Make it Pink! Make it Blue!

vegan comfort food

Lunch! Sauteed peppers with oil and garlic, “buttered” whole wheat English muffin, walnuts and Candied Veggies.

Today’s candy veggies = broccoli. They were super-delicious!!

vegan comfort food 2

It was a freezing cold day! Did you know the temperature can drop to 3 degrees in Texas? (P.S. See the cute scarf in the photos? It was there in case my lunch got cold. Besides, I needed a stand-in for my usual fake flowers. They’re hibernating for the winter.)

Procrastination tool!!

Some of y’all asked if my blog is changing colors. The answer: I just figured out I can change the background color. Yeah, I’m slow with technology like that. Right now, it’s purple. Would blue be better? I’m having fun with this. Make it pink, make it blue! (Any other Disney Sleeping Beauty fans?)

1. Albizia says:

May I be adopted by you, please? Your meal ideas are always sooo mouthwatering!

As for the color of the blog… either it doesn’t show up in my browser, or I am a color blind 😀

Have a great day and don’t worry too much about commenting on other people’s blogs. You have so many followers that you would spend the whole day in front of the monitor, if you had to read all these blogs 😉 .

1. Yes, you may adopt me! But I must warn you that any chocolate in your home will no longer be safe once I arrive ;).

2. A Curious Blog Friend says:

Katie, I LOVE your blog. Its one of my top three favorites :).
    But I do have a question, and its not to be mean, I’m just so curious! How do you and other big bloggers like fitnessista, ohsheglows, heathereatsalmondbutter, and carrotsncake get SOOOO many comments when you don’t comment much on other blogs? I mean, I know how some bloggers like Averie can get a lot of comments, because she comments a lot on other blogs.
    But I comment a ton on other blogs (using my blog name, which I’m too embarrassed to leave on this comment) and never get above 40 comments, but you and some of the other big bloggers I’ve mentioned get over 100! Share your secret! 🙂 How do you get to be a big blogger?
    P.S. Keep up the amazing blog!

1. Hey sweet girl!
      I really don’t think I can give you an easy answer :-?. I feel so indebted to the people who take time to comment on my blog every day. They (you) are so kind to think of me, and I really don’t deserve this extraordinary amount of kindness! So I guess my answer is: I don’t know how so many people comment, but I am so grateful that they do! I do think, though, that if you’re just starting out, you NEED to comment a lot on other blogs. Otherwise, people won’t know you exist. After you make some bloggie friends, then you can focus more on good content, and hopefully people will keep coming back. The most important thing is to have fun!!

3. Oooh YUM lunch looks so good!
    Aww you’re too cute, don’t feel bad about that! You do so well responding to as many comments as you can, nobody expects you to be at your computer 24/7 writing back to people! That’s just craaaazy! 😉
    To me it looks blue?! Anyway looks good! 😀

4. Rachel says:

the blog colors are purrrdy ;), just like your food presentations!

those spelt english muffins are so good, i actually made my own whole wheat vegan english muffins from scratch today cause i was running out! i also managed to get dough all over me in the process but eventually i’ll get the jist of it haha. next time i want to try spelt flour

1. I NEED to try making my own English muffins! I have a recipe that I just keep forgetting to try. The Rudi’s ones are a treat that I don’t always allow myself to buy. Even though they’re not that expensive (when you think about the fact that $3 gets you six, whereas one candy bar is $1), I still feel badly when I can’t eat them all before they get stale.

1. Rachel says:

i usually freeze my english muffins! i cant eat them fast enough haha. it’s so easy to make them, i just used a bread recipe, made them into balls sprinkled in some cornmeal, then pressed them down on a skillet and flipped them like pancakes, i also put them in the oven since the insides werent cooked through…i need to practice hah

5. Jennifer JCD says:

Hehe, i have candied broccoli in my lunch today. Only difference is that we added some hot sauce to give them a bit of a kick. Mmm… your recipes are the best!

My favourite Disney Princess is definitely Belle. Princess Tiana is probably second, with Cinderella in third. But any princess will do… My husband’s favourite is Snow White. 🙂

6. VeggieGirl says:

I love your blog. Period. 🙂

1. Oh Liz, you are always so sweet. P.S. Can you email me your address… I have a little something I want to send. It’s not a huge thing, but I owe you so much for all your kindness :)!

7. Picky Nicky says:

I’ve tried your candied veggies trick and it was awesome! Exactly as delicious and mouthwatering as you described!! As for the background.. I like this colour, I think it’s calming 🙂 🙂

8. Susan says:

I love all of the changes your blog has been going through – it’s like buying new makeup. Testing out a new “eyeshadow” or something.

I think it would be crazy if you had to comment on everyone’s blog. I don’t even do it, and I’m not nearly as popular as you. It’s too much! I love when I do receive comments from you, but they mean just as much as they would if I received them every day!

1. Oh I’m so bad testing out eyeshadows! I KNOW what colors look good on me, and yet I still always gravitate towards colors I should stay far away from, simply because they’re so pretty! (Either that, or I want to buy all the blue shades, even though I already own almost identical colors.)

9. Brandie says:

Maybe I’m not as observant as some? LOL, but I hadnt’ noticed it changing colors… and today it’s not purple to me – it’s blue! Ans honestly.. you’ve posted before that you get thousands of hits per day… and hundreds of comments. Unless you’re getting paid to o this and have the ‘free time’ to just sit at the computer, there’s no way you can check all of us out every day.. I know how much time I personally spend on checking out blogs and honestly, sometimes I’ve put off the rest of my life wasting away here HAHahahaha! *sheepish* 🙂 Don’t worry about darlin, you come on sometimes and post your “Thanks Y’all”just like you did today and we know you love us 🙂

1. Hmm, I guess it’s different depending on the color resolution of computer screens. Eh, whatever, right? After all, it’s just a background :).

10. Blog looks great….food looks great 🙂

I like the changing background!

11. I love the new color, and I love the title of the post! When my brother was a kid, he was obsessed with Merriweather (the blue fairy) and my mom said he would run around when he was watching Sleeping Beauty yelling ‘Make it pink! Make it blue!’ We still make fun of him for it 🙂

1. Awww so cute! LOL I bet he was a handful for your mom!

12. Lisa C. says:

Your blog is my favorite :). Never change. Well, changing colors is ok ;).

13. Rach says:

Those are some beautiful peppers!

No need to apologize for your ‘soggy muffin trick’… that’s how ya like it, so that’s a-okay! 🙂

I L-O-V-E Belle from Beauty and the Beast… she’s the best! Love her! 🙂

14. Aww Katie you are such a lovely person! You always make me smile with you concienciousness! Of course you can’t comment on 112 blogs every day, and I don’t think anyone expects you to! 🙂

I like it purple! And Jasmine from Aladdin all the way! 😀

P.S. I made your gingerbread butter. Beyond words!!

1. Ooh Emma, I’m so excited you made it. I had some more this morning. Who cares if it’s not Christmas anymore?

15. Maryann says:

I can only imagine how tough it would be for you to visit and comment on every commenters blog every day! Don’t worry, i’ll keep coming back for your awesome healthy recipes and food ideas! Have a great day!! 🙂

16. Lisa M831 says:

So I was trying to put lunch off today but now that I checked out your food choices I am starving. Guess it is lunch time!

Have a great day!
    Lisa

17. Jos says:

Not gonna lie, I do envy you A LOT for having that many comments on your blog while I struggle to get my blog out so more people will visit mine..hehe…I know I shouldn’t dwell in comment rut but sometimes it’s just good to read a lot of comments on the post that I wrote…and you’re so sweet to even mention that you try to comment back for the ones who commented on your blog..

I appreciate you made an effort to comment back on my blog couple days ago 🙂

I don’t comment often on yours but I do read yours often.

I like the blueish-purpleish bg color 😀

*wishful thinking* – hopefully I can be on your blogroll? hehe

18. love the purple, it’s a great color for you 🙂

19. Liz says:

A background color doesn’t show up on my computer.. It’s just white. : / But my favorite disney princess is Sleeping Beauty.. or Ariel, We’re both red heads so I feel like I gotta support her…

20. Disturbed says:

I like your blog layout. You should try out some dark-ish colors. Like reds and deep purples. No clue why, but your personality is bright and cheery so I guess you blog should show that.