Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate-Covered Spaghetti Squash

Yesterday, I had the busiest morning known to man.
After a long run and a short breakfast, I went down to help at a food pantry (sorting cans and boxes) for three hours. Come lunchtime, my appetite was raging!

spaghetti squash

I quickly threw together some Ginger-Cashew Kale.

Then I toasted up a Rudi’s spelt English muffin with sbl and made a simple spaghetti squash side dish. Put everything on a cute Christmas plate and ate it all up.
spaghetti squash vegan

Ohmigosh Spaghetti Squash!

(Serves 1)

• 150 grams (about 1 an 1/2 cups) baked spaghetti squash
  • 1 tsp good Dijon mustard (I love Whole Foods brand)
  • 1 1/2 or 2 tablespoons mayo of choice, such as nayonaise (fat-free or regular) or Veganaise
  • garlic salt to taste
  • a little over 1/8 cup water
  • (Optional: Sometimes I like to mix corn and/or chopped brussels sprouts and nutritional yeast into the squash)

Mix all the ingredients (except the squash and optional ingredients) in a cup.  Then pour over the squash and stir.  Add optional ingredients if you wish.  Eat cold.

This morning’s been pretty busy too. I just now found out that it’s National Chocolate-Covered Anything Day. Seriously, how did I not already know this? I am a disgrace to the chocolate-covered world!

homemade Artisana coconut butter

I’m celebrating with this recipe: Hot Chocolate Butter!

Question of the Day:

How do you plan to celebrate Chocolate-Covered Day?

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I’m making your single girl cookie tonight, so maybe I’ll slather it in chocolate and call it good 🙂

1. Same! This is clearly the perfect opportunity to try it! Bring on the chocolate-covered single lady cookie! 😀

2. chocolate nachos? its a possibility!

3. chocolate in my oats, chocolate at lunch and chocolate will be consumed at dinner AND dessert. that’s called celebration

4. I didnt know it was chocolate-covered day! As if we needed another excuse to eat chocolate 🙂 I already had some cocoa in by breakfast and I can’t wait to have some more chocolate things today 😀 Love this!

5. I will be making some more of my no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies to take to a friend’s house tomorrow night, and I’ll definitely have to test the batch for poison! 🙂

6. I have some chocolate-covered chocolate peppermint cookies to eat!!!! =D

7. Annette says:

I have some cookies ‘n cream chocolate cake from Whole Foods that I will eat to celebrate!!
    And….I just bought my very first jar of Artisana coconut butter, so I am going to make some of your little melties! 🙂

8. Gina says:

How did I not know about this day either!? I need to go buy some dark chocolate in honor of what might be my new favorite holiday 🙂

9. Jennifer JCD says:

That was so sweet of you to help sort food for the less fortunate. We had a similar event here at the weekend and it is so heart-warming not just to help, but to see so many other people helping as well. Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to help those less fortunate.

As for chocolate-covered day, I think we’ll be celebrating with lots of hot cocoa to keep warm. (It snowed 25+ cm yeterday; no outdoor running for a while…)

10. Leslie says:

Your lunch looks so gorgeous! And I agree with JCD. It’s so sweet of you to help out :).

11. abby says:

oh i’m so glad i read your blog or i would’ve missed out on chocolate day! but i probably would’ve eaten chocolate anyway ;). now i’ll just eat extra!

12. I have already eaten plenty of chocolate without knowing this hahahaa

13. Ooh, I love an excuse to eat something chocolate covered. I guess I’ll have to have one of those Tofutti Flowers pops in my freezer.

14. Susan says:

I had no idea it was chocolate-covered anything day! Thanks for the heads up. I just made some of Averie’s pb cups, so I guess I’m in business!

15. Blog is the New Black says:

I’ll eat plenty of chocolate- no doubt!

16. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

You are so sweet, Katie! Helping out at the food pantry? You are an angel 🙂

I already had some chocolate pancakes, and I am planning to have raw chocolate-mint for a snack this afternoon. Then I will probably have some Bitter Chocolate Cake for Dessert sometimes today 🙂

17. Well it might be national but I think that needs to be made international and extended to Britain, given the, er, hmmm…. 🙂
    I’ll just repeat my comment from your post the other day (and of course show my international solidarity) and shovel down loads of chocolate-covered raisins. Again 🙂

1. My word, you are right! It should DEFINITELY be an international thing. EVERYone deserves to take part, right?! 😉

18. Hmmm…maybe that was why I was craving chocolate all day today?
    PS – I made the Single Lady Sugar Cookie!!! Here’s the link:

19. Fi says:

Eh!! By going and eating Some chocolate now of course!I can’t believe I didn’t know this! Well , maybe I did on a subconscious level because I had a hot chocate earlier on today 🙂 xx