Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Peanut Butter Mousse Oats

Sounds all kinds of fun, no?

It all started when I put a scoopful of the following straight into my oatmeal:

Peanut Butter Frosting

Um, wait, but isn’t there a cupcake under there? Nope, not yesterday, there wasn’t! It was frosting, then oatmeal, then frosting. Then oatmeal. And then more frosting! I gobbled down the peanut butter mousse oats in very un-ladylike fashion.

Being ladylike is overrated.

Something else that’s overrated? Spring Forward! Why do we gotta do it? Whine whine whine.

Sometimes I want to move back to China. They don’t do “Spring Forward” there. What’s weird, though, is that the whole country is on a single time zone even though it’s one of the largest countries in the world.

But let’s not dwell on the negative, huh? Here’s some exciting news:

ezekiel waffles

The Food for Life company is now making Ezekiel Waffles?!

Question of the Day:
What do you think about Daylight Saving Time?

I think it’s a pain in the patootie! But I know it’s been proven to help lower our energy consumption. *Le sigh* (Fun trivia: we can blame Ben Franklin for DST.)

1. Hannah says:

oh I feel ya! I got up this morning at 7 and the first words out of my mouth were “oh lord, what time even is it???” It was so dark, and I’m a morning person!! The earth’s axis shifted due to the Earthquake in Japan, did you know? I wonder if it will change the seasons or times or anything….

2. Stefanie says:

I do not like the time change either. It is hard to adjust the first couple of days. The PB mousse oats sound really good.

3. I’m all for daylight saving when it means staying lighter out longer into the day and evening. :)

Ezekiel 4:9 waffles?!?! AWESOME! Can’t wait to try. Yum!

4. Man I am struggling with DST today!! I really could have used that hour this morning…

5. Ann Claire says:

Ezekial waffles! Ahh I’m so excited about that. I love Ezekial English muffins and waffles are one of my favorite food. I can’t wait until they have them in my grocery store.
    I’m not a big fan of the one night where we lose an hour of sleep, but I love having the sun not go down until late in the day.

6. Christina says:

I totally agree about DLS! On Saturday I had to be at work and hour early because there was a parade in Chicago (I’m a barista at a coffee shop inside the train station on our train line) so I was already weirded out by my *Saturday* starting an hour early…and then it had to go and happen all over again on Sunday! Boooo. Then again, it’s the first time I’ve really had reason to complain for like 3 years, so I’ll take it, lol. But only because I made realllllly good tips on Saturday 😛

7. I felt like I had been hit by a train yesterday. I def so not like the change! Lol

8. Dani says:

I agree with you! So hard losing an hour. It always feels like it’s one of those days where I could have really used extra time too because I have so much to get done, but then again, I’m sure that’s how it would feel any day we lost time. Hopefully, the extra sunshine is worth it! :)

9. Daylight Savings Time — I love it and hate it. I hate being so tired for the first week or so of it, but I love having the daylight longer!

That is strange about China, I didn’t know they were in a single time zone!

I want those waffles! Apple Pecan sounds delicious!

1. Yes, it’s SO weird! It was normal daylight hours in Shanghai, but when we went on a trip to a different part of the country, it was literally light outside at four o’clock in the morning!

10. I think I am more in tune with this time. I never really got in to the last time change. I know that sounds weird, but I just felt off the whole time. I hope you have a great week!

11. I wish we could stay with “Spring Forward” time all year long! I like it to be bright later. I don’t care if the sun doesn’t come up till 8:30, if the sun will be out after 5!

1. I know there are initiatives being considered (at least in Cali) to just have one DST every year. I’d like that much better!

12. Jennifer JCD says:

I prefer sunshine in the mornings, so I’m not a fan of daylight time at all. Sure, the sun stays out late, but in the summer the sun sets after midnight so it’s not like we wouldn’t get evening sunshine without changing our clocks. After living in the dark all winter, having that sunshine in the morning is sooo nice… and then they take it away. *sigh* I wish I lived in Saskatchewan; they don’t have daylight time there either.

I never knew that all of China is in the same time zone. That would be rather convenient, but the sunlight hours would be messed up for a lot of people. Does everyone still wake up and go to school/work at the samt time, even if they live on opposite ends of the country? Huh, interesting.

1. Yup! When I lived in Shanghai, daylight was normal… but we once went on a trip to a different part of the country, and it was literally light outside at four o’clock in the morning!

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Neat! I love learning new things like this. Thanks for sharing. It’s bright at 4 AM here in the summers too but that’s for a whole other reason. 😉

13. I’m dying because of this time change. So exhausted. It’s crazy how much one hour can throw things off!

That peanut butter mousse looks heavenly! On oats? Perfection.

14. AAAH PB mousse oats?! GENIUS I totally HAVE to do that soon!! 😀

We aren’t switching till next week here in England…I HATE losing an hour of my day!! But on the positive, it means breakfast comes sooner…! :)

15. Ilana says:

Katie, I just love you. Every day, reading your blog posts always makes me smile. I might not always comment but I always read – youre so adorable and funny, I just can’t get enough!!
    And now I want peanut butter mousse oats. Off to see what I can do about that.

1. Aww aww aww you are the sweetest! And lol I think your little “under construction” notice is too funny because I am the same way with computers: don’t understand them at all! I’m trying!

16. I’m convinced the only way I can deal with this whole spring forward time change is to make some of your peanut butter frosting. Yup. I do what I can 😉

1. hahaha that’s definitely what got me through the day too!

17. Spring Forward time is one of my favorite times of the year. I HATE going outside after getting off work at 5 p.m. and everything’s all dark. Plus, darkness is awful for shooting photos of dinner. I would love it if we could just skip that Fall Back silliness in the fall though. I like my daylight until 8 p.m., thank you very much.

18. That frosting looks amazing!! You always have such healthy delicious things on here!! :)

19. Lisa says:

mmmm. those waffles look so good. cant wait to try em!!

20. katie says:

I saw your tweet about those waffles! i cant wait to find them!!!

I like daylight savings time spring forward, its lighter out later! yay!

Have a great day! love! xoxo <3

21. Änne says:

*yum* peanut butter musse oats…I know whats for breakfast tomorrow :-)
    I don´t like spring forward, it always confuses my body…and it doesn´t make sense to me either, especially as you mentioned: not all countries participate…

22. I think the extra sunshine is worth it :)

23. Gina says:

I got a horrible 3 hours of sleep last night because of this stupid time change! Grr! Too bad I didn’t awake to these delectable Peanut Butter Mousse Oats, I’m sure my day would be a lot brighter :)

24. Sarah says:

Peanut butter frosting? How have I not tried this yet?! You are way too clever for your own good.

And I agree about the whole springing forward thing. It was so demotivating to think that I was getting up early to be responsible and get lots of work done only to remember that I had “lost” an hour. :(

25. Yum on those peanut butter mousse oats!!!

26. bitt of raw says:

I often use peanut butter or other nut butters AS a frosting. I love it that much.

Daylight savings this time of year is nice because of the later nights, and I tend to be a night person anyhow. Once I get past the initial adjustment of sleep, etc that is.

27. I don’t mind changing our clocks but really dont quite see the point in DST. I mean, once the days actually catch up to being the right amount of light/dark during the’s time to change the clocks again!

28. GabyE says:

I hate daylight savings. If you want more daylight, wake up earlier! don’t randomly change time!

That oatmeal sounds delish! And I want those waffles right now! Oh emm geee!

29. Wowie Ezekiel waffles awesome! I just got some organic path? valley? something like that, waffles (buckwheat) and it was so good~~

30. Jess says:

we only figured out later yesterday that DST started. I used to get mixed up, and actually thought “fall back” was DST, since the days were getting shorter. Same with Cayman though, they don’t practice DST either, especially considering how close they are to the equator.

31. I just posted earlier about DST. I do like the lighter evenings but losing an hour…sucked! It wasnt even the sleep. It was the loss of productivity for that hour! I felt behind, rushed and scrambling all day on Sunday!

The frosting on those cupcakes. Oh my. Yes please. I love a little cake/muffin with my frosting portion :)

32. I hate DST. I lived in AZ for 7 years and they are one of the few states that don’t do it. It was so nice!

33. “Being ladylike is overrated”

If this were Facebook I would “like” that bit 😉

34. Gen says:

We don’t change time either…..but its because we’re 9 degrees south of the equator!
    Those oats sound amazing!!!

35. I love springing forward, but hate falling back :) I like the fact that it’s lighter out longer now (read: I get to eat dinner outside on the patio furniture, and not in the dark, gloomy kitchen!) It also reminds me of the long days of summer, when it doesn’t get dark until about 9 :) Peanut Butter frosting sounds like the kind of thing I need right now! YUMMO

36. Ezekiel waffles?! Be still my heart! I was actually mulling over the waffle options at Whole Foods today and just couldn’t pull the plug because they all seemed to come up a tad too short in the nutritional department. But Ezekiel waffles? That’s something I could get behind.

37. Kelly says:

I love daylight savings! To me, it’s more than worth it to lose that hour if my evening runs are more well-lit. :)

1. lol I’m in the opposite boat as a morning runner! 😕

38. Efka says:

I really dont like this changing the clock thing. we have this coming up in a couple weeks here.

39. EZIEKIAL waffles! oh if only i lived in the US id been jumping up and down for that one– daylight savings is just WEIRD.. i mean time in general is WEIRD.. while its nighttime for me now. its the afternoon for those in the US.. and the fact that our daylight savings is not until 2 weeks.. SO WEIRD..

also… i dont think i could have used the word ‘weird’ more times in that comment

1. Weirdo!
      Hehe just kidding. You’d better know by now how much I *heart* u.

40. Namaste Gurl says:

I love the major pros about it: Darker later, longer days, etc…. but the cons really put me back and have definitely hit me harder than usual: Darker in morning, less sleep, etc. Arg.

41. I didn’t realise you’d changed your clocks already… Ours don’t go forward for another week or two and I can’t wait! Extra daylight in the evenings = happy me :-)

42. Luciana says:

I work out in the morning, so today was pretty difficult! Our dog wouldn’t even look at me! I am really glad to be heading home with some daylight left, though.

I’m going to have to keep an eye out for those waffles!

43. not gonna lie, getting up for 20mins of yoga this morning was rough it was so dark :(

44. That’s funny we were just talking earlier today about the time change…. We don’t like it AND it’s really hard on little ones– my daughter has a hard time adjusting. I don’t understand how it helps save on energy. Did you read somewhere about how it does? I was going to google it because I am definitely pro saving energy!!

We lived in Arizona for a couple of years, they don’t change their time. Neither does Hawaii

1. This is the article I found:

It made me sad… it’s harder to hate DST when I know it’s so good for us. lol

45. Ally Hudson says:

I agree! I am having a really hard time adjusting to waking up when it is dark outside! I have to be at work by 7:30 a.m., so my 6:15 a.m. alarm starts buzzing when it is still pitch black outside! YUCK!

46. Raquel says:

To chime in – I HATE DST! I would take normal hours to feel like a normal person! The days will get longer no matter what we do. :)

Mmmm, this looks yummy!

47. yumyumyum!! can’t wait til these hit shelves too! are you at expo west??

1. Oh I wish! I’m just oogling all the amazing products from afar!

48. Disturbed says:

I. Hate. It.
    I say split the time in half and leave it alone.

49. Kianni says:

Strangely, I didn’t mind the time change at all, it’s only been what..a day or two?- I didn’t really even notice. Except it was darker when I woke up..and stayed that way for an hour longer. I go running at 5 in the morning…so the sun didn’t come up ’til 7. I guess I’ll be sticking to close routes to home, until the sunrise is earlier. But i think it actually energized me, or kept me more alert. ^.^””

50. I love Spring Ahead because of the sunlight later in the day, but Fall Back is just plain dreary. Have a great week Katie! :-)

51. I want that! It looks so good!

52. Angie says:

Ezekiel Waffles?! Must try!

53. Kristie says:

I was just a little sad to lose a whole hour to the precious weekend Sunday. I don’t seem to have toooo much trouble adjusting though. And I’m definitely digging the laster sunset times, it was a gorgeous LONG sunny day today!

54. BroccoliHut says:

Ezekiel waffles?! That news is totally the highlight of my day:)
    I’m not such a fan of DST–it makes it so that it’s darker in the morning. Not ideal running conditions!

55. carolinebee says:

I went to bed at 8:30…aka 9:30 pm on Saturday to avoid the plague of DST!! ;D I had to wake up super early on Sunday, so I was nice and chipper! The one thing i DO enjoy is that it stays so light in the evening, before it was getting dark at about 4:30….which only increased my grandma-like ways haha ;D

56. Albizia says:

I like having a longer day so I don’t mind the change (even though we haven’t changed the time yet here). And it’s always dark when I wake up anyway :) . One hour is not a problem but I am still wondering how my body will react when I go 7 hours forward in April.

57. I don’t mind Spring Forward as much (after I adjust) only because we get more daylight and it’s a reminder that spring is around the corner. Fall Back, on the otherhand, is a different story!

58. Cat says:

Haha for about a month I go around thinking “I have to wake up at 6, but really it’s 5am!!”. Then eventually I stop internally whining and am happy it’s lighter out than usual when I get out of work. It’s soo hard to get used to it right away though for me!

Ezekial waffles? That is a must try!

59. i hate hate hate spring forward!!! fall back on the other hand… :)

60. Holy crap… I will someday be able to top an Ezekiel waffle with So Delicious Greek yogurt? My head is spinning at the possibilities! :)

61. shannonmarie says:

My daughter loves tofu blended with peanut butter. Maybe I can get her to eat it with oatmeal. Good idea.

I hate the whole spring forward thing, too. I miss the earlier sunrise and I’m still trying to adjust to the new time, especially when it comes to eating. I eat at the new time and then my internal clock wants to eat again one hour later. Ridiculous.

My family loves Ezekiel bread. I need to find those waffles.

62. Haha, I am not surprised that the Blueberry Ezekiel Waffles are out. :) They would be the best ones. :)

I’m totally not feeling the DST, but I’ll get over it……after a big bowl of your Peanut Butter Mouuse. 😀

63. Jessi says: