Banana Pancakes and Tiramisu Fudge

Yesterday, the sun decided to show its face in Texas.

The night before, I’d resigned myself to another treadmill run. But as soon as I saw the sunshine, Mr. Dreadmill was stood up. Sorry, man. 😕

Seven miles, in 10-degree weather, through 5 inches of snow was surprisingly fun. No, really! The sun’s presence, combined with the wind’s absence, made it seem much warmer than the true temperature. And running through the snow provided a challenging, but low-impact, leg workout. In other words, it was fun because it was different; a change of pace from the norm.

The coldest morning runs yield the most-delicious warm breakfasts:

pancakes

Banana Pancakes for One

(You get a “free photos” google image, though, because I was much too engrossed in my breakfast-eating to bother snapping pictures.) After breakfast, I did some “blog” planning.

raspberry mousse

Do you write blog posts every day?

Or do you plan in advance?  I actually do very little blogwork during the week. My time is spent with friends, schoolwork, cooking, running, etc. Instead, I like to do a lot of my blog writing on weekend mornings, when I have more free time.

And do you like lists?

Yesterday, I wrote out a list to organize myself for the next few months. Lists are soooo helpful to me. The only problem is that sometimes I can’t find a list, so I’ll start a new one. Then I end up with many, many lists floating through the house! 😕

Upcoming Blog Posts

As usual, I’m overwhelmed with recipes I want to share. So I’m asking—once again—for your input. The following is a list of recipes I’ve already developed, many of which are Valentine’s Day-themed.

Future Recipe Posts:
Which ones would you like to see first?

1. Raspberry-Marzipan Muffins
  2. Banana Bread for One
  3. Carrot Cake for One
  4. Curried Lentil Stew
  5. Gluten-Free Breakfast Pizzert
  6. 2-Ingredient Truffles
  7. Skinny fudge babies
  8. Healthier Chocolate Cake
  9. Secret Tomato Sauce or Soup
  10. Lavender Cream
  11. Chocolate Cashew-Butter Cups
  12. Chocolate-Raspberry Butter

(As usual, if there’s a recipe for which you just cannot wait, leave me a comment and I’ll quickly write it out for ya before the post goes up.)

And the upcoming non-recipe posts:

1. Blogging full-time…And my blog’s future. (I am so excited to finally share a little more about this :)!)
  2. Thoughts on the anti-vegan posts. (I know I’ve promised the post for a while, but to be honest… I’m scared to publish it! Especially in the past few months, my blog’s gained a much-wider following and I’m getting some amazing opportunities. I’m terrified of jeopardizing all of this with such a controversial post. In other words: coward!)
  3. Chocolate-Covered Giveaways
  4. The Blogroll. I haven’t forgotten it!

Ok, all that planning’s made me tired. I’ll leave you with a recipe from sweetie-pie Emily:

Vegan Tiramisu Fudge

Once again, a free photo. Wow, I’m lazy today. Tomorrow, I promise a recipe post. But which recipe? Well, that’s up to YOU! 😉

Tags: , ,

1. Zuzia says:

For me it’s a tie between Banana Bread for One, Curried Lentil Stew, 2-Ingredient Truffles, Skinny fudge babies, and Healthier Chocolate Cake. They all sound so good. I couldn’t decide!:p

2. Leslie says:

Is it strange that I’m actually MORE excited to read about your future as a full-time blogger than I am about any of the delicious recipes? Does that make me nosy? 😉

I’m just so excited for you. I like to live vicariously through bloggers like you or Tina or fitnessista who actually get to do this for a living!

That’s not to say I’m not really excited about the recipes as well. Especially that chocolate-raspberry butter, since I know you said earlier that it’s one of your favorite recipes to date.

1. abby says:

+1 to this!

you lucky girl! 🙂
      oh and also, i’m excited for the chocolate raspberry butter and carrot cake for one.
      or basically anything else you want to throw at us, because i’ve never met a cck recipe i didn’t like! 🙂 🙂

3. Lauren W says:

Carrot cake for one please!!!!!!!!!

4. Albizia says:

I’m a lazy blogger so I post only when I have too much spare time or when I am overwhelmed with emotions I must share to avoid bursting 🙂 . I admire everyone who has the will and enthusiasm to write posts on a daily basis.

As for the recipes, I think I want to see almost all of them immediately but at the moment the banana bread and the lentil stew sound the most tempting.

5. Anne says:

Skinny Fudge Babies, Please!

6. CatK says:

banana bread please! (followed up by carrot cake!)

7. I say carrot cake for one! 🙂

I’ve never run in the snow before, but I do LOVE riding my horse in the snow so I can see why you liked the snow adventure! 🙂

And your banana pancakes look delicious (not that I’m surprised; I mean, honestly, ALL your recipes look [and taste!} delicious!) And some people don’t think that there’s any such thing as superpowers! Sheesh! Haven’t they ever heard of the Chocolate-Covered Power that you have? 😉

1. hehe it’s the chocolate, itself! That stuff is magical! 😉

8. Lisa C. says:

I’m with Abby: Carrot Cake and Chocolate Raspberry Butter. Not together, though ;).

9. Emily K. says:

Gonna hafta go with the chocolate raspberry butter. Cause I’m thinking that’s what the photo is of?

10. Alexandra says:

Oh, Raspberry-Marzipan Muffins, please!

11. Karine says:

Hi Katie,

I’ve discovered your blog a few days ago, and now I’m addicted to it! your blog is just so cool! Your state of mind, humor, recipes… I love it. Thank you so much for what you’re doing! 😀 I can’t wait to try your recipes! (Plus I’m trying to gain weight healthily and eat healthy treats with no added sugar and stuff too…)

Anyway. ^^’ (Of course) all the recipes’ ideas you’ve listed above seem to be great. If I had to choose one, I’d go for the Healthier Chocolate Cake or the Chocolate Cashew-Butter Cups. (One?) Or any sweet recipe that hasn’t any added sugar / stevia! 🙂

Take care.

1. Oh Karine, thank you so much for your sweet comment :). So nice to “meet” you hehe.

12. Aisatsana says:

Skinny fudge babies sound amazing!!! 🙂 BTW, I wan’t to let you know that I really enjoy your blog. I’m not a vegan currently, but I still love veggies and vegan recipes!! Thanks so much for writing!

1. Thanks a bunch (of coconuts!), Aisatsana! 🙂

13. Kim says:

Ooh! Definitely the Gluten-Free Breakfast Pizzert! I’ve been experimenting with different flours since I discovered wheat and oatmeal were the cause of my feeling sick all the time. I’m desperately looking for new recipes to try!

14. Camille says:

Running in the snow seems scary! I would be sliding all over the place!

15. I’m interested in the curry lentil stew — I love your dessert/snack items but I’d love more “meal” recipes 🙂 Oh and skinny fudge babies? Whatever that means sounds good to me!

I am not the most consistent blogger, but when I *am* — that I write blog posts in the afternoon and post them the following morning. Then I have time to add content, delete content, etc.

I am interested in your “controversial” post but I understand your hesitation. I think the fact that you are thinking about it and putting that kind of effort into it shows that you are not just flying off the handle — you want to write with care and I think that is wonderful!

16. Maria says:

Um wow, how can we choose??? Mean!
    Just kidding, Katie. I love your blog. It’s my favorite :). I’ll be interested to hear about blogging full time and about the controversial post!

17. Carrot cake for one and healthier chocolate cake!! Giiirl, you are killing me with all of these recipes, they all sound so good! Slash I think I know what one of those opportunities are girl, you gave me a hint in that email! Ahh I am so excited for you:)

18. AHH ok recipes 7, 8 and 3 are CALLING TO ME!! esp the recipes for one becuz i ride SOLO
    WHAT so excited for your news about your blogs future!!!!!!!

19. AND WE LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT!! so honestly blog about whatever you want.. do one about anti-vegan blogs– we love to hear anything you say!! and make 😉

20. All the recipes sound good! I pick… the Raspberry-Marzipan Muffins. I’m excited to hear more about blogging full time and your blog’s future!