Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Vacation in Raw Chocolate Land

From What About Bob:

Dr. Catherine Tomsky: Take a vacation.

Dr. Leo Marvin: I’M ON VACATION!

Vacation!

A whole week of not writing essays, not rushing from class to class, and not opening a textbook. On Friday, I celebrated as soon as I got home:

chocmelties

Raw Chocolate Melties

I’m grateful for all the variation ideas people have shared in the comments, from Angela’s maple melties to Ann Claire’s Strawberry Melties, to Albizia’s Molasses Melties. Then there’s my newest-favorite meltie variation: Cinnabon Melties.

Along with my melties, I ate some whipped cream:

wcream

Healthy Vegan Cream

After snapping the photo, I added a bunch of Pom seeds to the bowl of cream. (By the way, do you know how hard it is to pour with one hand and take a non-blurry photo with the other?!)

1. Those chocolate melties look divine.

2. The raw chocolate melties look absolutely amazing Katie! 😀 Hope you have a great Sunday!

3. Tangy says:

I want to buy coconut butter for the sole purpose of making chocolate melties, lol. They look so good!

4. Lisa C. says:

Best vacation I’ve ever taken was to Florida when I was a kid. We would go every year for spring break, and when you’re a kid there’s nothing more fun than playing in the sand, jumping in the waves, and NOT having to go to school :).

5. Sarahishealthy says:

I’m going to have to find out about these pumpkin melties! Off to click! :)

6. Jennifer - jcd says:

You certainly have reason to celebrate!

I’ve been on a lot of incredible holidays, but my honeymoon was particularly special. We took a cruise from Vancouver to the islands of Hawai’i. We went surfing, snorkelling with sea turtles, went on a hike on an active volcano, and sea kayaking. Wonderful!

1. I have a dream of living in Hawaii. It’s so gorgeous, plus it’s warm! :)

7. hippierunner says:

Best vacation has always been going spending a week in the Sierra Mountains appreciating nature with my family!

8. abby says:

raw chocolate land. wouldn’t that be nice if such a place really existed? i think hershey park probably comes close. too bad it’s not vegan though.

9. Frances says:

sometimes, much as i love my job, i wish i could take a week from working. too bad :(

also….magic bullet giveaway! very cool.

10. ecogrrl says:

ahh best vacation was a tie between paris when i was 25 and zihuatanejo, mexico, last year. however i’m setting the bar higher as i leave for england & scotland on thursday :))))

11. Emily says:

Hey Katie, I finally hugged a vegan food. I sent you an email :). Love your blog!

12. Faith says:

The most amazing vacation I’ve ever taken was going up to DC (and then taking a spur of the moment trip to New York!!!) for a work conference – i.e. on my company’s budget!!!

1. Leslie says:

My favorite vacation involved New York too! It’s just such an amazing place :).
      Spur of the moment trips are the best!

13. Leslie says:

I love What about Bob!!! Just had to tell you that :).

14. Camille says:

I was actually just looking at photos this morning of my vacation with my Dad to Ireland and Scotland. I started getting a little teary eyed because I miss it so much. It was the greatest 2 weeks ever :)

1. My Scottish Terrier wants to go to Scotland… she’s never been out of America, though ;).

15. ytotheummy says:

I love visiting my family in Spain :) And this past summer, we drove to Canada, which was also super fun !

1. Ooh you’re so lucky to have family in Spain. I’d love to have family to practice my Spanish with… but they’re all Italian!

16. Amen for vacations!!!! 😀 And the best part? We only have a week or so of classes before Christmas break!! 😀 Well, if you have about the same schedule anyway.

My best vacation was the marching band trip my Freshman year of high school. It was 2 weeks of busing all over the New England states with 100 of my best friends! :)

17. Albizia says:

Chocolate + coconut butter = magic.

My roommate just saw the picture and said she would never put this in her mouth but she just doesn’t know what she’s missing. This combination is really amazing and I am happy I finally bought coconut butter. Thanks for mentioning my variation although I made only a sample. Next time I will make a decent batch :) .

I can’t say which was the best vacation ever but I remember a lot of great family vacations from the time when I was a kid. We used to go hiking in the mountains in the summer and the 5-year-old me was really impressed by the beautiful nature and the taste of wild raspberries 😛 .

1. LOL yeah someone told me coconut buttered pancakes looked gross. Oh how much they’re missing! 😕

18. I made a batch of cheesy vegan kale chips yesterday and thought of you- next I’m thinking chocolate covered kale chips 😉 It could work, right?
    As for my best vacation… I’m hoping that is yet to come. The husband and I are planning a trip to Belize or Costa Rica this winter. I cant wait!

1. Oooo I think you might have something there!! Wait, but seriously, why not? I mean, people drink green smoothies…
      It might be good! lol

19. gahh so hard to choose my best vacation ever. it’s a toss up between hawaii, new zealand and paris. life changing!

20. “By the way, do you know how hard it is to pour with one hand and take a non-blurry photo with the other”–

YES b/c I have tried it many times (unsuccessfully…LOL)

Best Vacay ever? I’d say last year over the holidays in Aruba b/c Skylar could walk, talk, and build sandcastles with me :)

And this year…hope to be the best one yet! We leave..very soon!

21. I feel so honored to be on your list of melties :)
    can’t wait to try out those other variations!
    ~Ann Claire

22. Fi says:

Disney land, love it! Just like I love honeycomb melties :)

23. ashmastandrea says:

When I was 18, my parents took me to St. Lucia. It was amazing! A cool French-island culture, beautiful scenery and great food! :)

I’m going to have to make these meltie goodies soon!

24. Favorite vacation so far was Turkey – by far!

25. Yum yum yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks soooooo good!!!! I actually needed some snack ideas, now I don’t any longer!

26. kathleen says:

a weekend trip during a snow storm to a bed & breakfast in the cutest little town in VT

27. Namaste Gurl says:

Oh, you got me WAY obsessed with those melties– particularly the coconut ones :) Love em’!

I wish I had all next week off. Unfortunately, my college only gets thursday and friday off– bummer, huh?

28. Claire says:

Best holidat I’ve ever had would be either a trip back home to Scotland 3 years ago or the trip to Utah to ski for two weeks over Christmas on our way to moving to Australia. The snow was spectacular making it high on the list of holidays, but on the other hand it was fantastic going back home for a bit. Gah I can’t chose, I’ve loved every minute spent in Franch and Spain as well as Vietnam. (Like you I’ve lived all over :P) How about you, what’s been your favourite holiday or place to live?

1. Ooh definitely Italy! Wait, maybe Thailand. Or maybe the cruise I went on… yikes, I didn’t realize how hard this question was to answer! 😉

29. Best vacation:
    Cuba on my honeymoon!
    Cuba is a stellar place to visit…the culture, scenery and people are so beautiful.

Coming in a close second; my trip to Thailand last spring.

30. Katie,
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and yes, it is rather difficult to pour while trying to snap a non-blurry photo. Been there. :)

31. Vacation and chocolate = BLISS!!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation and Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Michelle

32. Carlye Katz says:

Hi, Katie!

By far, my most amazing vacation was my honeymoon in Bora Bora a little over 3 years ago. It really is as beautiful and magical as it looks in pictures. I recommend it…even if you stay in a tent on the beach it will be the most amazing experience (if you’re into lush green mountains and water that changes from the deepest sapphire blue to the clearest aqua, that is).

These melties look wonderful; I will try my hand at making some soon!

Carlye

33. Carlye Katz says:

Hi, Katie

(I just submitted my comment but apparently it didn’t take, so I’m sorry if this ends up being a duplicate response)

My ultimate vacation was my honeymoon to Bora Bora a little over three years ago…hands down…the beauty of the lush mountain and the clear water (that changes color from the deepest sapphire blue to the brightest aqua) is overwhelming. I don’t think I’ll ever visit another place that quite compares. Something about Bora Bora speaks to your soul; it’s hard to explain. I left a piece of my heart there.

Your melties look so tasty! I can’t wait to try my hand at them very soon.

Carlye