Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

A book about Cupcakes

Currently… loving:

Chocolate Fudge Parfaits

Or really, just parfaits in general. I don’t know what’s more fun: eating them or preparing them. It’s like an art project in a glass! Currently reading:

Ooh look, it’s a magazine devoted entirely to cupcakes! My friend bought this for me… and then promptly told me I had to make some for her in return Winking smile.

Currently on my mind: All things carrot cake, such as…

Carrot Cake in a Bowl

Once again, my blog is not ready for the holiday arrive so soon. Here are the following posts I’d hoped to get up before Easter: carrot cake ice cream, milkshake, pancakes, fudge, dip…

I have carrot cake coming out of my ears, as I said on Twitter.

I’ll post one of the above recipes tomorrow, and will save the rest for after Easter. People still like carrot cake after Easter’s over, right? I know I certainly do!

Have you done anything fun today?

I have! I have! ! I ate a Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake.

1. I love how creative you are in deconstructing things! I can’t wait to see what you make out of the cupcake book.

I love carrot cake on Easter, it is a necessity 🙂

1. Every single idea looks so cool… I don’t know what to try first!

2. kspar66 says:

Oh yess.. carrots are totally a yearround (and for sure anytime in spring) food in my opinion. And next week (and the next!) will still have that it’s-spring-and-we’re-cooking&baking-with-beautiful-orange-carrots! feeling. For sure. Carrot cake dip, cool!!

3. I saw your twitter comment! I am super excited! I think carrot cake is good ALL YEAR around! 🙂

4. I will be honest: I don’t get the cupcake craze! I think the ratio of icing to cake is off-putting for me. I have never been able to stomach that much sugar.

I loooove carrot cake, though. My mom is the queen of carrot cake, zucchini bread, banana bread, pumpkin bread… The textures of all the fibery veggies & nuts are just awesome!

1. Hehe I just like making them! But I am with you on the taste. Eating-wise, I’d rather have a dessert that’s dense and rich, like chocolate fudge or mousse pie… or something creamy like pudding or whipped cream!

5. I like carrot cake year round! 😀
    Keep the carrot cake recipes coming! Yum!

6. ellie says:

your so pretty, katie!

7. I’m singing along to Glee songs. That is my fun morning. lol That cupcake book is pretty fantastic!! I would have way too much fun with that!

8. Lindsey in CO says:

Carrot cake is fantastic! Now if you can come up with a vegan cream cheese frosting… or maybe you already have and I missed that post. Hmm….

Fun for today? Sitting at home with a sick kid 😛

1. It’s an ooooold post 😉

Healthy (vegan) cream cheese frosting:

And I’m sending well-wishes towards your home!!

9. Kimberley says:

A recipe book solely on cupcakes is definitly my type of recipe book 🙂

10. I love carrot cake no matter what day it is! Today is not so fun. Down with class presentations!

11. Jess says:

oh i am so hungry now; and cupcakes are fun. looking forward to the recipes.

12. Mckella says:

I love the pretty green color of that parfait!

13. a book about cupcakes is seriously the most amazing thing ever!

14. Fun today.. not so much! I was making something yummy in my magic bullet.. but the top is legit stuck on.. like I’ve used all my might to try and get it off and it.will.not.budge.

15. Katie, you totally inspired me this morning! I made carrot cake oatmeal and it was SO delish! Thanks for being amazing and inspiring us to try new stuff!

16. Holly @ The Runny Egg says:

I like carrot cake on any day of the year.

Anything fun today? Not really, but I’m seeing Scream 4 after work, that should be fun!

1. Ahhh I hate hate hate Scream! It was the first horror movie I ever watched, and I am SUCH a baby. I imagined a guy in a ski mask coming to get me every single night for a month after.

17. Damjana says:

Thank you for your SWEET comment! Today I made pistacchio butter, definitely lots of fun, even without any broken nails 😉

18. Holly says:

Love making cupcakes and parfaits so fun!

something fun… both my classes got canceled today! but im studying instead… haha

19. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

I strung my racquet today? Baked some sweet taters?? Ehh….nothin that exciting 😛

20. I’ve been thinking about carrot cake a lot lately, too! Oh and I ate a mini whoppie pie today. That was fun! 🙂