Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

My Little Chocolate Book

Red Velvet Pancakes.

That’s how I’ve decided to spend my Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately, the recipe won’t go up until Tuesday, since I haven’t had time to create a post.

There are still many Valentine-themed recipes I wish to share; can we just consider February Valentine Month? Upcoming recipes include: Red Velvet Pancakes, Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cake, and Chocolate Truffles. If you want to make any of these for Valentine’s Day, feel free to leave a comment and I’ll post a reply with the recipe.

Meanwhile, here are some Valentine-y recipes already posted–my little black book of chocolate-y recipes, if ya will:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

coconut butter candies

Coconut Melties

lavender cream

Lavender Cream Parfait

And of course…

Original Fudge Babies

What are you making for Valentine’s Day?
Or what are you planning to make this week, in general?

Feel free to leave links. You might inspire someone else!

Tags: ,

1. All of your chocolate recipes look fabulous! What would Valentine’s Day be without chocolate?
    I am going to make my husband chocolate waffles for breakfast. :-)

2. Since I have school on Valentine’s Day ( :( ), I won’t be able to make much. I’ll probably just make some sort of a red-colored smoothie using strawberries! But I really wish I could make one of your recipes. Actually, I wish I could make ALL of your recipes! :)

3. abby says:

katie! i’m making your fudge babies!!! :)
    happy valentine’s day!

1. Lisa C. says:

Hahaha Me too! But that’s not special for Valentine’s Day. I make them ALL the time anyway! This week, I’m all about the hot chocolate babies, but who knows what my favorite will be next week! 😉

4. Freya says:

i really, really want a slice of that mousse pie… maybe it could be a valentine’s treat to myself, seeing as no men are on the radar!?

1. The way I look at it:
      no men = more chocolate for us ;).

1. Jennifer says:

Love your philosophy!

5. even though I have a valentine I dont intend on celebrating it. I think V day is overrated. I do intend to go to town with some chocolate though, because chocolate ISNT overrated 😉

6. So it’s official then. February=Valentine’s Month. Yahoooo we can bake yummy treats every day with that as our excuse!! 😀 I can’t wait for your upcoming recipes!!! The pancakes and truffles sound AMAZING, and obviously you know how I feel about the raspberry fudge cake! 😉

7. Thanks for the Valentine’s Round-Up. I’ve been dying to make your vegan cheesecake and chocolate mousse pie. I need to make some more coconut butter ASAP! :-)

8. I’m all about raw raspberry apple sauce right now:

Maybe I’ll try it with cherries to shake it up for V-Day. :)

That truffle oatmeal looks like the perfect way t start the day!

9. YOU ROCK- simply put. I’ve got coconut butter in the mail (I had to specially order it! why is coconut non-existent in this country?!) and i am jumping all over all your recipes once i make some coconut butter from it! SO EXCITED- bookmarking this page so I’m READY when it COMES!

10. YAY YAY YAY i just found out that once my order comes I can make the cookie dough dip! I have vegan cream cheese and choc chips coming!

11. Erika says:

How did I miss this cookie dough dip when you first posted it?!?

12. Im planning on devouring chocolate of any kind…=]
    And maybe make my husband some of these Sundae Pancakes…

13. I love your lavender parfait….looks pretty and droolworthy indeed…I need to get my hands on some agar-agar…

I made a batch of heart-shaped raw brownies for my guy….;-) Hope he likes ’em…

1. abby says:

haha if he doesn’t, i’ll take some! 😉 raw brownies sound sooooo good!

14. Gina says:

I wish I could make all of these for Valentine’s Day! But since it’s just me, myself and I, maybe I’ll pop a single lady cupcake in the microwave :)

15. I plan on making your raspberry truffle oatmeal for breakfast and later that evening after you posted the red velvet recipe, I want to make that! However…. even though they arent pink, I think I might also make my butternut tartlets with coconut butter icing just because they are so cute/delicious/healthy. It anyone wants the link, it is:

16. Jess says:

That sounds fabulous! I can’t wait for those red velvet pancakes. I’ll be having oatmeal (melted banana) tomorrow, and going to try the cookie dough dip, since i have some silken left over.

17. Lauren says:

I want to make all these things! I have cookie dough in the fridge ready to be baked into hearts..hopefully.

18. Leslie says:

I’ve made that cookie dough dip, and fell in love. So maybe I should make another batch. Mmmmmmm yeah, I think I should!

19. Brandie says:

I want to eat ALL OF YOUR pictures! Omg. Can you come cook for me? *giggle*

I’m making for the wee man’s lil party at preschool, and have been thinking of making ‘love bugs’ (courtesy of wing-it-vegan: Aren’t they cute!? I love Mr. Grumpy Pants. That’s me this year HAhahahah!

Since I’m sick this weekend though, I may not get that ambitious :( In which case I’m going to make heart shaped vegan cookies with some all naturally colored pink sprinkles I found new at Whole Foods last week! Unlikely, but a possibility, is that I’ll be VERY ambitious and just do both Lol.

Happy pre-‘”Vegantine’s” Day everyone :)

1. I *heart* River! Her Halloween recipes are the cutest ever. She’s so freakin creative! :)

Feel better :( :( :(

20. I definitely have to make your chocolate peanut butter babies and chocolate cups. YUMMMM!

I have to work on my smoothing technique.

I hope to go out to dinner tomorrow, but today I am making Valentine’s Day Eve Mama Pea Sloppy Josephine’s. :)

Thank you for your compliment on Averie’s blog!! <3

1. You’re very welcome. I really meant it; I was VERY impressed!!!

21. These aren’t exactly for Valentine’s Day since I won’t be sharing them with anybody..but I do want to make some sort of cookie today! :)

22. angie says:

I’ve baked a ton of great things! Also made some homemade trail mix!

23. Mary says:

I’m making fudge babies and cutting them out into hearts :).

24. I’m making pasta with a tomato cream (vegan) sauce!

1. I didn’t answer your questions :) Tonight we are celebrating at home (we don’t have a ton of time in the evening during the week). I am making Oh She Glows’ Vegan Alfredo (yum!!!) over brown rice noodles, and I’m still figuring out dessert!

25. Not making anything special for V-Day. I bought all chocolates. Not much, but just a few things to give Skylar. But i did make valentines/cards for 18 friends of hers that she’s having a party with tomorrow. That was an undertaking :)

All your recipes look wonderful…thank you for all the reminders.

My sweet tooth is calling now :)

1. Wow. You’re amazing. Haha how on earth do you find the time in the day to be so amazing?!

26. Fudge + chocolate fudge cake = getting in mah belly. I just went to a raw lunch and had the BEST chocolate cake in the world, I am recreating it as soon as I can get my hands on a million medjools:)

27. bitt says:

I’ve wanted to make some fudge! I can’t use your recipe because the hubby is allergic to banana but I am sure I’ll find something else. 😉

1. I haven’t posted this yet, but I actually like it BETTER than the banana version:
      Chocolate Raspberry Fudge:
      -4T coconut butter (60g)
      -80g raspberries
      -scant 1/16th tsp salt
      -agave to taste (my testers liked 1 and 1/2 to 2 T… I liked 0 to 1/2T)
      -8tsp cocoa powder (16g)
      I like to use frozen, then melted, raspberries.

28. BroccoliHut says:

Sadly, I have absolutely no plans for Valentine’s Day. Perhaps I’ll make myself a choco-berry protein shake or something.

29. Moni'sMeals says:

bless you for all these recipes Katie!
    Yes, the whole month of Feb is Valentine’s Day. :)

30. Can I move in with you? I’ll do chores in exchange for chocolate :)

1. Hmmm… I guess I can share some of my chocolate if you vacuum for me. I LOATHE that chore! 😉

31. emma says:

what a great selection of recipes sweetie! i hope to see a “Chocolate Covered” recipe book on my shelf one day 😉 big hugs x

1. Huge hugs back!
      And you will. 😉

32. I want one of everything here :) Love me some chocolate!!

33. Gloria says:

All your recipes look gorgeous! You’re such a great photographer. I’ll take any excuse to eat more chocolate covered things… Valentine Month it is! For Valentine’s Day, I made chocolate covered strawberry macaroons for all of my friends, family, and co-workers. I think you would love them!! They’re not too sweet at all. I’m sure you could bake them in the oven on low if you don’t have a dehydrator.

1. Gah, those look amazing! Sad secret, though: I don’t like shredded coconut! Weird, right? But thanks for a new blog to stalk lol!

34. Megan says:

I suddenly have an intense craving for chocolate.
    Why is that? 😉

1. Haha I can’t tell you… I don’t really know how it feels to NOT be craving chocolate ;).

35. Angel says:

I think February = Valentine’s month is great, too. I am hoping you will still post the Brownie Batter Pudding and Skinny Fudge Babies recipes. I LOVE the amounts the recipes make. Just the right size to satisfy cravings for yummy stuff without overindulging. Thanks!

1. Oh yes, those are definitely still on the menu as well! There seriously needs to be more time in the day!

36. my boyfriend and i are making tilapia and shrimp!

37. You have some of the best desserts in the blogosphere! 😉

38. Kathleen says:

I’d love to make the Red-Velvet Pancakes tomorrow! They sound UhMazing! :)

Oh gosh Katie! I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

1. Aw thank YOU. You’re way to sweet to me!

39. Namaste Gurl says:

No plans nor cooking plans for vday- student like is taking over my schedule!
    I did, however, make a yummy vday inspired protein shake, and I plan to make chocolate- coconut raspberry oatmeal in the morning!

40. I made a big recipe of these sugar free strawberry jigglers a few days ago:
    And the large heart shown in this picture is still waiting patiently in the fridge for tomorrow :)
    Besides that, there will definitely be a lot of chocolate involved, and my boyfriend got me roses and took me to a farm sanctuary today for V-day so tomorrow he gets whatever he wants cooked for him for dinner.

41. whitney says:

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I made a chocolate-covered strawberry smoothie, yum!

42. All of those things look delicious! I’ve already got my menu planned out…and will probably blog it tomorrow morning…but there’s certainly no reason I can’t make some of them as treats later this week (:

43. Bobby says:

Red velvet pancakes! Don’t know if you posted it, but once I read “red velvet pancakes” I panicked and had to ask quick like a bunny.

1. Here ya go! (I’m also posting the recipe–with lots of photos–tomorrow.)

Red Velvet Pancakes for One

* 2T flour (I used 20g whole-wheat pastry)
      * 2T plus 1tsp oat bran (20g) (you can sub flour)
      * red food coloring (Or see: Food Coloring Alternatives)
      * 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
      * scant 1/8 tsp salt
      * 2T cocoa powder
      * 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
      * 1/3 cup plus 1T nondairy milk (95g, or more, if needed)
      * optional: 1-2 T sugar (I left it out. If using liquid sweetener, decrease milk accordingly)

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet and mix. Then make your pancakes! (Makes 5-6)

44. Cat says:

I just made some homemade hummus and then tonight I’ll be making a barley-escarole “risotto”, some stir-fries during the week and possibly some Apple Pie Pudding tonight too!

45. Alyson says:

I just celebrated with chocolatey oats, followed by Justin’s Chocolate Peanut Butter along with some Endangered Species Extreme Dark Chocolate. :) I don’t recall any other chocolate that day, unfortunately! 😉 Hahahaha. But, I can make up for it! I just want to make a chocolate based dinner party. Everything must have chocolate! 😉