Lots of Chocolate Syrup

These next few weeks are going to be jam-packed chocolate-syrup packed with healthy dessert posts. The recipe creations keep piling up faster than I can write posts for ’em. So hold on–you’re in for a chocolate-y ride! 🙂

Sleep? What’s that?

Usually, I get a good eight hours of sleep every night, but lately I’ve just not been able to sleep well. I blame it on the blog! In the last few months, my blog’s readership has increased, and the more people who read my blog, the more I want to make it something worth reading. My own excitement feeds off of yours: When you’re excited about a post, it makes me excited about it… and then I’m excited to think up more posts!

doughnutnotdone_thumb17

Like with those Cake Batter Doughnuts.

It’s an awesome feeling, putting one’s heart and soul into a blog post, then getting such energetic, positive responses to that hard work. I’m so excited about future posts—dreaming up new recipes, planning the posts in my head, taking photos–that I cannot sleep! Falling asleep is okay, but I keep waking up so early. And even if it’s four o’clock in the morning, going back to sleep is out of the question because I’m already wide awake, wanting to run downstairs to work on a new idea.

So now you know the reason, if you saw me on Twitter yesterday at 4:30 am, yammering about chocolate-chip blondies. Winking smile

I feel like the character from George of the Jungle (anyone see that movie?) after he eats an entire box of coffee grinds… or, like I’ve downed four bottles of Red Bull (I’ve actually never tried Red Bull). The weirdest part is that I do not feel tired at all. I’m hoping it doesn’t catch up with me. Maybe I just need less sleep now that it’s getting warmer? People sleep more in the wintertime, right? People and bears!

Next week’s schedule:
(subject to change)

• Monday: They’re not Cake Pops…
  • Tuesday: It involves chocolate. And cookie dough.
  • Wednesday: I want to feature YOU
  • Thursday: A new pancake recipe

After that, sky’s not the limit: healthy blondies, ice creams, pumpkin pie fudge… and I still want to post those “skinny” fudge babies!

How much sleep do you usually get?
And do you wake up naturally or use an alarm clock?

I’m a big believer in the idea of listening to one’s body. If my body tells me I want chocolate pie for breakfast, I’ll listen. (Please, body, can you tell me this more often?) Same thing goes for sleep: I don’t know why, but my body seems to be telling me it doesn’t require eight hours of sleep at the moment. So, unless I start to feel lethargic and grouchy from lack of sleep, I’m going to try and not worry about this new trend. I have bigger things to think about…

Like Monday’s post. Here’s a chocolate preview.

1. YAAAY I can’t WAIT for upcoming posts, as always!! They sound SO GOOD though!! And haha thinking about blondies at 4.30am?!?! Oh I love you Katie!! 🙂 Oh, I am drooling over the chocolate preview. It’s my dream-come-true on a stick!! 😀

P.S. I’m NOT at all surprised your readership’s grown so much!! You are AMAZING and such a lovely and sweet person too and we all love you so so much!! <3

1. Your dream come true on a stick? Haha Emma, you have the CUTEST phrases!

2. McKella says:

I need 8-9 hours every night, and when I don’t work in the morning I just wake up naturally at about 7-7:30. I love it.

3. Gen says:

I usually get from 7 to 8 hours of sleep!!!
    Soo excited about all this week’s recipes!!!! 😀

4. Jess says:

I was getting about 8 as well, but now that’s it’s light outside earlier, it typically doesn’t matter when I go to bed I’ll likely awaken between 6:30 and 7:30 am. I only need an alarm if I want to wake up before 6. Plus, I’m excited for the recipes; I made choco chip banana loaf for breakfast, and can’t wait for new things to try.

5. WOOHO! excited for these posts!!!!! i feel ya! i go in cycles… great weeks of sleep… then terrible weeks of sleeps! but dreaming about yummy vegan recipes aint such a bad thiing 😉
    UMM…. LE DUH your readership has grown! you are AMAZING in SO many ways.. not just your blog and recipes, but YOU!

6. VeggieGirl says:

Love ya Katie!

I get about 6-7 hours and wake up naturally.

7. So excited for your recipes next week!
    I usually get 7.5 – 8 hrs of sleep.. and ALWAYS wake up naturally. I never ever sleep to an alarm.

8. Jenny says:

Sooo happy to hear that you’ve been made so happy yourself, by everyone’s eagerness for your posts! They are great posts though, can you blame us?! 🙂

7 hours of sleep seems to by my magic number, when it comes to the number of hours I sleep without having an alarm clock to wake me… And nope! I always wake up naturally. I trust my body, haha. But how strange! Lately I’ve also had a lot of problems sleeping… I can fall asleep easily, but will wake up four or five hours later – so at 3a.m.-ish, yikes.

Looking forward to all of your upcoming posts! 😀

1. Oh my gosh, that sounds exactly like me! Falling asleep easily… but I’m wide awake at 4 or 5.

9. Lenna says:

I always wake up naturally! I used to use an alarm clock, but I always felt like a hammer fell over my head:) Now I am able to wake up by myself and it is much better. I wake up around 5 a.m. every day and I am perfectly fine with it. So I completely understand that sometimes it just feels like a waste of time to go sleep again when you´ve already woken up and there´s so much waiting for you:)

10. Dalai Lina says:

Why do people love reading you? Because you post great food ideas and you are funny! Don’t worry about the sleep 😉

11. Congratulations to you! I’m the same way about sleep – I’ll wake up crazy early at times, but I just do what my body wants. Lately I’ve decided I’m officially an “adult” because I can’t even sleep past 8a on the WEEKEND. Sad, right?!

1. Haha I remember those teenage years, when we’d sleep til noon on weekends… my cousin is in that stage now, and it’s so cute. But I never realized how much of life we must’ve missed out on!

12. Brandi says:

Yum! I’m excited for you future post. Those cookie dough explanation mark looks yummy!

I usually get 8 or 7 hours asleep every night. So I get a good amount of sleep. My body wakes up at usually around the same time everyday so I rarely use an alarm.

13. Jennifer JCD says:

Oh, those photos (doughnuts and you and your bear) are awesome! I love your blog and am excited for your success and all your posts too!

As for sleep, I try to get between 7-8 hours each night. We have an alarm only because we have to catch a bus or get to work pretty early in the morning. In the summer I usually wake up before the alarm because it’s so sunny outside at 4:30 AM and I cannot wait to go outside and enjoy the day. In the winter is a whole different story… my body doesn’t care about the alarm and just wants to sleeeeepppp…. because it’s dark and cold. I’m so happy it’s springtime!

14. Hannah says:

Yay I’m so happy other people are coming into the world of CCK, because it & you are amazing! 🙂

I can’t wait for these new recipes! So excited.

15. Laura says:

First, I seriously do identify with you on many levels! I know I commented yesterday, but I forgot to include the EXACT same thing happened to me in junior high when I started running XC. I was increasing mileage and loosing weight, because I was not increasing my calorie intake. Same thing, I lost a good bit of weight, unintentionally, and realized I had to focus on gaining weight in order to look, feel, and run my best. Anyways, I have been having the same sleeping troubles! I wake up at 4:00/4:30 and cannot go back to sleep! SO frustrating! Anyways, thanks again for your blog, and I cannot wait to continue reading:)

1. I’m so glad I’m not the only one. Judging by these comments, a lot of us are in the same boat. Weird!

16. So excited for all of your upcoming posts. Blogging excitement sometimes keeps me up too. Sometimes my best ideas come to me when I’m trying to sleep. I usually wake up and go to bed at the same time ecah day if I can

17. IT’s because you make such tasty treats!! And you are so sweet too!!!
    congrats you deserve all the love!

18. Katherine says:

Hey 🙂
    Sorry I haven’t been as active in your blog lately. I need to get back to it.
    I am working on starting my own blog, unfortunately I suck at programming, and can’t seem to make it look like I want it to. I wish I had someone to do it for me.

19. Lilly says:

I usually get 7-8, 8 seems to work best for me and I am not tired at all. I set an alarm, because the thought of oversleeping terrifies me, but I almost always wake up before it.

Every single recipe looks too good to be true, I cannot wait for all the new sweets and treats to try. And I am sure anyone who encounters your blog instantly becomes hooked because it is so amazing, and so are you girl!

20. Ahhhh yummy!!! Cake pops sound so. good.