Vegan Christmas Melties

Guess what was on tv last night…Elf!!

Hey, it’s December. It’s okay to get into the Christmas spirit now, right?

Since I was feeling Christmas-y while watching the movie, I took two minutes (seriously, that’s how little time it takes!), to make Christmas Coconut Melties.

coconut butter 1
coconut butter 2

Above, santa, snowmen, and Christmas tree Coconut Melties.

coconut butter
The chocolate molds are courtesy of Michaels Craft Store.
I also bought one with Scotties! Imagine: Molly will soon be chocolate-covered! 🙂

elf 1

I curled up on the couch and ate my yummy melties, as I watched the guy above eat something not so yummy.

Tags:

1. Lisa C. says:

Those are so cute! I’m going to have to get up to my local Michaels and look for some of those chocolate molds :). I need some Christmas melties in my life!

2. Camille says:

SANTA!!! I know him! 🙂
    I have 2 favorite Christmas movies. It is tradition that one is to be watched on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas day. Christmas Eve=It’s a Wonderful Life. Christmas Day= A Christmas Story
    Not only are they my two favorite Christmas movies, they are two of my all-time favorite movies!

3. Tori says:

“The Grinch” with Jim Carey. Don’t even need to think about it! I’ve watched it so many times, I’ve memorized most of the lines! It’s so funny, if you haven’t seen it, you should watch it!

4. Sarahishealthy says:

I love Elf! It’s one of my top five favorite movies, Christmas or otherwise. I can only bet it was extra awesome when you added the coconut butter melties! Artisana coconut butter makes everything better. You taught me that.

5. Leslie says:

How could you leave “A Christmas Story” off that list??? 😉

1. LOL I’ve actually never seen the whole thing!

1. What??? That’s definitely my favorite Christmas movie. You need to check out TBS any time during Christmas day. They show it for 24 hours straight!

1. LOL ok maybe this’ll be the year!

6. Albizia says:

Oh, the melties are so pretty!

I think I can watch the first two parts of “Home Alone” every single Christmas. I also love “Miracle on 34th Street” (version 1994), “Four Christmases”, “You’ve Got Mail”, “Christmas Every Day”, “The Polar Express”, “Jack Frost”, “Jingle All The Way”… and pretty much every movie with snow and Christmas trees in it 🙂 .

1. Can’t believe I forgot Miracle on 34th Street. I love that one… the old version :).

7. eatandrun says:

Elf is the best Christmas movie!

8. Inspired says:

I have to agree that Elf is pretty good. But I’m also a sucker for the oldies like White Christmas and Holiday Inn :).

9. Sarah says:

I’m going to have to go with the Grinch. But I’ve never seen the Jim Carrey version. I like the cartoon. We always watch it on Christmas day, right before dinner :).

10. Eric Jaffa says:

I also like “Elf,” “It’s a Wonderful Life,” and “The Santa Clause.”

Also “Holiday Inn” with Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby. It introduced the song “White Christmas.” But it’s debatable whether is has enough of a Christmas-theme to be a Christmas movie. A lot of holidays are included in “Holiday Inn.”

11. The ones you mention are some of my favorites too! I’d also add A Christmas Story and the original Grinch cartoon.

12. Cynthia says:

I love Home Alone and A Christmas Story!

13. abby says:

i am obsessed with those melties! my favorite is the maple version, and i’ve been meaning to try maple-peanut butter too :).

14. A Christmas Story is my favorite!

15. love, actually is one of my favorites!! although i’m jewish, I find great joy and comfort from all the holiday happenings 🙂

1. Ack! I should’ve said “favorite holiday movies” 😉 🙂

16. Home Alone 1&2, The Christmas Caper, Olive the Other Reindeer, and Miracle on 34th Street!

17. VEGirl says:

We watched Elf the other night, our first Christmas movie of the season!

“Buddy the elf, what’s your favorite color?”
    “Congratulations, world’s best cup of coffee! Great to be here”

Just a couple of quotes I use all year long 😉 Certainly one of my favorite movies eva! Makes me laugh and get into the spirit of it all.
    VEGirl

1. We elves like to stick to the four food groups. Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and SYRUP! 🙂

1. VEGirl says:

“Syrup in coffee? Why didn’t I think of that?!”

LOL!

18. Molly says:

I can’t wait to make these tonight after I get done Christmas Shopping! I love love lurve the movie Elf. Merry Christmas Katie!

P.S. When you mentioned Molly getting chocolate covered, I was a bit confused. And then I remembered your dog and I share a name 🙂

1. hey, I could cover you in chocolate if you want… 🙂
      Life is better covered in chocolate!

19. I’m really not much of a Christmas movie type of person, but there are two things that I watch every year: The Grinch (cartoon version from the 50s) and The Grinch (movie with Jim Carrey). I love them both!

20. hahaha SANTTAAAA!!!!!!! 😀 I remember watching that movie a few years ago (believe me, it’s been seen many MANY times since then) but thinking how weird it was that he likes maple syrup with everything. ..and well, now I do the same. 😛 Buddy’s got the right idea 😉

1. I know, right?! I even tried it on pasta after seeing the movie for the first time :).