Chocolate-Coconut Easter Bunnies

Yesterday, I got lost.

Lost in my local Michaels Craft Store, that is.

By the time I found the exit, I’d made quite a few new friends: scrapbook supplies, paintbrushes, and a bunny-shaped candy mold. Right away, I put the candy mold to good use:

melties

Coconut Melties

Bunny coconut melties! Who needs chocolate bunnies when you can have coconut ones? (Oooh wait, I take that back. I still want the chocolate bunnies too!)

melties 3

So I later made a 2nd batch, with Hot Chocolate Butter.

(No photos of them, though. As their name might suggest, melties aren’t exactly easy to photograph!)

melties 1

Note: If you can’t find Artisana, you can use homemade coconut butter.

michaels-crafts-coupons

Question of the Day:
Do you love craft stores?

I could spend all day browsing through the stickers, flowers, art supplies, and of course the cake-decorating supplies! Winking smile

Click for: Funfetti Cookie Dough winner

Tags: , , ,

1. Lauren says:

Those are so cute! I LOVE craft stores, I generally try to avoid them because I can spend forever inside and end up coming out with a bunch of stuff that I did not intend to get when I walked in!!!

2. Jojo says:

These are so adorable! And these are so much healthier than the candies they sell in the stores with who know what in them.
    I love browsing around in Michael’s, too. I especially like the cooking/baking section 😉

3. Freya says:

AWWWH!
    I’m more of a plate-cup-bowl store girl myself 🙂 or a COFFEE store! I loove coffee 🙂

4. Lisa Fine says:

Those look so cute! And anything coconut flavored (especially with chocolate) sounds good to me. Last night we had delicious chocolate-covered macaroons for dessert.

I love craft stores, and always get so tempted when I shop in them.

5. They are so cute!
    I am not into craft stores myself, but anything baking related and I could be there all day!

6. Brandie says:

I love this post, and do you know why?! I picked up lil Easter molds at Michaels’ too!! Cause I’m gonna make Junior’s Easter ‘candies’!!! 😮 I was just gonna do the brown ones (carob for him actually, not chocolate) but this is inspiring. I think I’ll do some cocount ones too! He LOVES coconut butter. 🙂

Thanks for the idea Miss K!

7. Jennifer JCD says:

Those are adorable!!! How could you muster up the strength to eat such cuties? Eh, it’s Easter… bunny eating is acceptable as long as no actual bunnies are harmed in doing so. 😉

Ah yes, we love craft stores too! My favourite craft store is this wee shop in a small town that sells almost everything. It’s the cutest little craft shop ever. (And they are the only place I’ve found root beer extract – yummy!)

8. SO CUTE!!!!!!! i love fun molds- i used to have mickey mouse!
    i LOVEEEEE CRAFT STORES!!!!! I used to go to Michael’s ALL the time in the states!!!

9. The bunnies are adorable! I love the craft store…it’s a dangerous place for me to be.

10. These are adorable! Cuteness overload 🙂

11. Those are so adorable! 🙂

12. I LOVE craft stores! I can spend hours walking around and looking at all the craft supplies. I can do the same at Whole Foods and Trader Joes except with food. 😉

13. Emma says:

Oh my goodness do I ever love craft stores! I could spend hours browsing paints alone.
    Ps. those coconut bunnies look almost to cute to eat! emphasis on almost, 😛

1. Haha I ripped the ear off of one this morning. Then I decided he wouldn’t want to go through life without an ear. So I did him a favor and ate the rest of him!

1. Such a naughty vegan… 😉

14. Kimberley says:

YUMMY! and adorable!

I love Michaels, this makes me want to take an adventure there today! 🙂

15. krickit6 says:

Oh gosh, those bunnies are the cutest 🙂 I can never get homemade coconut butter to work, probably because of my blender.. so, Ill just come back and look at your pix again, because they are adorable 🙂

Happy Easter!

1. I think it also has to do with the outside temperature, oddly enough. Two different people wrote to me that it didn’t work when they tried it in the winter, but they recently tried again and it DID work. Weird! I wish it would work for everyone, all the time :(.

16. Mckella says:

I looove craft stores. Mostly, I love the 40% off coupons that come in the paper every week! It’s the cheapest way to get art supplies.

17. I could spend hours at the craft store. Michaels seriously eats my money!

18. I love Michaels! I used to absolutely hate scrapbooking because it was an assignment for one of my english classes. Many all-nighters were pulled towards the end of the school year trying to finish it. However when I was done, I was so proud of myself because it was the cutest scrapbook ever and detailed so much about my life, running, friends, family, etc.
    Now I can’t wait to work on my high school scrapbook with my mom so I can have all my memories saved before college!

19. Veronica says:

The bunnies are so cute! I made some homemade coconut butter but I didn’t process it long enough and it is grainy so I need a re-take. And hello, my name is Veronica, and I’m a fellow craft store junkie. 🙂

1. Nice to meet you, fellow craft store junkie ;). hehe