Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

10 Minutes to Raw Lasagna?

Guess what…

I have a Cake Batter Milkshake idea!

Lemme play around with the recipe a little, and hopefully I’ll be ready to post something delicious in the next two weeks. For now, how does one get raw lasagna in 10 minutes?

Easy: Call ahead and order it to-go, from Bliss Raw Cafe.

bliss dallas vegan

Raw Lasagna

Okay, so that’s a cheater answer. One of these days, I’m going to have to figure out how to make my own raw lasagna. But for now, as a lazy college student, this is just so much easier.

zucchini lasagna

Spending Saturday morning shopping in Dallas left no time to prepare lunch.

No prob: I just hit up my local fast-food joint, Bliss Raw Cafe.

raw vegan lasanga

McDonalds got nuthin’ on this meal. Winking smile

A few hours later, I kept it real raw, by snacking on:

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge

Normally, I try to vary my diet, and that includes snacks. But I think I’ve eaten this fudge every single day for the past week (or two?). Hey, at least I’m choosing different flavors. That counts as variety, right??

What are your favorite snacks?

Other current favorites of mine (they change all the time) include kabocha mousse, cookie dough homemade Larabars, and peanut butter on apples.

Tags: ,

1. yum, that lasagna looks sooo good!

2. That lasagna looks delicious! I’ve never even heard of “raw lasagna” before.
    My favorite snacks are raw veggies and hummus, apples and nut butter, Larabars, yogurt, and string cheese. :-)

3. Disturbed says:

Grapefruit is like my one and only snack. I love it.
    Though right now I am enjoying Purely Decadent Cherry Nirvana vegan ice cream. So freaking amazing. Speaking of which, I am so excited about the new milkshake recipe. Hopefully I can eat/drink it-calories still freak me out even with me recovering so I have to take small steps.

4. Jennifer JCD says:

I just blended up some frozen mango with a splash of orange juice and it made the nicest yummiest mango sorbet for snack. Another favourite in our house is sauteed broccoli with a little hot sauce.

5. Freya says:

I’m a sucker for yogurt and cereal – dull but delicious! Or black bean brownies, from Happy Herbivore…I LOVE them :)

6. Gen says:

That lasagna looks yummy!!!!!
    My favorite snacks are granola bars, bananas w/ pb, and green monster smoothies! =D

7. I wish I had that cafe by my house! :) I am a hummus snacker. Anything I can find I dip it in hummus! It’s an obsession lol

8. Wait I would love love love to have a raw restaurant nearby! Unforch the only one I’ve been to was in DC:(

My favorite snacks are fruit with almonds/almond butter, hummus and raisins in a bowl, homemade Katebars, and veggies with hummus! Oh and tons of raisins duh:)

9. i see NO problem whatsoever about eating fudge everyday…
    raw lasagna sounds AMAZING– and im extremely curious as to how they make it..!
    my fav snack.. OBVI a banana with pb… and well.. one is sitting in front of me RIGHT NOW.. how convenient!

10. Änne says:

Currently there´s nothing better than a nice cup of black tea with oatmilk and one of my huge fat chunky chocolate cookies I made a few weeks ago…luckily I was wise enough to make lots of them 😉

1. Did you make enough to send some to me, through the internet screen? 😉

1. Änne says:

The cookie is on his way 😉

2. Oh my gosh, CUTEST email ever! You are so sweet. And the recipe looks delicious too. Thank you so much for thinking of me :).

11. Hannah says:

ooh wow that looks so good! it must be great to be near a city for variety. Are there many vegan restaurants in Dallas?
    snackers I’m currently loving are definitely raw carrots and any kind of nut butter; I’ll eat it on anything.
    I’m super excited to try your Banana butter and I’ll have to let you know how it goes : )

1. There are! Surprising, huh? Well, ok, it’s not like NYC… but this is Texas we’re talking about–Cattle Country–and yet there’s even an entirely-vegan store here now. More and more “vegan-ness” is cropping up here every day :).

12. My fave snacks are fruit + almond butter, protein ice cream :), and cereal. When I’m at work/on-campus I typically pack a protein shake or larabar type of snack!

Btw, that raw lasagna looks amazing! I’m tempted to recreate it!

1. Please do! And then post the recipe so I can make it ;).

13. Albizia says:

We don’t have such a place so I have to find my own alternative of McDonalds. I don’t follow any snacking patterns but I think I mostly snack on fruit, fiber crackers, banana chips and nuts. Keeping it simple :) .

14. Jean says:

I hope you will share the lasagna recipe soon, looks wonderful and I’ve never had anything like it. Will be planting lettuce and spinach soon, later tomatoes and basil, what else do you think I’ll need?

1. Pistachios and pine nuts! It has the best pine nut-pistachio pesto filling!

15. Mmm, that looks so fresh and juicy :)

Favorite snacks of mine include popcorn and fro yo. Simply the best, for me

16. Picky Nicky says:

If I had that fudge lying around, I’d be eating it everyday too :)
    Because the sourdough bread that I buy comes in such small slices, I like to make nut butter sandwiches as snacks! It’s so good 😀 Sometimes I add figs, or fresh fruit slices inside!

17. Stefanie says:

The lasagna looks really good. My favorite snack right now is mushrooms topped with hummus. :)

18. Gina says:

Cake batter milkshake?! Cake batter = LOVE!
    Can’t wait for the recipe :)

19. Kabocha mousse?! That sounds amazing!

Lately I’ve been turning snack monster on a baggie of homemade trail mix I made. Just a mixture of Kashi Go Lean, pretzels, raisins, almonds and sunflower seeds…ok and maybe I threw in a handful of chocolate chips too! Gotta have balance right?

20. Lisa says:

mmm fav snacks? chocolate chocolate chip muffins :) :) and i really love yogurt & granola parfaits. oh, and big scoops of peanut butter from the jar, of course :p

21. That lasagna looks delicious! I sometimes have the same cheater answer 😉

My favorite snack is 7 grain toast spread with peanut butter or coconut butter and chocolate chips … or fruit!!

22. nadia@ says:

that lasagna looks so good!! I’d love to see you eating it with chopsticks 😉
    they are also my utensil of choice- it making eating so much easier/fun than using forks and spoons right?
    I try not to snack too much as it seems to bother my overall digestion but if I had to choose one it would be : dark chocolate. :)

23. That raw lasagna looks tasty! My favorite snack is cheese. I seem to gravitate to that pretty often!

24. I’ve been loving oranges lately. So much, in fact, that I just bought a huge bag of them. Will definitely be enjoying them a lot for the next few days!

25. Me says:

Do you ever eat at Spiral Diner?

26. Simple sliced apples with nut butter is one of my favorite snacks right now, too. Sometimes the simplest snack is the best kind!

27. Fave snacks = nuts, nearly empty nut butter jars, Larabars, fruit….all the usual suspects. Though if I made that fudge I feel like it wouldn’t last long enough to eat as a snack!!

28. Favorite snacks right now include Greek yogurt, super dark chocolate, Larabars, raw almonds, apple chips…I’m getting hungry!!!

29. Fave snacks…popcorn, chocolate, hot sweet coffee, fresh fruit/veggies, just depends what I am in the mood for.

I love the looks of the raw lasagna! You know, in all the raw things I’ve made, I’ve never done it! I have made cucumber wraps (and almost shaved my thumb off w/ my mandolin), have made raw marinara sauce + raw zuke noodles for raw spaghetti, but never in lasagna form. Need to try it..soon!

Enjoy your Sunday :)

30. I HAVE to make that choc PB fudge!! Looks AMAZING!! And it’s variety, so it’s toally okay 😉

I just had my fave snacks- fudge babies and a bowl of brocolli- can’t beat it! 😀

1. lol did you eat them together? ’cause that kinda sounds good, actually… :)

31. bitt says:

raw lasagna is pretty easy. you need a good pesto sauce, sliced tomatoes, marinara, and a raw cheese sauce you like. then slice the zucchini noodles and you’re set! if you have raw food real world, it’s got a great recipe in there.

1. I don’t have that book, but if you recommend it, I must check it out! I trust you, girl! :)

1. bitt says:

well to be honest it is one of the only things I make in it, a lot of it is complicated. after I wrote this I thought maybe I’d make a raw lasagna the way I’d like it (like with no sundried tomatoes). if I do, I will post about it.

32. I don’t think variety is needed when fudge is involved :)

33. That raw lasgna looks so good!
    My favorite snack is trail mix. Sort of simple and boring but delicious.

34. Namaste Gurl says:

I still need to make/ try your naughty fudge! Then again, it does contain coconut and chocolate, which is right up my ally:)
    favorite snacks differ…. fruit + veggies and nut butter, coconut butter melties, chia- cocoa pudding, smoothies, nuts + dried fruit, larabars….

1. Yes, you especially will LOVE it!

P.S. Did you ever post my coconutty guest post? :)

35. I love air popped popcorn and green smoothies!

36. Oh YUM! I am totally into Lasagna that takes 10 minutes!!! YEAH! And your Chocolate Fudge sounds divine! 😀

37. BroccoliHut says:

My current fave snack is wasabi peas–crunchy, spicy, salty–YUM.

38. You totally psyched me out! :) I was so hoping for a recipe. Keep tweaking that milkshake, I can’t wait!!

39. Jess says:

you’re right about the kabocha; i finally cooked it tonight using your method, and it tasted great. Next on my list is lucuma. i’ve been snacking on a lot of green things lately, but my favorite foods are sweet; i go for the homemade larabars or something less healthy.

1. Lucuma? I’ve never had that! Off to google…

40. Tara says:

Ahhh I’ve been dying to try raw lasagna since seeing it on food blogs! We don’t have any raw restaurants around here. I guess I could try making my own, but I don’t feel like putting the work in to it to be honest. There’s something special about going out for gourmet raw food anyway!

So excited for that milkshake! I tried the mint one this morning, you should get a notification! I LOVED it. I raved about it to everyone today!!! Totally my new favorite snack. I also love hummus wraps and cereal as snacks.

41. glidingcalm says:

I’m dying to try raw lasagna!!!

1. *Sends some across the internet hehe*

42. my favorite snacks are oranges, watermelon, peaches, raw walnuts and iced coffee. :)

43. You’re right, MickyD’s got nothin’ on that awesome fresh meal! Droolll I can’t blame you for eating the fudge everyday haha! And btw–I love the shirt you got from your other post! Very cute indeed <3

44. I want a cookie dough milkshake! That raw lasagna looks soo delicious. I have so many favorite snacks… I actually really love your fudge babies! So sad I don’t have a food processor anymore!! I do have a Magic Bullet but I don’t think that would work..??

1. Good news, dearest Megan! It DOES work!! In fact, it’s my blender-of-choice for the babies! A few tips: don’t make more than one batch at a time, and use sunsweet or sunmaid dates (the really soft kind you can usually find pre-packaged at the regular grocery store, next to the raisins).
      It’s so much easier than a vita-mix to get all the dough out! :)

45. Ohhh man, this looks amazing. Next time I’m in Dallas, I HAVE to go to Bliss Cafe!

46. Dips have been the name of my snacking game lately! Oh, and dates filled with peanut butter, love!

47. Kate says:

I really like having fruit as a snack and am especially obsessed with durian now! I found it in an Asian supermarket & now can’t get enough of it…

I haven’t been to Bliss yet, but I want to. I am always craving Snappy Salads so I don’t try that many restaurants over there…have you ever been to Snappy Salads? Very addictive for just a salad!

1. I’ve never heard of it! Off to google…

48. emma says:

Mmmmmmmm! Beam me some of that raw lasagne! Looks fab!

49. ooh this lasagna looks amazing and the fudge too yum-o!

50. Dorry says:

I love your blog, Katie! I’m in Dallas, too. And it’s hard for me to believe, but I’ve haven’t been to Bliss before. My favorite snacks are apple slices with peanut or almond butter – and sprinkle of cinnamon always! Also love to place some dark chocolate chips on the almond butter…:)

1. Helloooo fellow Dallas-ite hehe :).

51. shannonmarie says:

I’m a big larabar fan. I also snack on fruit, raw nuts and smoothies. I love all things sweet. I think the different flavors count as variety in my book.

52. Jen Daniels says:

Hi Katie! I use your blog ALL the time to make healthy snacks for my kids (4, 2, 1), so thank you! And of course I benefit from the snack action too 😉 I am living in IL but am from Texas and was wondering if you had ever been to the Spiral Diner in Fort Worth? It’s a seriously delicious vegan cafe. So good. Just thought I’d recommend it if you had never been there. Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of your recipes, it helps out crazy, busy mommas like me probably more than you know! I appreciate ya!