Peanut Butter Mousse Oats

Sounds all kinds of fun, no?

It all started when I put a scoopful of the following straight into my oatmeal:

pb

Peanut Butter Frosting

Um, wait, but isn’t there a cupcake under there? Nope, not yesterday, there wasn’t! It was frosting, then oatmeal, then frosting. Then oatmeal. And then more frosting! I gobbled down the peanut butter mousse oats in very un-ladylike fashion.

Being ladylike is overrated.

Something else that’s overrated? Spring Forward! Why do we gotta do it? Whine whine whine.

Sometimes I want to move back to China. They don’t do “Spring Forward” there. What’s weird, though, is that the whole country is on a single time zone even though it’s one of the largest countries in the world.

But let’s not dwell on the negative, huh? Here’s some exciting news:

ezekiel waffles

The Food for Life company is now making Ezekiel Waffles?!

Question of the Day:
What do you think about Daylight Saving Time?

I think it’s a pain in the patootie! But I know it’s been proven to help lower our energy consumption. *Le sigh* (Fun trivia: we can blame Ben Franklin for DST.)

1. Hannah says:

oh I feel ya! I got up this morning at 7 and the first words out of my mouth were “oh lord, what time even is it???” It was so dark, and I’m a morning person!! The earth’s axis shifted due to the Earthquake in Japan, did you know? I wonder if it will change the seasons or times or anything….

2. Stefanie says:

I do not like the time change either. It is hard to adjust the first couple of days. The PB mousse oats sound really good.

3. Man I am struggling with DST today!! I really could have used that hour this morning…

4. Christina says:

I totally agree about DLS! On Saturday I had to be at work and hour early because there was a parade in Chicago (I’m a barista at a coffee shop inside the train station on our train line) so I was already weirded out by my *Saturday* starting an hour early…and then it had to go and happen all over again on Sunday! Boooo. Then again, it’s the first time I’ve really had reason to complain for like 3 years, so I’ll take it, lol. But only because I made realllllly good tips on Saturday 😛

5. I felt like I had been hit by a train yesterday. I def so not like the change! Lol

6. Dani says:

I agree with you! So hard losing an hour. It always feels like it’s one of those days where I could have really used extra time too because I have so much to get done, but then again, I’m sure that’s how it would feel any day we lost time. Hopefully, the extra sunshine is worth it! :)

7. Daylight Savings Time — I love it and hate it. I hate being so tired for the first week or so of it, but I love having the daylight longer!

That is strange about China, I didn’t know they were in a single time zone!

I want those waffles! Apple Pecan sounds delicious!

1. Yes, it’s SO weird! It was normal daylight hours in Shanghai, but when we went on a trip to a different part of the country, it was literally light outside at four o’clock in the morning!

8. I think I am more in tune with this time. I never really got in to the last time change. I know that sounds weird, but I just felt off the whole time. I hope you have a great week!

9. I wish we could stay with “Spring Forward” time all year long! I like it to be bright later. I don’t care if the sun doesn’t come up till 8:30, if the sun will be out after 5!

1. I know there are initiatives being considered (at least in Cali) to just have one DST every year. I’d like that much better!

10. Jennifer JCD says:

I prefer sunshine in the mornings, so I’m not a fan of daylight time at all. Sure, the sun stays out late, but in the summer the sun sets after midnight so it’s not like we wouldn’t get evening sunshine without changing our clocks. After living in the dark all winter, having that sunshine in the morning is sooo nice… and then they take it away. *sigh* I wish I lived in Saskatchewan; they don’t have daylight time there either.

I never knew that all of China is in the same time zone. That would be rather convenient, but the sunlight hours would be messed up for a lot of people. Does everyone still wake up and go to school/work at the samt time, even if they live on opposite ends of the country? Huh, interesting.

1. Yup! When I lived in Shanghai, daylight was normal… but we once went on a trip to a different part of the country, and it was literally light outside at four o’clock in the morning!

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Neat! I love learning new things like this. Thanks for sharing. It’s bright at 4 AM here in the summers too but that’s for a whole other reason. 😉

11. AAAH PB mousse oats?! GENIUS I totally HAVE to do that soon!! 😀

We aren’t switching till next week here in England…I HATE losing an hour of my day!! But on the positive, it means breakfast comes sooner…! :)

12. I’m convinced the only way I can deal with this whole spring forward time change is to make some of your peanut butter frosting. Yup. I do what I can 😉

1. hahaha that’s definitely what got me through the day too!

13. Spring Forward time is one of my favorite times of the year. I HATE going outside after getting off work at 5 p.m. and everything’s all dark. Plus, darkness is awful for shooting photos of dinner. I would love it if we could just skip that Fall Back silliness in the fall though. I like my daylight until 8 p.m., thank you very much.

14. That frosting looks amazing!! You always have such healthy delicious things on here!! :)

15. Lisa says:

mmmm. those waffles look so good. cant wait to try em!!

16. katie says:

I saw your tweet about those waffles! i cant wait to find them!!!

I like daylight savings time spring forward, its lighter out later! yay!

Have a great day! love! xoxo <3

17. Änne says:

*yum* peanut butter musse oats…I know whats for breakfast tomorrow :-)
    I don´t like spring forward, it always confuses my body…and it doesn´t make sense to me either, especially as you mentioned: not all countries participate…

18. I think the extra sunshine is worth it :)

19. Gina says:

I got a horrible 3 hours of sleep last night because of this stupid time change! Grr! Too bad I didn’t awake to these delectable Peanut Butter Mousse Oats, I’m sure my day would be a lot brighter :)

20. Yum on those peanut butter mousse oats!!!