Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Fudge Babies for $100

[Insert Jeopardy theme song here]

Remember the Last Chance Bake Sale? I offered fudge babies to help raise money for charity. Well, I’m thrilled to say that the batch of fudge babies brought in $100! The pressure was certainly on to create a batch of extra-special babies for the winning bidder.

She requested two kinds of babies (fraternal twins!).

First up, Chocolate Peanut Butter Babies

I have pretty children, no?

And then, the famous Hot Chocolate Fudge Babies

Goodbye babies; I hope you like your new home!

1. Aww, they look lovely! I am a mommy to one “real” two year old little boy. :)

2. Love the fudge babies. 😀 I’ve made lots of them but I think my favourite is a tie between Hot Chocolate Babies and the Cookie Dough Babies!

3. They look so good, Katie! $100???? That’s amazing!

My family has been Loving larabars lately, so I decided to make a batch of the fudge babies (choco-peanut style) They LOVED them!

4. Jennifer - jcd says:

Oh wow, $100 fudge babies. Whoever won them surely deserves them for being so generous! Yay.

My name is Jennifer and I have a fudge baby addiction… we make at least one batch per week. Peanut butter cup babies are my favourite, and the original fudge babies are my husband’s favourite. Mmmm…

As for real kids, none for us. We have two cats (fur-kids?) and I volunteer countless hours with Girl Guides of Canada and all the wonderful kids there.

1. I think fur kids count! My puppies are waaaay high-maintenance. If we don’t watch her, Molly will eat whatever’s in the yard and then throw it up at 3AM :(.

5. Cindy says:

awww, good for you and your fudge babies!
    I’ve made them…they are amazing and easy.

Love your creativity and when you’re ready you’ll love being a mom.

I have 2. One’s a teenager (oh boy) and one’s a toddler (double oye)

I’m busy!
    Happy Tuesday

6. abby says:

of COURSE you have beautiful babies, katie! you’re a beautiful mommy :).
    i love that first photo. you look radiant :).
    maybe because you’re around chocolate?
    as for me, at first i was resistant to try the babies, but when i finally did, i was sooooooooo glad! now i make them all the time. i’m excited for christmas when i’ll be trying your gingerbread babies for the first time :).
    happy tuesday, katie!

1. Abby, you are ALWAYS so sweet!! :) :)
      I’m excited to make Gingerbread babies too… but I don’t think I’ll wait til Christmas ;).

7. I’m not a mommy yet (not complaining!!) but I sure hope to be one day :)

Peanut butter and hot chocolate fudge babies sound like winners to me!!

8. radioactivegan says:

Wow! Congratulations and what a great contribution!

I love love love fudge babies. As for real babies … I am the proud momma of the most beautiful cat in the world! I am very much content being a favorite aunt for babies of the human variety. Luckily, I’m a shoe-in for that honor, since I’m their only aunt 😉

9. Melissa says:

I love fudge babies!

As for human babies, I’m a childfree and sterilized. :)
    I am mum to two spoiled cats and (currently) 6 spoiled rats.
    I’m a stellar catmum and ratmum but don’t have the patience or maternal instincts towards human babies/kids. 30 years old and nary a tick on the old biological clock.

10. Kiersten says:

I am the proud Mommy of my 3 little furry children. That counts, right?! Your fudge babies look super yummy, I need to make those again soon.

1. I would definitely say it counts! Like I said to JCD (a commenter above), my puppies can be more work than babies sometimes!

11. Leslie says:

I looooove fudge babies!!!! I’m eating some as I type this! 😉

12. Molly says:

I made your original fudge babies for a staff party and they were a hit! Best thing was they only took 10 minutes to make :)

13. Mary says:

I love the fudge babies! I am obsessed! Real babies? Not so much… but that may change someday ;).

14. Lisa says:

I’ve never made the fudge babies, but they’ve been on my to-do list forever.
    Lovely photos, Katie, both of you and the babies :).
    I have three pup-kids. For now, that’s more than enough!

15. I hope to one day be a mommy to real kids! And I’m nervous to be a parent of fudge babies — I’d eat them all so quickly.

$100 is great!

16. Now that I’ve tasted the fudge babies, I can vouch for them not only looking delicious but also tasting AMAZING.

Thanks for making them, Katie. I’m definitely going to take a stab at whipping up my own batch at home. Wish me luck. :)

17. Nichole says:

Those babies are beautiful enough to eat! hahaha I have been a mommy to some fudge babies myself but want to be a real mom someday – just not yet! There are a few new babies in my family that I adore to spend time with but they can also go home when I need a break :)

18. Valerie says:

Hmmm, I’m wondering about that last “related post.” LOL

I love my babies, both fudge and human :).

19. Sarahishealthy says:

I love fudge babies! They’ve saved me so much $ now that I don’t have to shell out so much money for more expensive Larabars, although I’ll still buy the Larabars when I need to save time.
    And who doesn’t love the cute, smaller size? :) :)

20. my hubs and i opted out of having children of our own. needless to say this made some people very angry but let’s face it, not every woman is meant to be a mama! i just straight up didn’t want the experience or the kid!

21. eatandrun says:

I want to be a mama right NOW… of fudge babies, that is ;).

22. Faith says:

Oh lordy. I’m a teacher now, and I’ve worked with almost every age group…I LOVE older kids but working with the two year olds that I have now has almost scared me off of children permanently! I mean, I have a hard enough time not pulling my hair out during the 9 hours I’m with them…at least I get to send them home! I’m not entirely sure if I can handle kids of my own. I’d really love a little boy (I think), but I’d be ultra happy if I could get one pre-cooked! (And yes, that’s actually a term I’ve said, lol). I’m thinking maybe adoption or foster parenting is the way for me to go?

1. I think adopting is without a doubt one of the kindest things anyone could do in this world. I mean, it’s saving a LIFE! You can’t get more noble than that.
      I definitely will think about adoption… but not now. LOL now I don’t want to think about babies at all! 😉

23. VEGirl says:

Ohh yummy babies– eerr, you know what I mean. The only babies I have a edible and fury :)

I can’t wait to try making pb chocolate babies– the other day I bought some peanuts and restocked on dates. YIPPEE!

24. One day, you will be an awesome mom!! When I was your age kids were NOT on my radar screen. AT ALL. Then about age 28 bam bam clock ticked loudly. Had to have a baby…like yesterday :) And motherhood is amazing. But not til you’re ready for it b/c let’s face it, fudge babies sit nicely on the countertop and wait for you whereas real babies, well, lil different :)

Your babies are beautiful, congrats to the winners!

25. Those are definitely my kinda babies. I learned this weekend, after spending 6 hours in a car with Stephanie’s (Poopie Bitch) new baby, that babies are such a life-suck. She spent the whole ride either breastfeeding and having to be quiet so the baby wouldn’t wake up and want to breast feed again. And the worst part? She can’t even drink much alcohol until she’s done breast feeding and she’s avoiding caffeine. Maybe I’m just selfish, but that sounds like my version of hell (breastfeeding, no beer, no coffee). I’ll stick with puppies and kittens and fudge babies, thank you very much.

26. Leslie says:

I made fudge babies with ground coffee and rolled in extra cocoa powder. They are so good! I’m almost out, so I need to get baby-making!

1. Mmmmm I love adding coffee powder… but I have to force myself not to eat the coffee ones at night (or use decaf powder, but right now I don’t have any). Between the coffee and the cocoa, it’s not so good for sleeping lol.

27. I love babies, fudge and otherwise! None of my own but with my gorgeous nephew, my stunning two-month-old god daughter (and a horse), I don’t think I’d have time for any more (non-chocolate) ones in my life!
    What a lovely person to give that much; I’m sure he or she will enjoy the (fudge) babies much more (if that’s possible :-) ) because of it.

28. Shelby says:

I’m so ashamed to admit that I haven’t made any fudge babies! I’ll have to get on that ASAP!

29. Moni'sMeals says:

confession: I still have not tried any “Babies.” I know, what is the deal, right!?
    Don’t worry I am on it!

1. Hahahaha you crack me up, silly girl :).
      Go make babies! With your good genes, they’re bound to turn out prettily (if that’s a word).

30. Wow! $100!? Holy cow! Good for you!

31. Stefanie says:

That is awesome that your fudge babies helped raise money for a good cause. The winner ended up with their money worth of goodness. :)

32. BroccoliHut says:

Not a Mama yet either…I consider my dogs my fur-children:)

33. Awesome that your babies sold so well! Congrats!

I have two babies :) Both girls!

34. Pol says:

I must say those look amazingly scrumptious. The chocolate peanut butter ones look darker and more chocolate-y. Are they?

1. They DO look darker. But I think they both taste just as chocolatey.

35. Kelsey says:

darn right they brought in 100$
    thats AWESOME NEWS! theyre taking over the world <3

36. Katie are you going to foodbuzz fest by chance?

1. No :(. Are you? San Fran, right? I would love to go! Darn you, school!

1. Well its only an hour away and I have a reserved spot, so I can! I just dont want to go if I dont know very many people there! I would feel so awkward! I cant decidee