CCK’s Favorites

Hi chocolate bunnies!

Samoas seem to have gotten the most votes yesterday (although I definitely didn’t count up the votes from all 400-ish comments!) So there’ll be Samoas cookies on the blog tomorrow!

These are a few of my favorite things…

I have a section for “popular” recipes on my recipe page.

But the popular recipes with readers aren’t necessarily the recipes I make again and again. Therefore, in today’s post, I thought I’d highlight some of those most popular with me.  I’m also adding this to my “faves” page.

bulgur_thumb

Magic Breakfast Pudding

fudgeycake_thumb

Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake

chocolate chip baked oatmeal_thumb

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

mushroom stroganoff_thumb[6]

High-Protein Mushroom Stroganoff

vegan cauliflower 2_thumb

Bread-Free Vegan Stuffing

wcream1_thumb[23]

Whipped Cream in a Bowl

Other dishes I make often include stir fries, salads, broccoli bowls, and my favorite carrot cake pancakes. (I have a post about those pancakes, but it’s confusing—with a lot of links. I need to update it to make it more reader-friendly!)

Question of the Day:

What are some of the dishes you make all the time?

One more of mine, that I use with the magic pudding: Voluminous Oatmeal Trick.

Tags: ,

1. Tricia says:

Cool! First comment! I make oatmeal and smoothies a lot! Lol but I try to mix it up too 😉

2. shannonmarie says:

Mmmm … I can see why those are your favorite things. I’m addicted to raw chocolate puddings. Yum! I haven’t met one I didn’t like 🙂

3. I make oatmeal all the time! Like mostly every day (I probably should switch it up a bit 😉 ) My second most frequent meals are you recipes! 😀

4. Freya says:

I make blended breakfasts and Epic Green Monsters and oatmeal a lotttt!But I do change it up slightly each time, so there is some variety!

5. Jojo says:

Not so much a dish, but in the summer, I make smoothies ALL THE TIME. I have at least one smoothie a day, usually with frozen banana and strawberries or peaches.
    A “real” dish I make quite frequently is Thai veggie curry. I get cans of curry paste, saute it in coconut milk, and add a ton of veggies to it. It’s so addicting and good over rice 😀

6. Lindsey in CO says:

I keep looking at your chocolate fudge cake recipe – one of these days I’m actually going to make it! LOL 🙂

I’m a soup junkie – I can make a big pot of soup and live off of it for a good week. I’m the only veggie lover in my house so it’s a good way for me to use up all of the veggies in my fridge that might not survive another day. Then I just add a can of tomatoes, a can or two of beans, and a handful of various spices.

Other recipes I make all of the time – vegan french toast (yum!!), grilled peanut butter and jelly, veggie chili…. since going vegan 6 weeks ago all of my faves have changed but these are the most recent ones 🙂

7. oo this is a great idea to see YOUR favorites!! im pretty sure I could make an entire page with MY favorites of all of YOUR recipes!

too many YOUR’s and MY’s in that sentence

8. oh and im not too sure id call it a dish, but i surely make my nanners with pb WAY too often….
    other than that.. salad beasts, oatmeal and thingamabob plates!

1. sarah says:

lol what are thingamabob plates? sounds fun!

9. Ahh I cannot wait for samoas its been years since ive had one which is way too long!

10. sarah says:

i love that raw fudge cake too! and you read my mind, because i was meaning to ask you what YOUR favorite oatmeal was. so now i’m going to go find out!

11. I make oatmeal every day!! Second to that would probably be hummus to put on my salads 🙂

12. Emily K. says:

I make oatmeal all the time, but the flavors aren’t always the same. But I always use your volume trick, too! 🙂

13. Leslie says:

I don’t know that I make many recipes all the time, but I do have my favorite foods that I eat over and over again. Peanut butter, salads, curries, stir fries, and definitely spaghetti! I wish you’d come cook for me!

14. Hannah says:

I make quinoa all the time, then I just very the toppings. Oh and I make my oats (or some variation of oats) every morning:)

15. Megan says:

Melted Banana Trick Oatmeal!

16. Aimee says:

Oh wow, why haven’t I made that fudge cake yet? Why? Honestly, I need to, right? Your photo keeps calling me! Maybe today?

17. Disturbed says:

As of late, I have made hummus and pita practically non-stop.

18. Kimberley says:

Ok, I go to your recipe page ALOT when deciding what to make, perhaps because of my love for chocolate as well ;). I loveee like all your recipes 🙂

1. Hehehe you can’t not like chocolate, right? 😉

19. lian says:

my favorite super easy recipe, given to me from my professional-chef-cousin 😀

coconut curry kabocha ! ……….

onions: sliced + briefly sauteed in oil,
    add curry paste/powder and fry until fragrant
    add the cooked cubed kabocha, then coconut milk, and bring to a boil and turn down to simmer
    adjust seasoning
    check often by stabbing squash with fork; do not overcook or else it’ll become MUSH !

serve with grain of choice; enjoy 😀

20. Gail says:

Hey Katie, just wondering, in your last post, do you eat the mung bean pasta plain, or do you put a sauce on it?

1. Hi Gail,
      I mixed the sauteed veggies together with the pasta :).