Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Eating Pizza for Dessert

Something must have been in the breakfast wind last week.

When I first posted about the amazing Breakfast Pizzerts, a lot of people made them. But by and by, the trend died down, as all trends do. (Hello Beanie Babies.) Yet suddenly, in one week, I got no fewer than fifteen comments, pingbacks, tweets, or emails from a fresh batch of pizzert-makers! All this pie-eating action made me jealous; I wanted in on the party.

artisana coconut butter ideas

Nuthin left to do but bake my own Breakfast Pizzert. This particular time, I opted for coconut butter icing. Always a good choice. And now I remember why I loved these things in the first place. But I won’t bore you with my customary “amazing” “delicious” “delectable” descriptions (Seriously, there are only so many ways one can describe yummy food!). Instead, I’ll turn the blog over to my friend, Carrie, who seems to have a much better way with words.

Carrie’s words:

You guys, I seriously think I have reached Heaven…  I have experienced not just a party in my mouth but a rave, a massive, full-on, blow-out RAVE. But here’s the thing… the whole thing is the size of a family-style pie (VOLUME!) It tastes just like a pancake, but when you undercook it like I did its more gooey and dense, which is just pure deliciousness…

and the whole batch (without toppings) is only about 220 calories (when you use the ingredients I did)… and then you top it with SO MUCH good stuff and its like a healthier version of a cake, pancake batter, brownie, cookie dough THING. SUCH A SCORE! I also just had this again for lunch today and plan on having it after dinner too.. and then again tomorrow at some time…I am sure of it.

(Katie’s note: see original post for more-specific info: Pizzert Calories.)

Haha Carrie sounds like an infomercial. But she convinced me to pull the recipe back up, after neglecting it for so long.

Along with a fat kiwi, I ate half of the Breakfast Pizzert.

The other half went to a friend. By the way, please excuse the ugly paper plates. I made this at my friend’s apartment, and that’s her choice of dishware. She’s just classy like that. Another reason she’s classy?

She opted to spread her pizzert half with homemade Hot Chocolate Butter. 🙂 Yup, I know how to pick good friends. We had a picnic on the floor, eating pizzerts and looking through magazines. Have you ever had an indoor picnic? They’re perfect for winter. Plus, there’s no need to worry about greedy ants or seagulls!

Question of the Day:
What are your favorite magazines?

I’m not ashamed to admit to reading People. After all, I was on the cover. 😉

Ok ok, not really haha. I also love Time, Clean Eating, and Creating Keepsakes. And my wonderful mom just gave me a subscription to Runner’s World for my birthday. Oh yeah, and I could never forget VegNews!

Tags: ,

1. My favorite magazine is Women’s Health, followed by Shape. I also like Fitness mag, and just subscribed to Clean Eating and Weight Watchers magazines but haven’t received any issues of either of those yet.

2. VeggieGirl says:

I love reading Women’s Health, Clean Eating, Whole Living (formerly Body + Soul), Cosmopolitan, and Food Network magazine.

3. compulsed says:

Hi Katie!!

I scratch and sniff puffy heart your blog! However, the first 3 links to breakfast pizzert are broken :(.

Oh, and Clean Eating, followed by Health are my top contenders. Thanks for all your fabulousness!

1. ARGH!! Thank you SO SO SO much for letting me know! Really, thank you! 🙂 I fixed them (I think lol).

4. Jennifer JCD says:

The only magazines I read are from the library, and they are usually National Geographic, Canadian Geographic, or Popular Science. Running magazines are pretty good too. The photos in most fitness and health magazines scare me off. All the retouched photos make me cringe.

1. It’s the ADVICE in those magazines that makes me cringe. Some of the stuff they say is utterly ridiculous. Like “Eat alone, and in silence, because you’ll be less distracted and thus eat less.” Well yeah, but at what cost? If you wanna be a skinny hermit… (Not to mention, the articles repeat themselves. There’s only so much you can say about “How to get flat abs!”)

1. Jennifer JCD says:

That too. Not to mention the advertisements. My husband picked up a fashion magazine at the doctor’s office one day and we were both mortified. There were fancy full-page ads for breast sugmentation and pastic surgery (not to mention cellulite creams and unhealthy fad diets) in a magazine read by teenagers!

5. Lindsey says:

That breakfast pizzert looks great! I’ll have to try that soon, but maybe add chocolate chips to the mix 🙂 My fave magazines are probably Women’s Health and Shape.

6. Nicholette says:

I love Clean Eating and Oxygen magazines. Eating Well is good too.

7. That looks soooooooooo yummy!!!!!!!!!!

8. Wow! That just looks…Yum! I’m a snack food lover! So, if it looks and tastes like desert…i’m good to go! My fave mags are VegNews, Clean Eating, and pretty much anything to do with healthy living.

9. Kristen says:

Oh Magazines! I just moved to Spain and miss magazines! They are so expensive here. I’d read anything right now!

1. Oh so true! When I lived in China, and we’d go to the airport in Hong Kong, I would LIVE in those duty-free shops, just browsing through Cosmo like it was air. Normally, I don’t ever read Cosmo!

10. You’ve got my mouth watering over here! My fav magazine these days is probably Yoga Journal.

11. Sarahishealthy says:

I’ve made the pizzerts! They really are EVERYTHING Carrie said! Life altering goodness! And so HUMUNGOUS for a single serving. I love them! 🙂 🙂

1. anonymous says:

agreed! i love how you can eat the whole thing and its just one serving!

12. Valerie says:

Well you might have forgotten the trend, Miss Katie, but it is still alive and well in our home. We’ve been making pizzerts pretty much once a week since first trying them out around 2 months ago! So rest assured, they’re still seeing some love.
    Our favorites are the Elvis Pizzerts, with banana butter. It’s one of the only things all my kids can agree on! 😉

13. Rach says:

My favorite magazines change frequently. The first ones that come to mind are Health, Shape, Real Simple and Rachael Ray… I’m sure there are others that I’m not thinking of.

14. Oh man, I WISH I coconut butter, so I could do that to my pizzerts! Looks delish! And pizzerts never go out of style! 🙂

I love Women’s Running and Runner’s World. They are SO expensive though!

15. My favorite magazines are Veg News, Living Without, Dwell, Atomic Ranch, and Vegetarian Times.

Now I want to make a breakfast pizzert!

16. Disturbed says:

I stay as far away from magazines as I can. I am a recovering (still working at it) anorexic, and even those health magazines have over photoshopped people that can be triggering. So, I try to just stay away. Occasionally, I will look at medical magazines though. I want to be a surgeon, so things like that interest me.

O, and I was wondering about that post a while back you were going to post but then decided to postpone posting it because of it being a controversial topic.

1. I *think* it’s scheduled for next Tuesday. But I’ve changed my mind about posting it so many times that it might yet change again. Still, hopefully Tuesday!

17. I’m a magazine addict, but trying to ween off. Darn husband keeps finding free subscriptions though! I like loads of them, but what comes to mind first is Cooking Light (been reading since I was in high school – many moons ago), Health, etc.

18. I believe there was a rave in my mouth just LOOKING at the pizzert. I’m not a huge pancake fan, but something about the coconut butter on top is making me go crazy. I just bought a coconut butter with vanilla flakes. Should be delicioso no? Thanks for this!

Also, my favorite magazines are all the trashy ones that kill brain cells, and shamelessly so! I love TIME and any travel magazine.

1. Coconut butter with vanilla flakes? Woah, that sounds awesome-licious!

19. I’ve made a pizzert before! I put blueberries on mine 🙂 I can’t wait to make it again!

20. OK, I may just have to make a pizzert. Your friend’s “infomercial” totally won me over.

I love magazines and I read a bunch, but Allure is my constant. I’ve also been getting Elle and I like it a lot.