Big Changes for my Blog

I’ll talk more about this in the coming week. Meanwhile, so I’d still be able to have a voice if things get wacky, I did something I swore I’d never do…

tw

Yup. I’ve sold out and am now on Twitter: Follow me!

Changes have come to my appetite too. I finally craved a salad again. It probably has to do with the fact that we were treated to an unseasonably warm week. So, with temperatures going (edit: gone) back down, I quickly took advantage of what’ll most likely be a fleeting salad craving:

saladday

I love how the oil-and-garlic sauce from the peppers makes the toast all soggy.

Soggy, garlicy toast = love.

boatcake1

Tomorrow: a new Boatmeal Cake idea.

Happy Saturday!

1. I can’t wait to hear/see more about the changes you’re making! Sounds exciting!
    When I saw moccasin shoes for the first time, I swore I’d never wear them, I thought they we’re the ugliest things! But this summer, I bought a really cute pair and have worn them almost everyday since :)

1. LOL that’s how I was with the ugg trend. But then, when I saw pink vegan uggs… Had to eat my words ;).

2. eatandrun says:

So excited to see what changes you’re up to!

3. Camille says:

I swore that I would never be one of those people who doesn’t stay “on plan”. Now a few years later I am on the “rest of my life” college plan. But hey, it’s still a plan!

4. abby says:

i’m with eatandrun. i really am excited/curious/excited some more to see what you have in store for your blog :). happy saturday, katie!

5. ecogrrl says:

ha! i swore i’d never give in and watch the notebook. crap. i own it now. sigh….

6. VEGirl says:

I’m pretty sure I said I would never get facebook. In my defense, my friends made me do it (lame, I know!). One thing right now that I will never do is twitter. We’ll see how long that lasts :)
    VEGirl

7. Valerie says:

I SWORE I would never have kids and be a stay-at-home mom. Never. But you know what? I still like to think I have feminist ideals. I just happen to have three lovely little kids to share them with now :).

8. I never thought I’d join twitter, either but I had to jump on the tweeting boat. I’ll follow you! :)

9. Carbzilla says:

I swore I’d never do Twitter and now I’m addicted! I love how fast paced it is. Makes Facebook seem so boring. Twitter saved me at FoodBuzz Fest. Can’t wait to catch your Tweets!

10. It’s about time girly! I didn’t think I would join twitter either but caved in. I’m still not the best when updating it.

11. So weird that you posted this! I j u s t did a post about how I swore I would NEVER join a sorority and…. I just did.

12. Kate says:

Looking forward to the changes. But more than that, I’m excited for the boatmeal recipe. I made your original pumpkin one yesterday for breakfast and I loved it!!! :)

13. I swore I’d never eat half the veggies I have in the past week!

Good luck with the tweeting… I still don’t get it. :(

14. Iris says:

I swore I’d never use twitter either. Boy was I wrong. :) It’s really a great way to connect with other bloggers at the time you have a question/thought, etc.

15. Little Bookworm says:

Love the twitter name. Excited to hear about the big changes! :)

16. Aly says:

I’ve done so many things that I swore I’d never do! Like quit horseback riding, love to run, be a vegan (in my younger days I was the complete opposite of what I am now! Crazy!), like T-Swift, listen to mainstream music (on occasion), eat dessert after every meal.. 😀 Etc. I’m not too exciting when it comes to spontaneous life decisions, but I still have not joined the Twitter crazeee. I still don’t know what it’s about… :/ Hahaha. But I’m sure that’s to come too… Yikes!!
    Also, I had a dream that I met you and we had dinner together. It was completely random! Hahaha. I just thought I’d share that with you!! Ahahahah. I found it pretty funny!
    Aly 😀

1. Ohmigosh Ali, too funny! I think I’ve had a few dreams where bloggers have shown up, but I can’t remember off the top of my head who they were. Don’t you hate that when you have a dream and you can’t remember it? Ugh lol.
      Anyways, I hope I was eating chocolate in the dream :).

1. Aly says:

I think chocolate came up somewhere along the way. (All dreams should consist of chocolate, Duh! 😉 ) But yes, I do hate when I can’t remember dreams, yet it was so clear when I was in the dream. But, I love dreams!! 😀

1. Oh thank goodness. Chocolate is a must for a dream to be a dream. Otherwise… nightmare!

17. spoonfulofsugarfree says:

I swore I’d never get a facebook….but know I do! I also swore I’d never be homeschooled….but I was (and LOVED it!) I swore I’d never watch The Office….and now it is on of my favorite shows! I should stop swearing!!! 😉

1. I always thought it would be so cool to be homeschooled! You could go to school in your pjs! Then I discovered that, in college, you can do that anyway :).

18. theflourishingfoodie says:

Can’t wait to hear more about the changes on your blog! I”ll subscribe by email just in case something goes wrong….and because I should have subscribed a long time ago anyway :)
    Those peppers looks so good!

19. bloomingbuzz says:

hey katie! i have a quick question…I’m at college, and love roasted veggies. I used to eat them all the time at home! I was wondering how long they are good to keep refrigerated? I tend to get extra servings at the cafeteria then keep them for a day or two before tossing them…how long do you have em around? Just curious! thanks!

1. Hmmm… they never last that long with me, so I’m not really sure. But I think you’re good for at least 4-5 days :).

1. bloomingbuzz says:

okay, thank you so much!

20. I look forward to hearing about your new changes! I like change… it keeps things exciting.