Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Eating Pizza for Dessert

Something must have been in the breakfast wind last week.

When I first posted about the amazing Breakfast Pizzerts, a lot of people made them. But by and by, the trend died down, as all trends do. (Hello Beanie Babies.) Yet suddenly, in one week, I got no fewer than fifteen comments, pingbacks, tweets, or emails from a fresh batch of pizzert-makers! All this pie-eating action made me jealous; I wanted in on the party.

artisana coconut butter ideas

Nuthin left to do but bake my own Breakfast Pizzert. This particular time, I opted for coconut butter icing. Always a good choice. And now I remember why I loved these things in the first place. But I won’t bore you with my customary “amazing” “delicious” “delectable” descriptions (Seriously, there are only so many ways one can describe yummy food!). Instead, I’ll turn the blog over to my friend, Carrie, who seems to have a much better way with words.

Carrie’s words:

You guys, I seriously think I have reached Heaven…  I have experienced not just a party in my mouth but a rave, a massive, full-on, blow-out RAVE. But here’s the thing… the whole thing is the size of a family-style pie (VOLUME!) It tastes just like a pancake, but when you undercook it like I did its more gooey and dense, which is just pure deliciousness…

and the whole batch (without toppings) is only about 220 calories (when you use the ingredients I did)… and then you top it with SO MUCH good stuff and its like a healthier version of a cake, pancake batter, brownie, cookie dough THING. SUCH A SCORE! I also just had this again for lunch today and plan on having it after dinner too.. and then again tomorrow at some time…I am sure of it.

(Katie’s note: see original post for more-specific info: Pizzert Calories.)

Haha Carrie sounds like an infomercial. But she convinced me to pull the recipe back up, after neglecting it for so long.

pizzert

Along with a fat kiwi, I ate half of the Breakfast Pizzert.

The other half went to a friend. By the way, please excuse the ugly paper plates. I made this at my friend’s apartment, and that’s her choice of dishware. She’s just classy like that. Another reason she’s classy?

She opted to spread her pizzert half with homemade Hot Chocolate Butter. :) Yup, I know how to pick good friends. We had a picnic on the floor, eating pizzerts and looking through magazines. Have you ever had an indoor picnic? They’re perfect for winter. Plus, there’s no need to worry about greedy ants or seagulls!

Question of the Day:
What are your favorite magazines?

I’m not ashamed to admit to reading People. After all, I was on the cover. 😉

Ok ok, not really haha. I also love Time, Clean Eating, and Creating Keepsakes. And my wonderful mom just gave me a subscription to Runner’s World for my birthday. Oh yeah, and I could never forget VegNews!

1. My favorite magazine is Women’s Health, followed by Shape. I also like Fitness mag, and just subscribed to Clean Eating and Weight Watchers magazines but haven’t received any issues of either of those yet.

2. VeggieGirl says:

I love reading Women’s Health, Clean Eating, Whole Living (formerly Body + Soul), Cosmopolitan, and Food Network magazine.

3. compulsed says:

Hi Katie!!

I scratch and sniff puffy heart your blog! However, the first 3 links to breakfast pizzert are broken :(.

Oh, and Clean Eating, followed by Health are my top contenders. Thanks for all your fabulousness!

1. ARGH!! Thank you SO SO SO much for letting me know! Really, thank you! :) I fixed them (I think lol).

4. Jennifer JCD says:

The only magazines I read are from the library, and they are usually National Geographic, Canadian Geographic, or Popular Science. Running magazines are pretty good too. The photos in most fitness and health magazines scare me off. All the retouched photos make me cringe.

1. It’s the ADVICE in those magazines that makes me cringe. Some of the stuff they say is utterly ridiculous. Like “Eat alone, and in silence, because you’ll be less distracted and thus eat less.” Well yeah, but at what cost? If you wanna be a skinny hermit… (Not to mention, the articles repeat themselves. There’s only so much you can say about “How to get flat abs!”)

1. Jennifer JCD says:

That too. Not to mention the advertisements. My husband picked up a fashion magazine at the doctor’s office one day and we were both mortified. There were fancy full-page ads for breast sugmentation and pastic surgery (not to mention cellulite creams and unhealthy fad diets) in a magazine read by teenagers!

5. Lindsey says:

That breakfast pizzert looks great! I’ll have to try that soon, but maybe add chocolate chips to the mix :) My fave magazines are probably Women’s Health and Shape.

6. I love Bust (“The Magazine for Women with Something to Get Off Their Chests”…I love puns, too!). Finally, a women’s magazine that ISN’T designed to make me feel like crap about my appearance/dating life. :)

1. Sarahishealthy says:

I thought I was the only one who *hearted* that magazine! :)

7. Nicholette says:

I love Clean Eating and Oxygen magazines. Eating Well is good too.

8. That looks soooooooooo yummy!!!!!!!!!!

9. Wow! That just looks…Yum! I’m a snack food lover! So, if it looks and tastes like desert…i’m good to go! My fave mags are VegNews, Clean Eating, and pretty much anything to do with healthy living.

10. Kristen says:

Oh Magazines! I just moved to Spain and miss magazines! They are so expensive here. I’d read anything right now!

1. Oh so true! When I lived in China, and we’d go to the airport in Hong Kong, I would LIVE in those duty-free shops, just browsing through Cosmo like it was air. Normally, I don’t ever read Cosmo!

11. You’ve got my mouth watering over here! My fav magazine these days is probably Yoga Journal.

12. That looks absolutely amazing! I haven’t made a pizzert in ages (aside from those mini ones I made). Thanks for the reminder about this recipe! 😀

13. Sarahishealthy says:

I’ve made the pizzerts! They really are EVERYTHING Carrie said! Life altering goodness! And so HUMUNGOUS for a single serving. I love them! :) :)

1. anonymous says:

agreed! i love how you can eat the whole thing and its just one serving!

14. Valerie says:

Well you might have forgotten the trend, Miss Katie, but it is still alive and well in our home. We’ve been making pizzerts pretty much once a week since first trying them out around 2 months ago! So rest assured, they’re still seeing some love.
    Our favorites are the Elvis Pizzerts, with banana butter. It’s one of the only things all my kids can agree on! 😉

15. Did you ever find out why there was such a pizzert mania?? They are sooo good…need to make another!

Magazines…I love em, but don’t really buy them that often. I like reading them while I eat bfast…

16. Rach says:

My favorite magazines change frequently. The first ones that come to mind are Health, Shape, Real Simple and Rachael Ray… I’m sure there are others that I’m not thinking of.

17. i like oxygen mag for new workout moves to do at home! clean eating is good too :)

18. The pizza looks delish!!!

Ive been a Yoga Journal subscriber for 11 yrs…can you believe it! I love that mag. I still read W magazine but not too many other fashion mags. I do read all kinds of fitness mags, Shape, Oxygen, Hers, Womens Health but dont subscribe.

After all, I have 200 blogs a day to keep up with in my reader. Do you think i have time to read print? haha :)

19. Oh man, I WISH I coconut butter, so I could do that to my pizzerts! Looks delish! And pizzerts never go out of style! :)

I love Women’s Running and Runner’s World. They are SO expensive though!

20. My favorite magazines are Veg News, Living Without, Dwell, Atomic Ranch, and Vegetarian Times.

Now I want to make a breakfast pizzert!

21. Disturbed says:

I stay as far away from magazines as I can. I am a recovering (still working at it) anorexic, and even those health magazines have over photoshopped people that can be triggering. So, I try to just stay away. Occasionally, I will look at medical magazines though. I want to be a surgeon, so things like that interest me.

O, and I was wondering about that post a while back you were going to post but then decided to postpone posting it because of it being a controversial topic.

1. I *think* it’s scheduled for next Tuesday. But I’ve changed my mind about posting it so many times that it might yet change again. Still, hopefully Tuesday!

22. I’m a magazine addict, but trying to ween off. Darn husband keeps finding free subscriptions though! I like loads of them, but what comes to mind first is Cooking Light (been reading since I was in high school – many moons ago), Health, etc.

23. I believe there was a rave in my mouth just LOOKING at the pizzert. I’m not a huge pancake fan, but something about the coconut butter on top is making me go crazy. I just bought a coconut butter with vanilla flakes. Should be delicioso no? Thanks for this!

Also, my favorite magazines are all the trashy ones that kill brain cells, and shamelessly so! I love TIME and any travel magazine.

1. Coconut butter with vanilla flakes? Woah, that sounds awesome-licious!

24. I’ve made a pizzert before! I put blueberries on mine :) I can’t wait to make it again!

25. OK, I may just have to make a pizzert. Your friend’s “infomercial” totally won me over.

I love magazines and I read a bunch, but Allure is my constant. I’ve also been getting Elle and I like it a lot.

26. Namaste Gurl says:

Clean Eating by far is most most recent favorite magazine…. Vegetarian Times, Real Simple, Whole Living and Yoga Journal also make the cut :-)

27. That looks so damn good, Katie! I need some of that in my life. As for mags, I read VegNews, Vegetarian Times, and Rolling Stone.

1. I get annoyed by Veg Times, because they only make the easy recipes vegan (like salads or sorbets). Every time I see a non-vegan casserole, quiche, or lasagna in Veg Times, I’m like, “What exactly is so hard about a vegetarian lasagna? I mean, EVERY magazine can do that. It’s veg to begin with!” Grrr…

28. eatandrun says:

Yummy! I love pizzerts!

29. ezzie says:

Pizzerts? Yummmyy~!!

30. Katie says:

The pizzerts are looking so good! So many people are making them and I keep saying I need to! I must! I just forget!

Love Clean Eating Mag! Just got the newest one last night!

Love ya girl! xoxoxo

31. Picky Nicky says:

I saw that post on Carries blog! She’s the one who persuaded me to make a pizzert of my own :)

1. Haha she’s got a way with words, right? 😉

32. drool i’ll try this with coconut flour but add coconut oil since it needs some fat so it doesn’t become too crumbly.

33. Julie M says:

I love Clean Eating and Experience!

34. Pizzert! You are so flippin’ cute!

35. I totally just dropped magazine mayhem at my blog earlier this week. I’m a shape/fitness/self/women’s health reader but I also REALLY like Real Simple and O (holla oprah)

36. Thanks for the reminder about pizzerts! The Elvis one sounds delish.

Favorite magazines: VegNews, Clean Eating, Health and Real Simple

37. Looks delish! I really like Glamour.

38. Maryann says:

Womens health and US Weekly are my faves. Girl HOW do you come up with so many amazing and healthy recipes? I love it! :)

1. LOL there are so many more floating through my head. If only I were rich and could hire a personal chef to make them all for me :).

39. aahaha YES! spreadin the pizzert LOVE IN HURR!
    i am a magazine FREAK: Us weekly, People, OK!, Shape, Zest, Glamour, Cosmo, Health, Fitness, Healthy… i think thats probably enough- but trust me, I COULD GO ON!

40. I still love pizzerts!!! Make them all the time, they never get tiring. :)

41. that looks great!

I was excited there thinking you were were in People mag!

42. Ah yes, I remember the pizzert, and I can’t believe I still haven’t made it yet. Need to remedy that soon.

US Weekly is my favorite guilty pleasure. :)

43. beccah says:

cosmo,dance mag,pointe mag,fitness,yoga and gothic beauty. heck to the yes for dance magazines. :)))

44. ruby red says:

Wow, that girl Carrie has me convinced! I am currently stuck on my variation of your Boatmeal recipe, but I now know I must leave it behind at some point in the recent future for some Pizzert action! My plan is to stuff it with dried Turkish figs and hemp granola and smother it with pumpkinseed+sunflower seed butter!

As for magazines, I read VegNews a lot…and I’ll admit it…I’ll read Cosmopolitan articles online from time to time! Hahaha don’t tell anyone!

45. Moni'sMeals says:

Great Recipe! I will try this over the weekend for sure.
    Fav Mags- Snowboarding, Shape, Self, Womens Health, Health, and Vegetarin Times, just to name a few. :)

46. Favorite magazine – Vegetarian Times :)

I’ve never made a pizzert (shame on me 😉 ), but now that I have my hands on a jar of coconut butter, I reeeeeeally need to make one. I’ve been eyeing them ever since you first posted about them!

47. Oh man, this reminds me that is has been a while since I’ve made your pizzert. Shame on me! It is so amazing. I loved the post from Carrie!! She is too funny and sold that pizzert like it was her job. :) Love you!

48. BroccoliHut says:

I’m finally working my way through my endless stack of magazines today–they get neglected when class is in session!
    My list includes: Runner’s World, Clean Eating, Fitness, and Real Simple.

49. VEGirl says:

YUM YUM! Looks so tasty, with all that coconut butter. Kiwi also sounds great with the coconut taste, too. For some reason I only eat a kiwi like once a year (What’s with that??), but next time I do I will eat it with coconut butter!

I don’t often read or buy magazines– they are so expensive, and half off them are often filled with ads! But I will read vegnews while waiting for my mom to finish grocery shopping at the natural food store :),

VEGirl

50. Kelly says:

The amazing pizzert………. otherwise known as the pancake.

1. Oh no no lol it’s not like pancakes at all! :)

51. Hannah says:

Katie! I made your vegan banana pancakes for one this morning!! They were DELISH. One, they were geared for one person-I hate adapting pancake recipes for 4-6 people! Two, they were super easy to make, and that’s saying a lot from a college student who is pretty lazy! And three, they didn’t even taste vegan! They weren’t hard as rocks, as some pancakes get, and they soaked up the syrup perfectly. Thank you so much!!

1. Aww Hannah, thank YOU for taking the time to tell me! I’m so excited you made them :). And lol, yes they are easy to make because I am the laziest chef ever, and therefore my recipes are pretty much all geared towards lazy girls like me! College just takes a lot outta you, right? Who has time/energy to cook elaborate meals?! 😉

52. Nicole says:

I have the most unfortunate soft-spot for People magazine. I’d never actually pay for it, as I don’t really LIKE the idea of it, but it’s just so damn entertaining…

And Cosmo. Oh, Cosmo. What a love-hate relationship.

I do like Shape, mostly, and the ones you listed.
    Gah, based on this list… I promise I’m not just a popular-media ditz! 😉 I just have my guilty pleasures… lots of them 😉

1. Hahahahha I so get where you’re coming from. I am totally guilty of picking up the tabloids (Us Weekly especially) and browsing through. I’d never pay for one, because I wouldn’t give them my money. But hey, if I’m waiting in line and am bored… 😉

53. Nicole says:

Also, I really want a pizzert. And a kitchen. Oh, dorm life…

And I loved your beanie baby reference 😉

54. Alyson says:

Holy Moly! I am addicted to magazines… I won’t lie. Even though the green factor isn’t really there, they are just so much fun just to read through and sort of entertain yer brain. 😉 I love VegNews, Runners World, Women’s Health, Health, and that’s as far as I can go. I don’t really know what other magazines I’m into. It’s definitely a better thing not to be addicted to those things, I suppose. :)
    I also love the idea of Pizzerts. :) I mean, holy yum, right?! :)

Love ya chica!
    Aly

1. Yeah, I wish they were more environmentally-friendly, too. I do give all my pre-read mags to our cleaning lady, though. And when she’s done reading, she gives them to her daughter. So at least it’s a *little* better.

55. Kat says:

I feel like I’m the only one who hasn’t made a Pizzert. I need to make them asap!

56. bitt says:

I want a pizzert right now. I’m having some sugar cravings like wild.

I somehow scored a free subscription to OK magazine. I’ve never paid, they never ask for anything. So I read it.

1. LOL I wouldn’t return a freebie either. One year, we got a free subscription to Parents Magazine. It was so odd, because my sister and I were in high school at the time! I have no idea why/how they found us and thought we’d be a good target audience!

57. So glad you posted this again because I totally missed it! I will definitely make this tomorrow morning for breakfast 😀

enjoy your weekend! x

58. Claire says:

Wow, VegNews, I like the sound of that. I love love love most cooking magazines such as Women’s Weekly and Delicious. Other than that though the only other magazines I read are the trashy ones whilst in the hairdresser, though occasioually I’ll cave in and buy one. What’s life without a guilty pleasure though?

59. Love your blog-and yes you def know how to pick your friends, haha:) It’s good to “know people”

60. Camille says:

Okay, that looks incredible! I think I need to try it one of these days :)

61. i ate a pizzert for lunch today… and dessert… JUS SAYIN’

1. Muahahahahaha girl you are too freakin cute! Can I bottle you up? :)