Super-Cute Dishes!

Moving Day!

No, not for me. For Jessica.

A few days ago, Jessica asked if I’d mind accompanying her to Crate and Barrel to buy supplies for her new apartment. Um, mind? Really now, Jessica, do you know me at all? Of course I will go with you. And what’s more, I will buy a ton of items for myself, so you don’t have to stand alone at the cash register when it’s time to pay. Ah, what a good friend I am.

Below, trying out a new bowl and spoon:

crate

Some of you might recall my modeling career. 😉

Henry wanted in on the modeling action too. He was jumping up, trying to figure out, “What’s Mommy photographing up there on the table?” So I put a glass down to his level. (I thoroughly washed it afterwards!!)

henry

As soon as he saw there was no food, Henry lost interest in the glass. Clearly, he does not share my appreciation for pretty dishware.

bowl

Above, my favorite of the day’s purchases. Isn’t it cute? Good for soba, perhaps? And below, all the purchases:

plates

Guess how much I paid for all of this…

$50? $100? $100?

How about $30? Deal of the century!! Smile

(I love a good bargain!)

So how did miss Jessica fare? Well, she definitely spent a considerable amount more than me. But hey, furniture costs more than dishware. What’s a girl to do? At least I stocked her up with free dessert:

samoas balls sharp

Raw Samoas Truffles

See? I told you I was a good friend! (I always make sure to have some sort of fudge babies for Jessica; she likes them more than anyone else I know!)

Question of the Day:
Do you like stores such as Pier One or Pottery Barn?

I used to think these kinds of stores were the most boring places on the face of the earth!

By the way, the best store for dishware is the Pearl River Mart.

Tomorrow: Carrot Cake in a Bowl! 🙂

1. Ikea is my HOME!! I spend SO long looking at all the pretty plates, before heading to the bed section so I can bounce on the springy matresses! Only kidding, I don’t really do that… 😉

And you SHOULD be a model Katie!! Too darn gorgeous!! 🙂

Can’t WAIT for Carrot Cake in a Bowl!! I have your Banana Bread in a Bowl at LEAST once a week, and I LOVE it!! 😀

2. Freya says:

yes yes YES! Any store that sells dishware is like..a paradise 🙂 My family hate it – our cupboards are exploding with random dishes that don’t match or fit 😛

3. Stefanie says:

I like Crate and Barrel the best. It is fun looking at all dishes and furniture but it can be expensive. You got a great deal on all of your stuff. The two compartment bowl is cute. The best Ikea I have been to is in Chicago. It is huge compared to the one I have by my house. Can’t wait for the carrot cake in a bowl. 🙂

Henry is a cute little model. 😉

4. That bowl is fabulous! I need one, I have such a thing for eating everything out of giant big deep bowls and that would just be perfect. Pile of steamed greens in one side, bug a boo pilaf in the other ! 🙂

5. Jennifer JCD says:

I certainly share your love for housewares stores. I also love the local pottery guild shop because they have locally handmade dishware that is one of a kind, durable, and stunningly beautiful.

6. Katie says:

I do like Pier One. I never buy anything from places like that, though. I just like to go and look. I love poking at the housewares sections of antique markets and thrift stores though.

7. Disturbed says:

Ikea = home.
    I love that place.

8. I definitely used to hate those kinds of places when I was younger. My mom was obsessed with Pottery Barn and when we were at the mall she would peak in and I would be bratty and complain! How naive I was, I love that store now along with Ikea of course 🙂

9. love those dishes! i love all those stores now! i hated them when I was a kid and we went in them with my parents, haha but now i love them!

10. Jojo says:

I love browsing around Crate and Barrel and I wish I could buy the whole store! I also love shopping in kitchen supply stores for baking pans, dishes, appliances, etc. Kitchen stuff is my second favorite thing to shop for, food being the first!

11. You seriously got a deal!! Love those dishes! I could use a few more cute dishes but am always way too cheap to buy them myself. 😛

12. Gen says:

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s recipe!!! 😀
    Those dishes ARE super cute!!! And what a great deal!

13. Kimberley says:

My goodness they dishes are so cute! I did not used to like it at all, but I am doing up my room and I have a new appreciation for those types of stores and I am always on the look out for good deals as some of the peices can be quite expensive. I also love Winners Home Sense — they have some great steals, if you are one too search!

14. Cute dishes!

I’ve been dying to go to ikea…. Let’s hope I can go soon!

15. Marina says:

Oh gosh I love buying stuff for the house! Specially for the kitchen 😀 Can’t wait for summer when I’ll have to decorate an apartment for my bf 🙂

16. Lisa says:

i must admit, im not a big dinnerware shopper, only bc i spend all my money on clothes… hahah
    but, at my house we have these beautiful rose dishes that I feel so fancy eating off of. So. hopefully thats good enough 😉
    those dishes are NICE tho! I like the two compartments one 🙂

17. I love IKEA and Target for dishes. I also like to go to the antique place! Those are super cute dishes.

18. Ally says:

I am getting married in a few weeks, and other than my hubby-to-be, the best part was creating our registries! Can you say Pottery Barn, Ikea, and Williams & Sonoma HERE I COME!!! It was SO much fun, and I can’t wait to see all the goodies that we get.

P.S. I recently started using the Organic Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner that you recommended and YUMM – I love it! I can’t wait for carrot cake in a bowl tomorrow 🙂

1. Aww yay! Maybe if more ppl start using it, it’ll become more mainstream and they can therefore lower the price! Hehe I can hope, right? 😉

19. janet says:

I see beauty in the designs of these houseware dishes. Hope to see some photo’s with one of your latest divine dishes.

20. Lindsey in CO says:

We are getting an IKEA in Denver this fall – I’m seriously considering being one of those stupid people who camps out in the parking lot to be there for the official opening of the store. Heck, people camp out for Chick-Fil-A openings, and IKEA is WAY better! 🙂

1. I waited in line for 4 hours to get beanie babies once. *Hides in embarrassment*