Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

A Post About Boobs… And Chocolate!

I give, to you, the 32C cups.

The 3 stands for “3 steps” and the 2C stands for “chocolate and coconut.” What’d you think I meant? 😉

Yes, the title might be a stretch, but when I thought of cups and then remembered it was National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I had to tie the two together with these homemade peanut butter cups or coconut butter cups.

vegan peanut butter cup

“I do remember that I was in seat 32C because that’s my bra size.”

No matter your situation, there’s an app a Friends quote for that.

32C Chocolate Cups

(or Coconut Reeses)

• cupcake or mini liners
  • nut butter of choice (peanut, cashew, coconut… or even pureed banana!)
  • your favorite chocolate
  • sweetener (if you use unsweetened chocolate)

Melt your chocolate, or make up a batch of Healthy Chocolate Sauce if you want raw nut butter cups. If you’re using unsweetened chocolate, add some liquid sweetener unless you like the bitter taste of 100% chocolate. Scoop about a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each cupcake liner, then stick the liners in the freezer for about ten minutes (to harden a little), then scoop about a tablespoon of the nut butter on top of the chocolate. Top with about another tablespoon of melted chocolate, and stick back in the fridge or freezer til hard.

Click for a Step-by-Step Photo Tutorial

homemade reeses

Now, let’s talk boobies!

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is it taboo to make the question of the day about boobs? Why should it be? After all, they’re a part of your body just like any other. And while I’m at it, can I just say: Ladies, don’t show them to every guy that comes along or reveal everything in barely-there tops. As Phoebe says, “Don’t give away the farm.” (See, I told you there’s a Friends quote for everything.) Also, learn how to do breast self-exams, even if you’re not old enough to need a mammogram yet. The self-exams are free and painless and might just help you catch something early, which could save your life. So, the question of the day:

Big or small, do you love and respect your breasts? And have you always?

Honestly, I was a little self-conscious of mine when I first went through puberty. This stemmed from the fact that I started developing in sixth grade. I can remember one of my friends telling me I shouldn’t wear a certain bikini top because “your boobs are too big.” I wear a size 30D (Edit: now a 30DD… Gain weight! Your boobs will grow!), which really just means there’s a big difference between my chest size and my bust size. In comparison to my completely-flat-chested friend, however, I might as well have been Heidi Montag! I went home and cried to my mom, who told me: “Wait a few years. I promise the girls will stop teasing and will become jealous… or they’ll grow even bigger than you.” As usual, Mom was right. Ironically enough, the teasing girl ended up with such a big chest that—last I heard—she was contemplating a reduction due to back pain. If that’s not a textbook coincidence, I don’t know what is. Of course, I wasn’t the only one to feel apprehension about her changing body. Kids can be so cruel; in middle school, some “mean girls” made a button for one of their victims, dubbing her the president of the ibtc. If you don’t know what that is, look it up. And countless girls stuffed their bras. One poor thing went so far as to use water balloons. (Yes, the inevitable did occur.)

Haven’t you ever heard the saying? “Man cannot live by chocolate alone. But woman can!” Now, if you’re a guy reading this, or if you’re just too weirded out by the fact that I’ve devoted three blog paragraphs to the subject of boobs, please feel free to ignore the question of the day and instead leave a comment about the Chocolate Cups, themselves. I’m always happy to get comments about chocolate!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Jennifer - jcd says:

I love your humour! Those 32C cups look delicious. (That sounds so odd, but hey.) We make all sorts of chocolate cups at home, bt never this combination. We’ll definitely be giving it a try. Mmmm…

I have almost always loved my chest and am happy to be small. I’m only 30A (28A for strapless), which means I went bra shopping whislt on holiday in Denmark. Why? Because anything smaller than 32A is nearly nonexistent at home. Most brands here don’t make 30 bands at all, yet alone 28. (Although, Victoria’s Secret just opened here, I’ll have to check their sizes.) Running bras work 90% of the time anyway. Haha. I love my wee breasts, and my husband does too, so that’s all that matters. Probably too much info there, sorry.

1. Don’t get your hopes up at VS. My sister (a 32C) even has a hard time finding her size there. 30s? Forget it! And yeah lol, I would probably do well in a 28, because I have the band on the smallest of the 30s. But 30s are hard enough to find! I don’t think I’ve EVER seen a 28. It’s weird, because I know a LOT of girls who are smaller sizes that the regular stores don’t carry. In fact, 32C seems to be one of the most popular sizes among my friends, yet for years and years even places like Victoria’s Secret didn’t carry it.

1. Jennifer - jcd says:

In other words, I can save myself a 30 minute drive to the craziest busiest mall and avoid VS altogether. Sounds good to me. I really didn’t want to go there. Their website isn’t very accurate either. Thanks for the advice.

It was fun filling in my customs document. What did you buy overseas: Bras. Lots and lots of bras. They probably don’t hear that too often.

1. Hahahaha oh my gosh, too funny.
          And yeah, save yourself the trip. And money.

1. Vegyogini says:

Jennifer…you should order from the Bare Necessities website if you’re able. They carry 30A and 30AA, but their 28s tend to be larger cup sizes. I get my 30Ds from them. 🙂

2. that chocolate looks SO dark and decadent. my mouth literally just started watering.. and yep, there’s the drool.

onto the recipe!!

3. Eric Jaffa says:

Lots of men have back pain.

One of the problems with a woman getting breast reduction for back pain is that she may continue to have back pain either way.

4. Caitlin says:

I am a 32-C cup! 🙂 🙂

But ugh, people always are telling me “you can’t e a 32 c. Your boobs aren’t that big.” Ugh people, don’t you think I know my own size? They don’t understand that a 32c is not that big. Like you said, it’s just a difference in bust to chest size (the two measurements you’re supposed to take to figure out your size).

So a 30-D is the same cup size as a 32-C or a 34-B or a 36-A. Um ok, not sure why I just gave everyone that lesson. Ignore me. I’m off to see about this recipe now!

1. Oh I hear you! I’ve even had the saleslady at Victoria’s Secret INSIST on measuring me. So I let her… you should’ve heard the “ummmms” and “errrrs” when she admitted that yes, in fact I DID know my own size better than the size some stranger was trying to tell me I wore. *Rolls eyes*

2. It is? Wow, I’m really learning something. I guess I don’t understand bra sizes at all!

5. Angela says:

Haha I was so confused by the recipe title! But it all makes sense now.

I’m pretty much average size, 34B, and I’m perfectly content. There was a period in high school when I thought the bigger the better and then a period during my eating disorder were I though breasts were disgusting. I like to think that my attitude towards my chest now is similar to my attitude overall – happy, healthy and finally at ease.

6. Leslie says:

I just came back from the recipe page. (By the way, I love how you’ve made a separate page with photos of the process. I’m a visual learner, so that helps tremendously.)
    These look so easy and delicious! I’m making them TODAY!

7. abby says:

omg katie, your photography is really getting stellar! or maybe it’s just that those chocolate cups would look good on a neon yellow background taken with a $5 camera ;). in any case, i want to eat that coconut butter cup right off my screen! i’ll have to make these for sure!!! love you and your crazy recipe titles. they always make me laugh :).

8. Great post Katie. I’m average I suppose: 34B — but what is average? I have no idea. I’m happy with them I suppose — I never gave them much thought to be honest!

I remember when I was younger I would wear 2-3 sports bras at a time, not that I needed to, but I was embarrassed to even have boobs — so many of my friends didn’t develop when I did, or they were much smaller than me. Finally I realized that lots of people have boobs — that I wasn’t strange for having them and I shouldn’t be embarrassed by them!

9. Albizia says:

I am somewhere between A and B cup (maybe closer to A right now…) but I don’t mind it. Do you know what I love about small boobs? I can just “forget” my bra in the wardrobe when I don’t feel like wearing it and 😀 . Nobody has ever noticed the difference.

The 32C cups… Well, they look heavenly. I like a lot of recipes on your blog but this one goes directly to my all-time favorites. Very simple and delicious -> I must make some.

10. Melissa says:

I went from a 38C to a 34/32 barely A when I lost my 50+ lbs this last year.
    I miss my boobs! *sob* But yeah, I look proportionate with the smaller girls. Still… I miss having cleavage! I mean, honestly, body. Leave the belly flub and take the boobs? That’s just cruel!

1. Anonymous says:

lol, sooo true!

11. Yin says:

I’ve never paid much attention to boobs, and even when my (guy) friends make fun of me or question if I want to enlarge them, I give an honest reply. Their comments don’t affect me because they’re my boobs and if it makes me happy, who cares what others think.

1. Boys are strange. Why on earth would they rather girls have fakey plastic boobs than real, small ones?? 😕

1. martha lilian says:

Some of us girls *would* rather have fakey plastic boobs, believe it or not. And I think it is completely okay to want that and to make a choice that is right for you.

My chest is completely out of proportion with my lower half. I have hips, I have a butt and I can’t even fill out an A cup bra. I’ve spent my whole life starving myself to shrink my curves and being miserable because of it.

Next week I’ll be getting implants and I couldn’t be happier!

1. After reading your comment, I realized I owe you–and others with implants–a big apology. My comment was out of line. Just because I wouldn’t get implants doesn’t mean it’s wrong for someone else to do it if it makes her happy. And it IS just another way of changing your appearance: I wear makeup, which alters my natural appearance… is that really any different?
          Sorry again, for my rudeness. And thanks for being brave enough to set me straight.

12. Christina says:

Katie, I LOVED this post!! You are too funny!

And though I love and respect my boobies, I must admit that I get mad at them whenever I see the really cute bras at department stores (you know, plaid and polka dot and whatnot) that only come in cup sizes A, B, and C. It drives me SOOOO nuts that they don’t sell them in D-cups! I mean, am I being punished for naturally having boobs that are bigger than a C-cup? Why should I always have to go to Victoria’s Secret and pay $70 for a *really* cute bra?? Not fair!

Clearly, men are calling the shots here 😛 (Seriously though, if anyone who reads this has some pull with Hanes or Bali or Playtex or whatever…manufacture cute D-cup bras!!! Those of us who wear them will buy them, I promise!!)

All that aside…I spent last week in DC with a friend (a guy) who LOVES chocolate – dark chocolate! I knew beforehand and took a bar of 72% Lindt – I should have gotten the 86% as well because the bar I took practically vanished. One night he even said, “I’m like a girl when it comes to chocolate, I have to have loads around,” and then he pulled out an entire box (the kind you ship stuff in!) of Godiva chocolate and rummaged through deciding which to eat.

I will admit that I was super happy (and a bit smitten, perhaps…?) that he understands the I-need-chocolate thing. But don’t worry, I was NOT so smitten that I showed him my boobies. 😉

1. Ah, but men call the shots in EVERYthing that has to do with fashion. I mean, stilettos? Come on, that CAN’T be a woman’s invention! 😉

1. KMargaritaT says:

I feel your pain on having to shell out the bucks for your bras! It sux when you HAVE to, not because you WANT to!!!

13. Donna says:

Love your sense of humor – you brightened my day!

14. VEGirl says:

Abby is right, those are stellar photos (no flash! ;))! I don’t really know what size I am… LOL I only have one bra because I thinks it’s so embarrassing to shop for them! I was pretty happy with my boobs then I started to restrict eating for a long time (because I wasn’t very happy with the rest of my body). They shrunk and I just remember that one day, a bra that used to fit snugly was really loose. Ugh. BUT now that I’m eating well again, it seems like everything is moving along 🙂

Hope that wasn’t TMI. Let me know if it was a:\

1. VEGirl says:

Oh, I was talking about boobs so much I forgot to say that OH MY GOSH I AM SO MAKING NUT BUTTER CUPS ASAP. they good enough to eat 😉

15. Loved this post 🙂 And those 32C cups looks SO YUMMY!

Dude, I wear a 30 DD! I know how you feel. I can NEVER find a bra! Not that I’m complaining about the actual size, I’m quite happy with them 😉 but I wish I could find a bra in my size! I only own 2 bras and one isn’t even the right size!

1. And the annoying people at the stores always say, “Well you can wear a 34B. It’s the same thing.” Um no, no it’s not!
      Glad to know I’m not alone!

2. Vegyogini says:

Janna…I feel like I’m the Bare Necessities spokesperson here, but seriously go to their website! I get my 30Ds there and they definitely have 30DD. You’ll be in bra heaven!

16. a blogging friend says:

Katie, one of the reasons I love your blog and read it regularly (besides the healthy recipes, of course!) is that I admire your ability to be so outspoken and brave. For example, this post. I love this post, but I would never have had the courage to publish something like it, on my own blog, especially if I had the amount of readers you have. By the way, I was just wondering, do you know how many people read your blog every day? You don’t have to answer. I was just curious! I was also wondering if you ever feel nervous or scared to put yourself out there like you do? To give you some background, I’m a huge wimp when it comes to publicly airing my views on something. Class presentations are the bane of my existence!

17. Meagan says:

So I just went into my kitchen to make these. I put some chocolate in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave for 2 minutes. About 1 minute into the process my microwave started smoking and I opened the door to find a big bowl of charcoals! Clearly I have no baking experience…. =)

1. Oh no Meagan! That happened to me the first time I tried to melt chocolate. (It was for my first-ever batch of Fudge Babies, actually!) You have to be very careful with melting chocolate. Melt for like 30 seconds, then stir and melt 10 seconds, stir, melt 10 more seconds, stir… it’s very temperamental!
      Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone!

1. Meagan says:

I went back and re-tried and they worked out perfectly the 2nd time. I used almond butter and they were delicious!

18. mckella says:

I used to wish for bigger boobs, but now I love them the way they are because they stay out of my way, and I can get away with camisoles if I’m too lazy to wear a bra. I do regular self-exams though, because my grandma died of breast cancer, so that probably puts me at higher risk. If I ever did get cancer though, I’m getting one of those “of course they’re fake; the real ones tried to kill me!” shirts because they’re awesome.

19. Vegyogini says:

I have a lot of thoughts on this, but I emailed you to keep it between us! Thank you for writing this awesome post to build awareness. xoxo

1. Just checking: did you send the email to I didn’t get it. Maybe my spam filter ate it? I hate my spam filter :(.

1. Vegyogini says:

Shoot, I sent it elsewhere to the veggieprincess one, I think. I will resend!

1. Got this one!! I’ll email you soon 🙂 :).

20. I’m part of the itty-bitty titty committee! And I’m proud of it. I wear a 32AA … yep, that’s the size worn by most pre-pubescent girls. And I wouldn’t want boobs at all! Mine never jiggle. I can sleep on my tummy with no problems, and I can wear XS shirts. The only catch with tiny boobs is that you can never gain tummy weight because then you’ll look preggo. Eeek!

1. RaeRae says:

Haha, I know what you mean.
      Mine are about the smallest I can find at the store. Tiny boobs make for a less hourglass-like appearance, I guess. 😛