Snickerdoodles for Breakfast

My appetite is a raging beast.

Lately, it seems I can’t shovel food in fast enough. I’ve even started bringing raw almonds to munch during class in case I get hungry before lunchtime. Here’s how I fed the raging beast this morning:

cinnamon oatmeal

healthy snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle Oatmeal

I also made a cashew icing—out of cashew butter and almond milk—to drizzle over the oatmeal. It was better than an actual snickerdoodle cookie. Truly, it was! One beast tamed… for now.

But here’s a beast who can’t be tamed:

doginsnow

henrysnow

The formidable Henrymonster! Poor Henry wasn’t so sure he liked the snow.

Questions of the Day:

Are you hungrier on days you don’t exercise?
And do you find that your appetite changes with the seasons?

It’s so weird; even though I probably get less exercise in the winter, I’m always hungrier. Or maybe it’s not so weird. After all, it takes a lot of energy to stay warm! When the weather gets really hot, it sometimes feels like a chore to eat. And I’m definitely hungrier on my rest days… maybe because exercise is an appetite suppressant?

Aside: Such an honor vegan.com featured my Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake!
Thank you so, so much!

1. Albizia says:

The little monster is very cute and stylish like his mommy 😉 .

I’m also hungrier in the winter even though I am less active. As far as I know it’s the same with most people. Aside from seasonal change in appetite, I have noticed that my appetite changes with the change in my activity level but it usually decreases when I move less. Maybe I don’t exercise hard enough to suppress my hunger :)

2. I have a 6 month old baby, and there are some days where I can’t get out to exercise…and those days are SO hard, because when I am home..I just want to snack all day! lol

3. Camille says:

I wouldn’t say that my appetite changes with the seasons, but I do find that in summer if I let myself get too hungry I get very nauseous and dizzy. In winter I am just straight hungry. Blame the heat!

4. it’s so weird, i AM hungrier on days I don’t exercise… Not sure why that is.. I sense some research in my near future

5. Tulika says:

This is pretty hilarious–I’ve been having the same issue with my appetite being out of control lately! (And it’s especially a huge problem when having to go to class and being away from the kitchen, hahaha). I have to agree with you about the wintertime appetite, but for some reason when I work out, I’m def more hungry than on my rest days…weird!

6. Henry is so sweet!

I am definitely hungrier after my workouts! I usually have a big smoothie after a run and then I’ll have some PB toast or something in addition — or else I turn into an absolute ravenous beast!

I tend to eat more in the wintertime — I don’t know if it is for comfort? To keep warm? Because I wish I was a bear hibernating? Not sure!

Congrats on being on Vegan.com!

1. abby says:

lololol i wanna be a bear. they’re so lazy! plus furry and cute. probably not so cute, close up though lol.

7. Jennifer JCD says:

Yay for your recipe on vegan.com!

I agree, my hunger levels change due to exercise and the weather too. I think most people are affected that way. My appetite can also change if I’m stressed about something.

1. Jenny says:

I agree with you, as well! And I’m just another one of those people that gets affected that way.

A lot of my friends say they feel hungrier when they’re stressed, but I rarely feel like eating when I’m stressed (rather, I have a decrease in appetitite…).

8. Leslie says:

Mmm Mmm cashw butter icing sounds like the… well, the icing on the cookie oatmeal! :)

1. Leslie says:

Oh, and Henry is TRES adorable!

9. Laura says:

Studies have shown that vigorous aerobic exercise suppresses your production of ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates appetite, so it makes sense that you’d be hungrier on rest days.

10. Lisa C. says:

Aww, where can I get me a Henry?

11. Aaah snickerdoodles…mmm….! I’m just hungry all the time. Period! 😛

YAY you are even more famous now than you were before!! Autograph please? 😉

12. I tend to be hungrier when I workout. On the days I run, I feel like I eat half of my pantry!

13. I usually am more hungry on days when I don’t exercise – or on days when I lift weights. or when I run. Actually, I’m just hungry all the time.

1. abby says:

lol and +1 to this!

14. eatandrun says:

Your breakfast looks delicious!

15. I’m always hungrier the day after a hard workout:)

16. ellis says:

I’m usually hungriest the day after I run a lot. (And by “a lot” I mean five miles or so…I’m no “runner”!)

I’m not very hungry directly after a run, but a few hours later I always crave some sort of protein-rich snack.

1. abby says:

5 miles is a lot to me! i can go… 2? sometimes? on my good days lol.

1. ellis says:

lol I ran 3 miles this morning and it totally drained me…and coincidentally I’m pretty hungry right now…

17. I eat about as much on days I work out as on days I don’t. my appetite varies a lot but I also go through periods where I’m ravenous :p

18. Girl, my appetite is a raging beast lately too!! But I am definitely hungrier on days I exercise..it’s like I’m hungry non-stop!

And I love all things cinnamon! I haven’t had a snickerdoodle in forevssss

19. Hannah says:

I feel like it’s a chore to eat when it’s hot out too. My appetite definitely goes down in the summer. I also feel like I’m hungrier on days when I don’t work out…..or maybe I’m just bored, haha.

20. abby says:

yup, i’m always hungrier in the dead of winter, when i’m stuck in my house all day with nowhere to go and nothing to do but eat eat eat!