The frog ate my cookie?

Ribbit Ribbit!

The following is what happens when a group of very-mature girls in their mid-twenties gets together:

froggie

Hi, my name is Fred.

Under my green exterior lies a Cookie Ball Pop.

I am 100% edible, right down to my… wait a second, where are my feet?!?!

frog pop

I smile because I have no idea what’s going on.

Y’all, I know it’s supposed to be a “feature you” post on the schedule. But I didn’t get a chance to finish writing said post because of all the fun my friends and I were having yesterday, making cookie ball pops. So instead, how about a quick tutorial post? (And I promise to have the other post up this weekend.)

How to decorate a Cookie Pop:
(So easy a caveman frog can do it.)

You will need: fondant and Cookie Ball Pops.

froggie3

Step One: Roll fondant into a circle big enough to cover the Cookie Ball Pop. (We used white fondant and colored it green with food coloring.)

frog

Step Two: Roll out two more circles, and attach on top. We used an icing writer for the mouth… and those are cacao nibs for the eyes!

froggie

Now you have your very own Fred!
Be sure you’re prepared with all of his favorite foods.

mintwhiter_thumb

Fred likes my Mint Chocolate-Chip Milkshakes.

Oh, and flies. Lots of flies. Sadly, we ran out of time to make more than one pop. The frog had to come first; I kinda have a thing for fondant frogs. We’re planning another get-together, and pigs have been discussed. Maybe ducks too.

Tags:

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Mmm… frogs… are vegans even allowed to eat frog cookie pops? Haha, of course! You’re so creative! Other animals to try: rabbits, cats, yellow chicks (healthier peeps?), monkies, or even dinosaurs. Yeah… you’re so creative I’m sure you could make giraffe and zebra pops. 😉 I look forward to seeing what your next victim… err… creation will be.

1. I saw a comic once, where the dad said to the mom, “Please tell Junior that it’s ok for vegetarians to eat animal crackers!” :)

2. krickit6 says:

If Snickerdoodle Pancakes are anywhere near as good as Snickerdoodle Oatmeal, then YES! :-) Love Fred, too – super cute :-)

3. BAHAHAHA SO DARN CUTE!!
    I could use a little friend like FRed!! but…. is it okay to eat your friends?… cuz thats very likely in this situation!
    MAKE A PENGUIN! I love how cute they are… defs wnt one as a pet

1. Ooo me too! I used to want a monkey as a pet. But then I heard a story about a monkey who cracked a coconut on his owner’s head. Then monkeys scared me!

4. Emily says:

How cute! That photo of you is gorgeous girl!

1. Awwww thank you so so much, Emily! :)

5. how cute are those pops! this would be such a great thing for me to make and bring into my students!! they would absolutley ADORE them!! :)

6. Hannah says:

Thosseeee are so cute. Can you make a moose? That would be cute too, haha.

1. Oh yeah! The antlers would be super-fun!

7. Shannon says:

Oh my goodness, that is amazing. I may just have to get some fondant and try making something similar myself. I think your cookie pops may just be the new cupcake. =)

8. Hela says:

aaaaaaaawwwwwww, how cute is that??? love it!! though I don´t think I could eat it 😀

9. Demelza says:

It sounds like you and your friends had a blast! I wish I could hang out with you, haha.
    I know how picky Foodgawker and other sites like it are from reading Averie’s site a while back. I think she said she submitted multiple photos of a certain recipe, and sometimes it was accepted, sometimes not (depending on which person looked at it, I guess!).
    But I’m really excited you’ve had so many photos accepted. ^^

P.S. You should totally make the ponies from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. ;]

1. I love My Little Ponies!!! :)

10. This is a really fun idea for cookie pops. They look so cute!

11. Jess says:

These are so cute. Now I just need to figure out what fondant is…

12. Those little froggies are adorable :)

13. Lilly says:

So cute, awww! Making them into various foods would be kind of cool too, like different types of fruits could be fun :) yummmm

14. Abby says:

Anything Snickerdoodle is the way to my heart! :)

15. McKella says:

You should make penguins. Everything is cute when it looks like a penguin.

16. Aww how adorable. Those would be great for a little kid’s birthday party!

17. KATIE, what a cute, cute idea! I’ve ever even thought to decorate my balls.

…I mean….

1. Oh my word, cannot stop laughing!

18. Gen says:

hahahaha how cute! And tasty too, I bet! 😀

19. Alyssa says:

Fred may be kosher for vegans to eat, but he’s just so DARN CUTE! I don’t know if I could bring myself to bite his head, lol!!!!!

20. I’m totally down with Snickerdoodle pancakes :-). The frog is adorable. Plus, I don’t think I could ever be bored with your cookie ball pops!