Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Your turn to Talk

Happy Saturday, Chocolate chippies!

I’m so glad y’all liked the idea of the Almond Butter-Pom Sandwich yesterday.

Speaking of fun ideas, I’m having a bit of a problem: There are so many recipes I want to share that when I go to my computer to write a post, I’m overwhelmed. I don’t know which recipe-post to write first. What ends up happening is I’ll work a little bit on one post, put it aside, work a bit on another, change my mind, start to write a third… the result is that none of them ever actually gets finished.

Waterfalls in zen gardens make me feel peaceful and calm. Computers are my anti-waterfall!

Below are just ten of the many recipes I’ve already made up but haven’t published. If you could vote on the ones you’d most like to see, perhaps I’ll get a better sense of which posts to write first and which to save for later.

• Hawaiian Mango Sundae
  • Vegan Tortilla Soup
  • Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups… with a twist!
  • Thai Curry Stew
  • Coconut Butter Cookies
  • Raw Pina Colada Pie
  • Polenta Casserole
  • Apple Raisin Breakfast Barley
  • Raspberry Truffles
  • Raw Coconut Cream Pie

See, overwhelming, right? And that’s only a very few. The list in my head is much, much longer. But I don’t want to completely inundate you.

Also, I just wanted to clarify something about the Healthy Oatmeal Cookies, because I’ve been getting a lot of questions: if you sub all of the oil out in favor of applesauce, the cookies will be fluffier. So if you’re looking for a less cake-y cookie, don’t sub for all of the oil. But my friends and I thought the cake-y texture was kinda fun… like mini muffins in cookie form! :)

Please let me know:

Which of the above recipes are you most interested in?

This way I can concentrate on writing posts for those first and put the others on the back burner!

1. alwalk3 says:

vegan tortilla soup!

2. Gina G says:

the coconut butter cookies or tortilla soup! :)

3. Valerie says:

Such a cute photo, m’dear :).

And I am extremely interested in those Reeses pb cups! I’d love a healthy recipe for them. Reeses were my weakness in college!

1. Valerie says:

I’m also curious about this “twist” on the Reeses. What’s the twist? Do tell! :)

1. Kayla says:

Ok then I vote for this one. I hate secrets! I’m really bad at keeping them too!

4. nicole says:

I would like to see the soup, stew and polenta casserole. I need tasty, healthy vegan ideas for my meat-eating family!

5. eatandrun says:

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups… with a twist!

6. Brandi says:

Vegan tortilla soup though second would be the peanut butter cups.. my hubby loves those..

7. Raychel says:

vegan tortilla soup and the apple barley breakfast!

8. abby says:

oooooh pb cups for sure!
    love the photo :) :).

9. Thai Curry Soup please! I love Thai but have very few recipes.

10. Meg says:

Any kind of raw pie 😉

11. Liz says:

Vegan Tortilla Soup please and the PB cups for dessert 😉

12. Tori says:

Peanut Butter Cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Leslie says:

Chants: pb cups pb cups pb cups!

14. Jennifer says:

Coconut butter cookies!!

15. Nicole says:

I would like to see the soup, stew, and polenta casserole recipe. I need tasty and healthy vegan recipes for my meat-eating husband and children.

16. Molly says:

That polenta casserole sounds good! I have seen polenta before but never known how to use it!

17. Coconut pie :) I love anything coconut!

18. Katelyn says:

The casserole! I’ve made one at home before but I’m curious to try other versions :) And the peanut butter cups with a twist!

19. Laura says:

Raspberry Truffles!!

20. Laura says:

Raspberry Truffles!

21. Shannon says:

PB cups – pleeeeeese – then raspberry truffles! Vegans need Halloween treats too, and it’s right around the corner!

1. Caitlin says:

I agree with the person above me. We vegans need fun, chocolatey options amidst all the Snickers and Reeses and Kit Kats in Halloween baskets. Yeah, I know we can have Swedish Fish. But come on, would you rather have Swedish Fish or a Reeses peanut butter cup?!
      I’m going with the chocolate ;).

22. Heather says:

polenta casserole and thai curry stew! i am looking for more vegan entrees but get so overwhelmed with all the recipes online – love being able to read a post to see how it’s done!

23. brooke says:

thai curry soup! polenta casserole! piña colada pie!

24. Mary says:

Going to have to go with the pb cups. But really, anything you choose sounds great to me. Sorry, that’s not a big help!

25. lovelisa says:

twisted pb cups! seems like a lot of people before me also want this. hopefully that means we’ll get it!

26. VEGirl says:

In order of desire:
    1. coconut butter cookies
    2. raspberry truffles (!!)
    3. pb cups with a twist
    4. Raw Coconut Cream Pie

1. I only saw your comment when I’d left mine but I’m with you!

27. Krystina says:

Vegan tortilla soup!

28. Stefanie says:

The stew and coconut butter cookies sound good. :)

29. I’m definitely interested in the peanut butter cups with a twist :) I know if they’re coming from you they have to be healthy and delicious!

30. Megan says:

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups… with a twist!
    Thai Curry Stew

Everything sounds wonderful!

31. Elizabeth says:

Vegan Tortilla Soup, please! Fall weather has me in the mood for soup. Also would love to see your recipe for Thai Curry Stew.

32. Kelly says:

I don’t know why, but the tortilla soup is callin’ my name! But really, Katie, you could choose any of those – they all sound marvelous!

33. Bernice says:

Wow! No wonder you’re stumped. They all sound great! I vote for the coconut pie first… But it’s a hard decision:p Thanks for all your yummy recipes, and your sunny stories.

34. Hey girl! [:
    Long time reader but first time commenter, here. I’ve made tons of your recipes [before I had a blog of me own] and loved all of them – especially the vegan greek yogurt! Just wanted to say that I love your blog and seriously adore that you post healthy recipes with the readers in mind. :]

Also, the Reeses pb cups sound divine.

35. Anonymous says:

pb cups!

36. dragonmamma/naomi says:

The Thai Curry Stew or the Tortilla Soup. Cold weather is coming up!

37. Tanya says:

Polenta Casserole!! :)

38. Amalia says:

Coconut butter cookies!

39. Tricky one… I was thinking it had to be the coconut butter cookies. Then the raspberry truffles caught my eye because they sound amazing! But can so many people calling for peanut butter cups be wrong?? Aarggh! :-)

40. Rachel says:

I vote for MANGO SUNDAE!!! I got so excited when I read that 😀 If you don’t end up writing about it, will you share the recipe with me, please? It sounds so DELISH 😀

1. Definitely! I will eventually get around to that one anyway. It’s a super-simple recipe: the “sundae” part is a breakfast pizzert bottom, with mango faux-yo, cacao nibs, and vegan whip on top. For the mango faux yo (makes 2 very large servings), blend the following in the Vita-mix (If you have a reg blender, you might have to add more liquid):
      -240g mango (about 2 yellow Manila mangos)
      -1/16th tsp salt
      -40g non-dairy milk
      -7 ice cubes

41. Katie says:

Pb cups please :). They sound perfect for Halloween!

42. Sarah L. says:

I am so excited for the Coconut Butter cookies so definitely those! And the PB Cups with a twist sound awesome too. I love desserts. hehe

43. Coconut butter cookies
    Reese’s PB cups
    Thai curry stew
    and Raspberry Truffles!

44. Dianne says:

tortilla soup, pb cups, and curry stew all call to me. It’s definitely getting to be soup weather!

45. Inspired says:

I’m going to have to join the masses and clamor for a healthy-fied Reeses peanut butter cup, even if only to find out what this “twist” is!

46. Anonymous says:

healthy pb cups? omg you’d be my hero!

47. ytotheummy says:

vegan tortilla soups sounds deliiiciousss! Do it! 😀

48. Ooh, raspberry truffles sounds amazing!
    And so does the tortilla soup… Actually, they all do. Any one would probably be fine by me!

49. *Andrea* says:

# Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups… with a twist!
    # Coconut Butter Cookies

those would be my top choices!!

50. Allison says:

I say vegan tortilla soup on the savory side and the raw coconut cream pie on the sweet side. I have the same problem. I sit down at my computer and I have so many great pictures that sometimes I don’t know where to start. But instead of starting multiple posts I usually just don’t start on any. I need to work on that. We can only do what we can do, right?

1. I’m guilty of that too (the “not starting any” thing). I have so many ideas (not just post ideas, but ideas for life in general). Sometimes being a creative-minded person isn’t always a good thing lol!

51. I think the coconut butter cookies sound good!

Also, I made your veggie cheesecake (and adapted it a bit to make a neat version you might want to try!) Check it out on my blog! :)

52. Nicole says:

I must say I am intrigued by the thought of healthy pb cups. No doubt yours are easy to make as well? I love that about your recipes, because I’m a lazy cook too :).

53. Reeses with a twist? I put a little twist on my raw vegan version a year ago when I posted about them and have been in heaven ever since…lol :)

Honestly, as much as I love desserts and have a huge sweet tooth, I love the idea of vegan tortilla soup b/c it would expand my repertoire a bit..hopefully it will be GF too!

And if nothing else, Pina Colada anything works for me :)

1. Raw vegan version? I’ll have to check them out! Mine *can* be raw, but they don’t have to be.
      Dunno how I missed yours, but with your plethora of recipes it’s hard to keep up lol. I dunno how you do it! You’re amazing, girl!

54. Mayra Martin says:

Thai Curry Stew and Polenta Casserole please!! :)

55. Laura says:

I can’t wait to hear them all…..but that doesn’t help you…so i’ll say PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!! xx

1. sweetie pie says:

me too! me too!

56. I vote for the Apple Raisin Breakfast Barley and the Raspberry Truffles! The recipes all sound great though. :)

57. christina says:

raw pina colada pie, raw coconut dream pie, vegan tortilla soup, thai curry stew

so many good ones! that was the hardest thing i had to decide all morning! (<3saturdays)

58. Jessica says:

Tortilla Soup! Although I would love to see you get to all of them 😉

59. Lori says:

They all sound great but if I had to pick I’d say Raw Pina Colada Pie, Thai Curry Pie and the peanut butter cups!

60. Sünne says:

Oh the choices! It’s really hard to decide but I’d say:
    Polenta Casserole
    Tortilla Soup
    Thai Curry Stew

… and I’d like the recipe for Mushroom Stroganoff, too :)!

61. candice says:

Hey, Iam new to the food blog world and recently came upon your blog! & I just love it! I can’t wait to make some “babies”! I want to see ALL of the recipes but especially the pb cups and the apple raisin barley! yum!! can’t wait!! Thanks for blogging!

1. Aww thank you, Candice… and welcome to the bloggie world!! :)

62. Heather says:

Coconut butter cookies or Apple Raisin Breakfast Barley (I need a new breakfast to take to work!).

63. Karen Andrews says:

Raspberry truffles then coconut butter cookies! :)

64. Sarah says:

I would love to see healthy Reeses cups. That’s my vote. Although they all sound wonderful. The soup sounds great for fall, although it’s still hot here!

65. Lisa C. says:

I’m voting for either the raw pina colada pie or the reeses cups. They all sound so good. This is why I read your blog!

66. Eric Jaffa says:

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups… with a twist!

67. Jo says:

If you can convince me that polenta can be tasty, you have to publish that recipe! If it was only polenta left on this planet i would rather eat soil. It tastes just discusting, and I eat everything else! Just polenta….bleh. I hope you can publish or send me a link :)

1. Do you buy the instant stuff? ‘Cause that can make a difference BIG time. Instant polenta is lousy!

68. anonymous says:

pb cups, then truffles, then curry soup

69. Coconut butter cookies, please!!! I’ve been anxiously checking back for the recipe every day since you first mentioned it. After that, the coconut cream pie would be amazing. :)

70. Midnite says:

Hawaiian Mango Sundae and Raspberry Truffles.

71. Mara says:

How about we pick one savory and one sweet recipe? I know that’s more work for you, but it’s already so hard to pick which one of those awesome-sounding recipes we’d like to see when you have to add in another choice of whether you want a meal or a dessert (although it’s fun to sometimes make them one and the same ;] ).

So, I vote for the polenta casserole and pb cups. =]

72. Becca says:

Ooooh. Pina colada pie, Coconut butter cookies and um… Hawaiian mango sundae.

And now I’m dizzy from scrolling up and down so many times. :)

73. Tara says:

coconut butter cookies!!

74. Courtney says:

Reese’s PB Cup Cookies and Coconut Butter Cookies for sure:-)

75. nicole says:

Wow, I’m the 90th person commenting here? Well, my opinion hopefully counts too, right? :) Heeheehee :). I vote for the peanut butter cups. I’d love to make them for my boyfriend. Ok, for me too!

76. Erica says:

definitely the coconut butter cookies!

77. Eva Lynn says:

Peanut butter cups or Barley Breakfast… how do I choose just one?

78. Jennifer says:

The peanut butter cups and the polenta casserole (love polenta!)…difficult to choose even if they are so very different!

79. Sagojyou says:

I’d say the raw coconut cream pie, please! 😀

80. Moni's Meals says:

good golly! If my input even matters at this point- I say PB CUPS!

1. Girl, YOUR opinion always counts. I’m serious. I want to know what everyone wants to see, but I ESPECIALLY value the opinions of regular readers (and–even more importantly–friends, like you!).

81. Albizia says:

I vote for the polenta casserole because I need new meal ideas but I think you should post the raspberry truffles too because raspberries will soon be very hard to find.

82. Hotchoc23 says:

The casserole and the curry!

83. Maya Koplowitz says:

any dessert :)
    and you’ve gained HEAPS of weight katie! you dont need to lose weight though

1. Oh goodness, I wish. I’m still pretty much the same weight as always.

84. Sylvia says:

Can I still vote? I want to see either the pb cups or the raw pina colada pie. Love your blog, Katie!

1. You can ALWAYS still vote! If you EVER have something you want to see on my blog (i.e. not just yesterday or today), please let me know :).

85. Angela Brunner says:

Hi Katie, I am so excited for any of the recipes. I know that doesn’t help you, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing your creative mind with us! When I’m craving something and don’t know what it is, I usually can figure out what I’m in the mood for just by reading your blog!

86. Mila says:

Defo the vegan tortilla soup and the twist on Reece’s PB Cups – everything sounds amazing but those two def stick out! Yum!

87. Shelby says:

Peanut Butter Cups!

88. radioactivegan says:

tortilla soup looks delicious! and the polenta casserole … :)

89. Michelle says:

Any thing that can be made in a dorm room xD Ok, but my vote goes for the peanut butter cups!!!

1. They can be made in a dorm room!! :)
      …As long as you have a community fridge or freezer… and you trust the others on your floor! When I lived in a dorm, someone once stole my vegan cake :(.

90. Raven says:

Vegan tortilla soup! The Hawaiian mango sundae also sounds amazing. I love anything with mango in the title.

91. Melissa says:

Coconut butter cookies, polenta and COCONUT CREAM PIE!!! <3

92. kj says:

tortilla soup :) i love how your recipes are simple! and can be made by a student like me :):)

reese pb cups are my second choice. i loooove those

93. Carrie says:

tortilla soup, coconut butter cookies, and always always pb cups with a twist. thank you!! (i am a regular reader and love your writing and recipes – thanks for blogging!)

1. Thanks, Carrie! I’ll post the pb cups tomorrow. And hopefully the other two soon!

94. Leslie says:

Hi Katie – I’m voting for coconut butter cookies. I love your blog, but this is my first comment. I’m officially un-lurking. Thanks for all the great ideas!

1. Hi Leslie!

*Waves like a crazy girl*
      (Oh wait, I AM a crazy girl)

95. Amy says:

I am very interested in these:

– Hawaiian Mango Sundae
    – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups… with a twist!
    – Polenta Casserole
    – Raspberry Truffles

but I would like to see all of them eventually! :)