Fudge Babies for $100

[Insert Jeopardy theme song here]

Remember the Last Chance Bake Sale? I offered fudge babies to help raise money for charity. Well, I’m thrilled to say that the batch of fudge babies brought in $100! The pressure was certainly on to create a batch of extra-special babies for the winning bidder.

She requested two kinds of babies (fraternal twins!).

pbbabiesyum

pbbabiesyum1

First up, Chocolate Peanut Butter Babies

I have pretty children, no?

pbbabiesnot

pbbabiesnot2

And then, the famous Hot Chocolate Fudge Babies

Goodbye babies; I hope you like your new home!

Tags:

1. Aww, they look lovely! I am a mommy to one “real” two year old little boy. 🙂

2. Jennifer - jcd says:

Oh wow, $100 fudge babies. Whoever won them surely deserves them for being so generous! Yay.

My name is Jennifer and I have a fudge baby addiction… we make at least one batch per week. Peanut butter cup babies are my favourite, and the original fudge babies are my husband’s favourite. Mmmm…

As for real kids, none for us. We have two cats (fur-kids?) and I volunteer countless hours with Girl Guides of Canada and all the wonderful kids there.

1. I think fur kids count! My puppies are waaaay high-maintenance. If we don’t watch her, Molly will eat whatever’s in the yard and then throw it up at 3AM :(.

3. abby says:

of COURSE you have beautiful babies, katie! you’re a beautiful mommy :).
    i love that first photo. you look radiant :).
    maybe because you’re around chocolate?
    as for me, at first i was resistant to try the babies, but when i finally did, i was sooooooooo glad! now i make them all the time. i’m excited for christmas when i’ll be trying your gingerbread babies for the first time :).
    happy tuesday, katie!

1. Abby, you are ALWAYS so sweet!! 🙂 🙂
      I’m excited to make Gingerbread babies too… but I don’t think I’ll wait til Christmas ;).

4. I’m not a mommy yet (not complaining!!) but I sure hope to be one day 🙂

Peanut butter and hot chocolate fudge babies sound like winners to me!!

5. radioactivegan says:

Wow! Congratulations and what a great contribution!

I love love love fudge babies. As for real babies … I am the proud momma of the most beautiful cat in the world! I am very much content being a favorite aunt for babies of the human variety. Luckily, I’m a shoe-in for that honor, since I’m their only aunt 😉

6. Melissa says:

I love fudge babies!

As for human babies, I’m a childfree and sterilized. 🙂
    I am mum to two spoiled cats and (currently) 6 spoiled rats.
    I’m a stellar catmum and ratmum but don’t have the patience or maternal instincts towards human babies/kids. 30 years old and nary a tick on the old biological clock.

7. Leslie says:

I looooove fudge babies!!!! I’m eating some as I type this! 😉

8. Molly says:

I made your original fudge babies for a staff party and they were a hit! Best thing was they only took 10 minutes to make 🙂

9. Mary says:

I love the fudge babies! I am obsessed! Real babies? Not so much… but that may change someday ;).

10. Lisa says:

I’ve never made the fudge babies, but they’ve been on my to-do list forever.
    Lovely photos, Katie, both of you and the babies :).
    I have three pup-kids. For now, that’s more than enough!

11. I hope to one day be a mommy to real kids! And I’m nervous to be a parent of fudge babies — I’d eat them all so quickly.

$100 is great!

12. Nichole says:

Those babies are beautiful enough to eat! hahaha I have been a mommy to some fudge babies myself but want to be a real mom someday – just not yet! There are a few new babies in my family that I adore to spend time with but they can also go home when I need a break 🙂

13. Valerie says:

Hmmm, I’m wondering about that last “related post.” LOL

I love my babies, both fudge and human :).

14. Sarahishealthy says:

I love fudge babies! They’ve saved me so much $ now that I don’t have to shell out so much money for more expensive Larabars, although I’ll still buy the Larabars when I need to save time.
    And who doesn’t love the cute, smaller size? 🙂 🙂

15. eatandrun says:

I want to be a mama right NOW… of fudge babies, that is ;).

16. Faith says:

Oh lordy. I’m a teacher now, and I’ve worked with almost every age group…I LOVE older kids but working with the two year olds that I have now has almost scared me off of children permanently! I mean, I have a hard enough time not pulling my hair out during the 9 hours I’m with them…at least I get to send them home! I’m not entirely sure if I can handle kids of my own. I’d really love a little boy (I think), but I’d be ultra happy if I could get one pre-cooked! (And yes, that’s actually a term I’ve said, lol). I’m thinking maybe adoption or foster parenting is the way for me to go?

1. I think adopting is without a doubt one of the kindest things anyone could do in this world. I mean, it’s saving a LIFE! You can’t get more noble than that.
      I definitely will think about adoption… but not now. LOL now I don’t want to think about babies at all! 😉

17. VEGirl says:

Ohh yummy babies– eerr, you know what I mean. The only babies I have a edible and fury 🙂

I can’t wait to try making pb chocolate babies– the other day I bought some peanuts and restocked on dates. YIPPEE!

VEGirl

18. Little Bookworm says:

Love the fudge babies. 😀 I’ve made lots of them but I think my favourite is a tie between Hot Chocolate Babies and the Cookie Dough Babies!

19. spoonfulofsugarfree says:

They look so good, Katie! $100???? That’s amazing!

My family has been Loving larabars lately, so I decided to make a batch of the fudge babies (choco-peanut style) They LOVED them!

20. Cindy says:

awww, good for you and your fudge babies!
    I’ve made them…they are amazing and easy.

Love your creativity and when you’re ready you’ll love being a mom.

I have 2. One’s a teenager (oh boy) and one’s a toddler (double oye)

I’m busy!