Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Breaking News: Dessert Pizza Cake!

But first: Thank You!

Truly, heartfelt thanks for your sweet comments on my photo yesterday.

Your compliments mean so much to me. No, not because I’m vain; because I’m self-conscious! It’s terrifying, posting photos of myself on the blog! I’m guessing a lot of y’all probably feel the same way.

And now, big news for pizzerts: Some of y’all have found that your Breakfast Pizzerts, if made the fat-free way, tend to experience separation anxiety when you remove them from the pan. In other words, they stick (or crumble).

pizza cake

This is especially true with the Gluten-Free Pizzert.

Luckily, I found a remedy for this issue: instead of cooking the pizzert in a cake pan, roll the mixture out onto a cookie sheet (lightly sprayed or coated with oil). Separation anxiety cured!

dessert pizza

Using this new method, I made the above pizzert cake for the little sister of a friend. It’s a spelt-and-coconut-flour pizzert half, stacked to look like a cake.

For the icing, I used my incredible Fudge Frosting.

I’d planned on adding sliced strawberries, but the cutie-pie customer insisted: “Spwinkles! Spwinkles!” And since the customer is always right, spwinkles it was. Hey, it’s still healthier than a Dairy Queen blizzard, one of my snacks-of-choice, growing up. (And I turned out ok!)

In-your-face pizzert with the Coconut Fudge Frosting.

Rule of thirds? What’s that?

Did you mispronounce any words when you were little?

I think it’s so cute how my friend’s sister says “spwinkles.” When I was little, I’d tell you my favorite color was “tur-toise” and my favorite food was “brocci.” And my sister would tell you my name was Tatie. We’d have her practice the K sound, but she’d just go like this: K-K-K…Tatie.

Tags: ,

1. Freya says:

Yep, that looks goood!
    I used to say hos-podal instead of hospital, cos my lovely sister told me that’s how you pronounce it :/ hard habit to get out of! Oh, and I used to think it was ‘pellow’, not ‘pilllow’ :p

2. Jennifer JCD says:

Wow, just wow! Yes, you looked gorgeous in that photo yesterday, but the photos today beautiful too! Mmmm… sprinkles!

I don’t think I mispronounced too many words for very long, but I remember learning to count big numbers when I was 4 and 5 and I could get all the way up to 100! Then I thought I was really clever and could count to one hundred ninety-nine followed by one hundred one hundred, one hundred one hundred one… etc. The number TWO hundred didn’t make it into my counting vocabulary for a long time. 😉

3. Katie, these pictures are SO beautiful!! I LOVE the color scheme, holy cow. These are just amazing. Next time we get together I think you need to teach me a thing or two about food photography.. which will require some fun recipe-making, of course. Darn. 😛

1. Sounds tedious… but maybe I could gear up for it. As long as there’s no chocolate. ‘Cause that would just be too much ;).

4. Hannah says:

I love the sprinkles! I had a hard time with “spaghetti” as a child. I said “bisgetti” a lot!

1. Valerie says:

Haha love this! In our house, it’s “psketti.”

5. Valerie says:

Katie, that cake looks incredible! And I agree, a few artificial sprinkles never hurt anyone. The fact that they’re on top of a whole-grain cake made with sugar-free icing? Now THAT is awesome!

6. HOLY MOLY that is beautiful!!! the vibrancy of blue in those sprinkles is AMAZING
    AHAHAH YES.. my brother is called Christopher.. when i was little i called him Fistapher and he called me Cawee… and i still mispronounce his name.. now I just say Chrisher– cuz c’mon 3 syllables is just too too much

7. YUM! That dessert pizza cake is totally an acceptable breakfast, right? 😉

1. Of course! 🙂
      I’ve certainly done it before!

8. GabyE says:

I have yet to try the breakfast pizzert, but I see them in my near future. They look delish!

As for mispronounced words, I used to say tertoo (turtle) , and a bonus – i wrote my ‘y’s backwards for a very long time. haha.

9. Gen says:

Wow!! That looks amazing! =D

10. Rachel says:

I used to say gard-jup (garbage) and used to get the words garage and garbage mixed up all the time. I still sometimes have to think before I say those words, lol.

11. That looks very festive! You are a very creative cook! My son couldn’t say his sisters name which is Katy, it came out Kay-kay! We loved it!

12. Super yummy! I uses to say melk as a kid instead of milk..although I think I still say melk 🙂

13. LOL this question brings back so many memories. I hope I can capture the humor in this comment! So, I essentially grew up learning English and Gujarati (my parents native language) together. Because of that, there were so many times where I would say an English word in a very Indian way. For example, many Indian people pronounce stove st-uh-ve, so I would prounce it that way too. LOL! In high school, my friends and I would review all the words that we misprounce because we grew up first generation American. Good times! Have a great day, Katie!!!

1. I’m always so jealous of kids who learned two languages growing up! I’d rather know two pretty well than only one 100%! I have a friend from Taiwan whose dad always speaks to her in Taiwanese, and she answers in English. Too cool!

14. Hela says:

wow, this looks superb!!! I love the blue sprinkles! but you do, too, don´t ya? 😉
    I used to mispronounce two words, when I was little. one is rather funny. Instead of saying “Mutti” (“Mum” in German) I said “Nutti”, and “Nutte” is meaning “hooker” :D:D
    btw: my friends LOVED the vegan cupcakes!! first they were like “not too bad for a vegan cupcake”, then they were like “it is actually REALLY yummi” and then “can I have another one, please?” 🙂

1. lol oh my gosh, that is hilarious!

1. Hela says:

it is, isn´t it?? I still get teased for that 😉

15. Hannah says:

I used to mess up cinnamon. Cin-na-na-min.

1. hey, that’s a hard word to say lol. I still mess up some words!

16. Hehe 🙂 This goes on the list of recipes-to-make from your blog! You have to slow down so I can catch up, haha 😀
    And omg, Dairy Queen is awesome. I used to love getting the reese cup blizzard in chocolate ice cream. YUmmmmmm
    When I was little (and up until about 10th grade) I always pronounced the state ‘Arkansas’ just the way it was spelled. Until my mom heard me saying it and corrected me. The little boy that I used to nanny says “hostibal” instead of “hospital” Te he 🙂

1. I’d get the mint blizzards. And then of course I had to hold it upside down, because the commercial said it wouldn’t ever fall out. (It never did, but my mom was not pleased that I tried it in the car!)

17. Gosh, that looks just like a slice of cake, only BETTER! 😀 I remember my little sister always calling my dad “Si-wee Daddy!” 🙂

18. YUM! You have the best ideas for turning every meal into a treat. 🙂

My baby sister couldn’t say “Laura” when she was little, so she called me “Wa Wa.” To this day my family calls me “Wa Wa.”

19. katie says:

Your pic on the last post, you look beautiful as ever Katie! : )

I still have not made this pizzert, and good to know now there is a better way to make it!

Looks so good!!!

Happy weekend love! xoxo <3

20. I had a speech impediment as a kid, so I pretty much said everything wrong 🙂 I also said ‘pasketti’ instead of spaghetti!