Vacation in Raw Chocolate Land

From What About Bob:

Dr. Catherine Tomsky: Take a vacation.

Dr. Leo Marvin: I’M ON VACATION!

Vacation!

A whole week of not writing essays, not rushing from class to class, and not opening a textbook. On Friday, I celebrated as soon as I got home:

chocmelties

Raw Chocolate Melties

I’m grateful for all the variation ideas people have shared in the comments, from Angela’s maple melties to Ann Claire’s Strawberry Melties, to Albizia’s Molasses Melties. Then there’s my newest-favorite meltie variation: Cinnabon Melties.

Along with my melties, I ate some whipped cream:

wcream

Healthy Vegan Cream

After snapping the photo, I added a bunch of Pom seeds to the bowl of cream. (By the way, do you know how hard it is to pour with one hand and take a non-blurry photo with the other?!)

1. Tangy says:

I want to buy coconut butter for the sole purpose of making chocolate melties, lol. They look so good!

2. Lisa C. says:

Best vacation I’ve ever taken was to Florida when I was a kid. We would go every year for spring break, and when you’re a kid there’s nothing more fun than playing in the sand, jumping in the waves, and NOT having to go to school :).

3. Sarahishealthy says:

I’m going to have to find out about these pumpkin melties! Off to click! 🙂

4. Jennifer - jcd says:

You certainly have reason to celebrate!

I’ve been on a lot of incredible holidays, but my honeymoon was particularly special. We took a cruise from Vancouver to the islands of Hawai’i. We went surfing, snorkelling with sea turtles, went on a hike on an active volcano, and sea kayaking. Wonderful!

1. I have a dream of living in Hawaii. It’s so gorgeous, plus it’s warm! 🙂

5. hippierunner says:

Best vacation has always been going spending a week in the Sierra Mountains appreciating nature with my family!

6. abby says:

raw chocolate land. wouldn’t that be nice if such a place really existed? i think hershey park probably comes close. too bad it’s not vegan though.

7. Frances says:

sometimes, much as i love my job, i wish i could take a week from working. too bad 🙁

also….magic bullet giveaway! very cool.

8. ecogrrl says:

ahh best vacation was a tie between paris when i was 25 and zihuatanejo, mexico, last year. however i’m setting the bar higher as i leave for england & scotland on thursday :))))

9. Emily says:

Hey Katie, I finally hugged a vegan food. I sent you an email :). Love your blog!

10. Faith says:

The most amazing vacation I’ve ever taken was going up to DC (and then taking a spur of the moment trip to New York!!!) for a work conference – i.e. on my company’s budget!!!

1. Leslie says:

My favorite vacation involved New York too! It’s just such an amazing place :).
      Spur of the moment trips are the best!

11. Leslie says:

I love What about Bob!!! Just had to tell you that :).

12. Camille says:

I was actually just looking at photos this morning of my vacation with my Dad to Ireland and Scotland. I started getting a little teary eyed because I miss it so much. It was the greatest 2 weeks ever 🙂

1. My Scottish Terrier wants to go to Scotland… she’s never been out of America, though ;).

13. Krystina (Basil & Wine) says:

Those chocolate melties look divine.

14. Albizia says:

Chocolate + coconut butter = magic.

My roommate just saw the picture and said she would never put this in her mouth but she just doesn’t know what she’s missing. This combination is really amazing and I am happy I finally bought coconut butter. Thanks for mentioning my variation although I made only a sample. Next time I will make a decent batch 🙂 .

I can’t say which was the best vacation ever but I remember a lot of great family vacations from the time when I was a kid. We used to go hiking in the mountains in the summer and the 5-year-old me was really impressed by the beautiful nature and the taste of wild raspberries 😛 .

1. LOL yeah someone told me coconut buttered pancakes looked gross. Oh how much they’re missing! 😕

15. Little Bookworm says:

The raw chocolate melties look absolutely amazing Katie! 😀 Hope you have a great Sunday!

16. I made a batch of cheesy vegan kale chips yesterday and thought of you- next I’m thinking chocolate covered kale chips 😉 It could work, right?
    As for my best vacation… I’m hoping that is yet to come. The husband and I are planning a trip to Belize or Costa Rica this winter. I cant wait!

1. Oooo I think you might have something there!! Wait, but seriously, why not? I mean, people drink green smoothies…
      It might be good! lol

17. Fi says:

Disney land, love it! Just like I love honeycomb melties 🙂

18. ytotheummy says:

I love visiting my family in Spain 🙂 And this past summer, we drove to Canada, which was also super fun !

1. Ooh you’re so lucky to have family in Spain. I’d love to have family to practice my Spanish with… but they’re all Italian!

19. ashmastandrea says:

When I was 18, my parents took me to St. Lucia. It was amazing! A cool French-island culture, beautiful scenery and great food! 🙂

I’m going to have to make these meltie goodies soon!