Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Honey, I shrunk the Reeses

They’re now perfect for your training bra!

I love playing jokes.

This year, I spared you all (You’re welcome!), but my poor real-life friends were not so lucky…

Yesterday, three friends came over for some homemade Vegan Reeses Cups.

I started by melting a frozen PMS Chocolate Bar into mini liners.

(You can use any chocolate bar.)

Then, instead of adding peanut butter, I opted for my favorite Cashew Butter.

The resulting little guys were amaze! That’s right: amaze. So good, plain amazing just wouldn’t cut it. Mini cashew-butter 32-C cups!!!

For a specific recipe, see this post: 32-C Chocolate Cups.

But wait, what about the joke?? Ah yes… well, you see, one of the mini cups was not filled with cashew butter.

There’s Mustard in my Reeses!

One of my friends was unfortunate enough to bite into a mustard-filled mini reeses. (I thought about filling them all with mustard… but honestly, what a waste of chocolate that would’ve been!) It was so funny, because she’s the type of girl who never wants to hurt anyone’s feelings. So rather than spit it right out, she kept eating the offending morsel, trying not to grimace. After a few bites, though, I had to tell her. She could not stop laughing!

Did you play any April Fools jokes?
Or did anyone else play one on you, yesterday?

Normally, I’m proud of the fact that it’s very hard to trick me on April Fools Day. (Maybe this is just because my family thinks of ridiculous jokes. Um, snow in Texas in April? Yeah, like I’m going to fall for that!) But yesterday, I think I fell for every single joke I saw on Twitter, from “Paula Deen is a vegan!” to “So-and-so blogger is moving!” to “So-and-so blogger is giving up blogging.” Yup, I fell for them all. So ashamed… lol.

Oh, and in case you didn’t know: I’m pregnant.

1. Jojo says:

Haha, love the prank you played on your friends! It’s funny when only one person gets the mustard one, especially when your other friends are saying how good they are 😀 Those 32-C cups look delish, haha that sounds so wrong. But cashew has to be my favorite nut, so I’ll have to make these!
    I’m not a prankster, but I did try to fool one of my friends yesterday. We were planning on going out to eat to celebrate her birthday, and I told her in a serious tone, that I didn’t feel like going out that night. Now, she knows that I love eating, so she got all worried and asked me why. And I was like, “because….. it’s APRIL FOOLS!” :D:D:D

2. emily says:

great prank, Katie!
    btdubs, these look really good! i just need to stock up on coconut oil, so i can make some. 🙂

3. HA I would’ve totally falled for your preganant one!! I am SO bad- I fall for every joke!! Mainly cos I totally forgot it was April Fools, so I believed EVERYTHING!! 😛

And I think I’m going to make those TONIGHT. This is obviously a theme. You post a recipe, I make it an hour or so later, and lie in a state of CCK-recipe-induced bliss 🙂

4. Angel says:

I have a bunch of kids and life gets BUSY. They love edible pranks, but life does not always work for getting said edible pranks set up exactly ON April 1st sometimes, soooo, part of our prank is that they never know exactly when Mom is going to get around to it – just that it’ll happen. SO much fun to do, though, that we look forward to it all year.

5. Oh gosh that would be soooo gross!! I hate mustard haha. I tricked my mom, I told the story on my blog!!! It was a good one 🙂

6. LOL, great prank!! I hate mustard so that would have worked really well on me, haha. My april fools day was pretty boring.. But I did fall for a few online.. for a few minutes at least 😀

7. I think cashew butter would be amaze (amazing) in these. I love it and it is so decadent. I fell for a couple of jokes yesterday about a friend being pregnant, but I wised up as soon as I said something to her…I felt like an idiot. Oh well, I guess it was that day!

8. Haha. Mustard and chocolate…what a lovely combination! Glad you had some sucessful pranks. I usually go all-out on April Fool’s Day, but this year I couldn’t really think of anything so I kept telling everyone that I have a “really big prank” planned. Yes, my big prank was no prank at all. Lame, right? 😉

9. Haha that’s so funny! Your poor friend trying to eat the mustard cup! I didn’t get any really good pranks in, but I’m making a mental note of this one for next year! 😉

10. Gen says:

hahahahaha how funny!!!! 😀
    Seriously, though, those cashew butter reeses sound awesome!

11. HAHAHAHA love the mustard prank!!!!! i defi did the lttle im giving up blogging.. i thought it was so original.. but i guess that goes to show how my little bloggin experience is a wee bit obvious.. hehe

12. katie says:

The mustard prank was funny! I didnt think you would really make that!!!

Now these, yeah these look good!!!!

xoxo <3

13. whitney says:

Hahah! What a great joke! I hate mustard. Some times I crave it and I can only eat a tiny drop on one whole sandwich. But on chocolate? I would barf!!! You crack me up.

14. Gina says:

Haha love the mustard joke! Good thing you limited it to just one, that would have been a waste of great chocolate 🙂

15. Lyza says:

I kinda forgot it was April Fool’s Day yesterday LOL, which is usually what I do every year. I’d probably be the perfect person to fool!! >.<

How could you fall for Paula Deen going vegan?! I don't think I'd believe it even if it were true!!!! lol!!

LOLLL and if I'd had food in my mouth, it would have been spat out at the fudge balls joke. That was HILARIOUS and I so did not expect that!! My favorite aspect of this blog is that it's so sweet but then out of nowhere you'll have some cute raunchy joke!!

16. Jess says:

she doesn’t know what mustard tastes like? lol, i probably would have known right away. i was lucky enough not to get fooled yesterday. that was a good one though. 🙂

1. I think she knew it was mustard. She just assumed it was supposed to be mustard… after all, I feed them very strange things sometimes, like raw cheesecake with zucchini hidden in there! 😉

17. carrie says:

Those cups look delicious!

18. Oh my gosh, I am laughing s hard about you tricking your friend. I was wondering why you were putting mustard in chocolate when I saw that tweet yesterday!!

19. Haha, your mustard trick made me laugh so hard!!! It reminds of the time my brother’s girlfriend and I hid sour cream under my brother’s whipped cream on his chocolate pie. He just got this strange look on his face and asked if the whipped cream tasted at all different to anyone else. The rest of us did such a good job of keeping our face’s straight! He didn’t even know until the next day when his girlfriend told him. Now he gets very suspicious when we linger in the kitchen 😉

Only one person tried to fool me yesterday by telling me that my mom had a flat tire. Ya, it didn’t really work. 🙂

20. Lindsay@livinglindsay says:

Awe, you’re going to have a lil’ Chocolate Covered Baby 🙂 That’s so cute….haha 🙂
    I’ve never heard of Cashini, but now I really want to try it! I haven’t seen it at Whole Foods. Do you buy it online? Mustard in the PB cup…yuck…but you know what? SOMEONE read that and is totally going to make it because they think it will be tasty. 🙂

1. I actually got the Cashini butter as a gift from the company. It was ok… but I don’t like tahini. I like their regular cashew butter a lot, though, because it’s raw (as opposed to roasted), which gives it a totally different taste :).