometimes have it for dessert!

6. Valerie says:

Yes, we are big breakfast fans in this household. My kids think I am supermom when I let them have breakfast for dinner. Little do they know I do it because I am NOT supermom and letting them eat breakfast for dinner is fast and easy! 😉

7. Lisa says:

Woah! Thanks for the shout out. It made my day :).

8. Eric Jaffa says:

What are the ingredients of the salad?

1. I listed the salad ingredients in the post, under the photo.

1. Eric Jaffa says:

How did you roast the eggplant?

1. Broiled it 10 mins, turn over 10 more mins.

9. Justine says:

Vegan Alredo? Now I’ve seen everything. Katie, you, my dear, are my hero. 🙂

10. eatandrun says:

Yum, that looks so good!

11. VEGirl says:

Breakfast is DEFINITELY my fave meal of the day. I go to bed every night with the prospect of breakfast, and bound out of bed every morning, hungry and heading straight for the kitchen! My staples are GF oatmeal, other hot cereals, pancakes, nuts, nut butters, and FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT (my fave food!)!! I make pancakes all times of the day, either AS pancakes or for bread. Oatmeal, fruit, nut butters, and nuts are round the clock foods too. It’s a bit difficult to squeeze in some veggies and beans 🙁 🙂

1. What? You like fruit? I wouldn’t have known, judging by all your fruit-hugging photos ;).

12. Sarahishealthy says:

I agree. Pancakes never fill me up for breakfast. I’m hungry like an hour later! So I haven’t eaten any in a long time. I’ll have to try your pancakes for snack idea. I miss my pancakes friends ;)!

13. Ilana says:

I’m all discombobulated when it comes to eating “breakfast foods” and “lunch or dinner” foods. This morning for breakfast I had miso broth with steamed greens and leftover brown rice and veggies. Probably gonna have vegan french toast for dinner! Haha.

14. Breakfast for dinner tastes way better than breakfast does at breakfast time. 🙂 I love that I used “breakfast” three times in one sentence.

15. I love breakfast foods: oatmeal, pancakes, eggs/toast 🙂 and somehow a bowl of cereal tastes so much better at night than in the morning!

16. mckella says:

Heck yeah. I love waffles for dinner. I also eat toast and yogurt and eggs and stuff throughout the day. I haven’t had oatmeal for awhile though, so sad.

17. Leslie says:

I don’t know about breakfast for dinner, but I’ll often do dinner for breakfast. Salads, leftovers, stir fries… nothing’s out of bounds in the mornings! 😉
    I’m more of a savory foods lover, so I enjoy savory foods at breakfast time too.

18. Shelby says:

If I could eat breakfast foods all day, every day…I totally would 😉

19. spoonfulofsugarfree says:

Hey I added roasted eggplant yesterday, too! SO yummy! And, i finally got some zucchini today, so I will be trying the cheesecakes soon 🙂

But breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. A couple years ago, I used to eat oatmeal EVERYday for lunch! I also eat pancakes a lot for dinner and snacks just because they are so easy to make (and yummy, too)

1. Haha I went through an oatmeal-for-lunch phase too! Maybe at the same time as you :).
      I hope you like the cheesecake!!

20. Caitlin says:

I am in love with oatmeal. I could eat it all day long. And pretty much, I DO eat it all day long. My friend will be eating cake or cookies, but I’m happy with oatmeal. Weird, but what can I say? It’s just the way I am!