Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Monkey Muffin for One… and CCK is Moving!

Chocolate-Chip Monkey Muffin is the Single Lady Cupcake flavor of the day.

But I don’t really know why I decided to call this a monkey muffin. It’s not in any way reminiscent to monkey bread. For some reason, monkeys just came to mind as I peeled the banana. So “monkey muffin” it was.

I used spelt flour as the base. For the “monkey” part: I simply added a little mashed banana, as well as a few chocolate chips. Then I jumped around the house, making monkey noises. Okay, scratch that last sentence. But the other parts are true!

Speaking of monkeys… I’ve been monkeying around lately.

I’m talking about my blog. Today is moving day for CCK! I’m moving to a new server today, which means that—during the day—some of you will see the new site while others still see the old one. But by tomorrow, you should all be seeing the new site. I’m excited… but also nervous. If the site happens to go down for a day (or—yipes—more), please check back. It’s just temporary.

1. Katie! I still haven’t found those 100% dark chocolate chips!!! Ugh! I’ve been looking for them at every grocery store, health food store, and Whole Foods I go to! I’ve been looking across 4 states already!!!

Congrats on the move :)

2. Jennifer - jcd says:

Monkey muffins, haha. What is the monkey bread you mention? My dad and husband always call me a monkey, so I have an adoration of anything monkey-related. And since I have a few too many bananas on the counter, I’ll be making monkey muffins for lunch tomorrow!

I’m still searching for 100% chocolate chips too. They’re on my Christmas list should anyone else find them.

Good luck with the site move. I’m excited to see what changeswill happen!

1. Apparently, monkey bread is some kinda cinnamon bread. It’s “monkey” because you pull it apart, which is how monkeys eat? Or maybe I’m getting it all wrong lol!
      As for the chocolate, you could always crumble a chocolate bar if you can’t find the chips. I have to break the chips up anyway, because they’re bigger than actual chocolate chips. Now, if only someone would make actual 100% chocolate chips… :)

1. Melissa says:

I used to LOVE monkey bread.
        I just found an easy looking vegan recipe I might need to try!

1. Jennifer - jcd says:

Thank you for the link. It looks like a fun dessert to make for Christmas or New Years.

3. Oh goodness, I had a scare for a moment when I saw “CCK is moving!” I was like “Nooo, how will we ever get to meet up again?!” Thankfully I remembered what you said about having a self-hosted blog and the changes you’ve been writing about, but man. I was sad. 😛 I’m glad you’re not REALLY moving and I can’t wait to see the new blog! Good luck with getting it all switched over. :)

1. hahaha for a meet up with you, I’d have to fly in! No way we’re not getting together again! :)

4. Anna says:

I get the reference – but then, Love Actually is one of my favourite Christmas movies ever (:

What I actually came here to say: Inspired by you, I bought my first tub of coconut butter today. Need I say any more? I’m intrigued to make melties now … yum (:

Thank you for the neverending inspiration you provide!

1. Oh yay times a million!! I’m telling ya, we’re going to take over the world someday with our love for coconut butter. Can yu imagine a coconut-butter-covered world?

1. Melissa says:

Can I help devour… I mean rule over, yeah definitely that… this coconut butter covered kingdom? 😉 I LOVE it spread on my French Meadow sprouted cinnamon raisin toast and as “icing” on my hybrid of your protein cake and HH’s single serving brownie! SO GOOD. I’m already on jar number 3! I even manage to only eat a titch under one serving a day… that’s some self control right there. 😉

1. Haha yes of COURSE! But you gotta bring your own coconut butter, cuz I’m not sharing mine ;).

5. That’s super exciting!
    You are going to be at the same URL, correct?

6. good luck on the ‘move’ ya know i really am not a huge fan of bananas (smell/texture) but i don’t mind them frozen and blended or mixed into things. might have to try the monkey muffin 😉

1. You sound like my sister! I always tell her, “That’s ok. More bananas for me!” :)

7. Is it insanely creepy that I had a dream about making a single lady cupcake last night? I swear I’m not stalking you! Haha 😉 Congrats on the move!

8. Love the idea of the Monkey Muffin – definitely going to make it soon. :) Can’t wait to see the new site!

9. Kelly says:

Good luck with the move! How exciting. :)

10. Good luck with the move! :) We will stay tuned even if there are some technical problems; )

The Monkey Muffin looks great!!! Yumm :)

11. MM. I love making the single lady cupcake with peanut flour. So good and high in protein.

Goodluck with moving day. :)

12. Love Actually is one of the BEST winter movies!!

13. I hope your move goes smoothly! Can’t wait to see the new site! :)

14. That sounds almost good as the pumpkin version… nothing can ever top pumpkin for me!

15. Nicole says:

Hi Katie,
    This has nothing to do with today’s post, but it has finally hit me! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Anne Hathaway? Everytime i see Anne in the news (like today on Yahoo) or on TV i kept thinking she reminds me of someone and it has hit me, that someone is you! I think that both of you are beautiful!! Good luck with the move.

1. LOL I tell my sister that SHE does! I love Anne Hathaway! And you just made my day :).

16. Sarah says:

I need to know what kind of chocolate chips you used, they look really good! Also, I tried your veggie lentil mash for supper last night–YUM! I added sun-dried tomatoes and a few artichoke hearts on top, super good! And, this morning my 6 yr old and I made oat bran with your vegan whipped cream and raspberries–who knew oat bran tasted so good, or was it the whipped cream? Probably the whipped cream, which, by the way, my 6 yr old begged me to make. She kept saying yesterday, ‘Can you make that foamy, creamy stuff in the blender again?’. Now you know you have tiny followers as well as grown ups! Thanks for sharing!

1. Sarah! Your comment made me so so happy, basically because it was so sweet (and cute!).

17. lindsay says:

congrats on the new site. Lots of fun things coming your way I am sure. And thanks for the single lady muffins, they are a favorite here! Although i do share with my hubs, sometimes. 😉

18. ahah love the monkey muffin name! yay so excited to see the new layout!

19. Claire says:

Ohh I’m getting excited for the move! Hope it goes without a hitch (sounds like you’re moving house not blog :P) Good luck!
    (and yes, I smiled whilst reading the “Just in cases”)

20. Erika says:

How exciting! Currently, I am still seeing the old site but I can’t wait til I get to see the new one! :-)

21. How exciting!! I’m still seeing the old site but can’t wait to see the new one!

22. I hope everything goes well with the website move!!!!!!!! I haven’t seen the new site yet, so I’m looking forward to tomorrow!!!
    By the way, the cupcake looks delish!

23. BroccoliHut says:

Quite possibly the most perfect snack ever. I want a muffin now!

24. Looking forward to seeing the new site!

25. i still am getting the old blog/server

but it explains why this morning i couldnt get in to comment for like 6+ hrs. There were cha cha changes a’ happening behind the scenes :)

monkey cupcake looks rockin!

and major hugs to you to get thru the migration, with your sanity intact. And hopefully no white knuckles or too much cursing (that would be me! LOL) b/c I know that internet/blog stuff is always tricky…

26. Sarah says:

Aww cute Love Actually reference!