The “Anything-but-Oatmeal” Breakfast

This morning, the unthinkable happened:
I came in from running and did not feel like oatmeal. So I left my oats for tomorrow. Then, I made a quick breakfast to reflect what I was craving:

vegan english muffin 3

Peanut Butter and Maple on a toasted vegan English muffin.

This was perfection. I hate meals that take longer to make than to eat. Especially when you’ve just exercised, the last thing you wanna do is exercise more in the kitchen! Plus, there’s just something so comforting about creamy peanut butter, a soft muffin, and warm maple syrup.

vegan english muffin
vegan english muffin 2

I washed my muffin down with a big glass of Homemade Cashew Milk.
(No lack of healthy fats in this meal!)

1. Tori says:

Start with a simple chocolate chip first, then maybe go into more crazy ingredients. And I mean “crazy” in the best way possible!

2. Jennifer JCD says:

You mean longer to make than to eat?

Peanut butter and maple is a great flavour combination. I really like the Christmas decoration in the photo too, nice touch!

Christmas cookies? I’m a cookie monster, so I like them all, but specifically at Christmas, decorated gingerbread and sugar cookies win every time. A friend of mine (not vegan) even found a perfect sugar cookie recipe we made last weekend. Mmm… I’m just thinking of those cookies with some sort of coconut butter icing would be perfect for you!

1. Yes ugh lol. Thanks for catching it, JCD! 🙂

3. My favorite Christmas cookies are Sirups Kager – Danish spice cookies. We’ve been making them vegan for a quite a few years now to appease my brother (who’s been a vegan for twelve years), and found that we like them much better that way!

4. You may have just inspired my breakfast… peanut butter and maple does sound suuuuuper appealing this morning! 🙂

5. My favorite cookie is a Peanut Butter Blossom — the PB cookie with the Kiss in the middle. I could eat those all day, every day.

And, as a suggestion, please make up a Single Lady Brownie. I’m asking Santa for one this Christmas 🙂

6. Camille says:

I can’t imagine not feeling oats for breakfast. That is the day I would know I had lost my mind 🙂
    Btw, I sent you the movie yesterday only to be informed by my boyfriend when he got home that the way I burned it likely will not play for you. Please let me know if it doesn’t work and I will burn you another copy the regular way!

7. hahah. I’m laughing about cooking something longer than it takes to eat it. I made dinner for 8 people yesterday. I started cooking at 4:30 and went non-stop until the dish went in the oven at 7:15 (I made individual seitan pot pies). And of course it took about 20 minutes for everyone to be done eating that and a big salad. Not the best return on investment, I suppose.

1. I wouldn’t have wanted to be you… but I would’ve LOVED to have been one of your guests. How lucky were they to be treated to such deliciousness?! Seriously? 🙂

8. Oatmeal chocolate chip is the best! Or pumpkin… anything with pumpkin!

9. Mia says:

That english muffin looks so good. My stomach just started growling.

A single-lady cookie? Oh joy! I can’t wait! My favorite cookie would be either chocolate chip or double fudge chocolatey chip.

10. I’m truly in love with the classic chocolate chip (chewy, not cake-y), which I know is boring… but hey- can’t go wrong with a classic!

1. I think classic chocolate chip might be my favorite too! 🙂
      Sometimes simple is best.

11. I love the idea of a single lady cookie! Oatmeal Raisin or double chocolate chip are my favorites (chocolate cookie dough with chocolate chips).

12. Anonymous says:

I always crave gingerbread/spice cookies this time of year. However, I havent really ever found HEALTHY versions of these. I’d love you to create one!!!! 🙂

13. Albizia says:

Anything with coconut. But if suddenly all the coconuts in the world disappear, I’d switch to walnut cookies 🙂 .

1. Um, what?? Don’t even joke about such things!!! 😉

14. My favorite Christmas cookie is decorated sugar cookies. 🙂

15. Brandi says:

My favorite cookie is usually peanut butter, but as of lately I really like ginger snaps! I also made a cookie from the blog Oh She Glows with a few subs that was a oatmeal one, that I love!

As for a single lady cookie I think you should make a peanut butter chocolate chip!

This post also made me want a english muffin with peanut butter and maple….maybe I should go buy some today.

1. Leslie says:

Me too! Pb chocolate chip all the way :).

16. lindsay says:

love single lady cookie idea. I just posted a GF sugar and spice cookie recipe but I would love to make one with PB snickerdoodles or something of that sort. Maybe PB and Maple spice cookies. Inspired by your breakfast, yum!
    LC

1. PB snickerdoodles? Woah, that sounds amazing! I thought about making chocolate ones, but never pb. You have a delicious mind 🙂 :).

1. Melissa says:

I keep wanting to make a pumpkin snickerdoodle. Replace the fat with pumpkin to bind and such. I imagine them being VERY tasty in my brain.

Also, snickerdoodles are my favorites as I am a cinnamon fiend!

17. Cynthia says:

My favorite Christmas cookie mis a tie between snickerdoodles and gingerbread cookies. Yum!

18. Nothing beats PB on some kind of bread! I would eat that over oats any day! Well, unless maybe those oats had PB in them. As for cookies, I’m a fan of peanut butter cookies….but that should be obvious from my previous statements.

19. Raw vegan gingerbread cookies!

20. Brandie says:

Chocolate chip, chocolate chip! *giggle* Yumm-O! I love your strawberry plate too, that’s so cute 🙂 I always hate picturing my food cause I don’t have anything cute to dish it on LOL. Now I need an english muffin…..

1. I was so excited to find the plate about a yr ago… it was only like $3! Cute and cheap? Can’t beat that :).