Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

The frog ate my cookie?

Ribbit Ribbit!

The following is what happens when a group of very-mature girls in their mid-twenties gets together:

Hi, my name is Fred.

Under my green exterior lies a Cookie Ball Pop.

I am 100% edible, right down to my… wait a second, where are my feet?!?!

frog pop

I smile because I have no idea what’s going on.

Y’all, I know it’s supposed to be a “feature you” post on the schedule. But I didn’t get a chance to finish writing said post because of all the fun my friends and I were having yesterday, making cookie ball pops. So instead, how about a quick tutorial post? (And I promise to have the other post up this weekend.)

How to decorate a Cookie Pop:
(So easy a caveman frog can do it.)

You will need: fondant and Cookie Ball Pops.

Step One: Roll fondant into a circle big enough to cover the Cookie Ball Pop. (We used white fondant and colored it green with food coloring.)

Step Two: Roll out two more circles, and attach on top. We used an icing writer for the mouth… and those are cacao nibs for the eyes!

Now you have your very own Fred!
Be sure you’re prepared with all of his favorite foods.

Fred likes my Mint Chocolate-Chip Milkshakes.

Oh, and flies. Lots of flies. Sadly, we ran out of time to make more than one pop. The frog had to come first; I kinda have a thing for fondant frogs. We’re planning another get-together, and pigs have been discussed. Maybe ducks too.

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Mmm… frogs… are vegans even allowed to eat frog cookie pops? Haha, of course! You’re so creative! Other animals to try: rabbits, cats, yellow chicks (healthier peeps?), monkies, or even dinosaurs. Yeah… you’re so creative I’m sure you could make giraffe and zebra pops. 😉 I look forward to seeing what your next victim… err… creation will be.

1. I saw a comic once, where the dad said to the mom, “Please tell Junior that it’s ok for vegetarians to eat animal crackers!” :)

2. krickit6 says:

If Snickerdoodle Pancakes are anywhere near as good as Snickerdoodle Oatmeal, then YES! :-) Love Fred, too – super cute :-)

3. I’ll take Snickerdoodle Pancakes!

Fred is so adorable — surely Foodgawker will accept his photograph???

1. LOL I’m thinking probably not… but that’s not going to stop me from trying! 😉

I could use a little friend like FRed!! but…. is it okay to eat your friends?… cuz thats very likely in this situation!
    MAKE A PENGUIN! I love how cute they are… defs wnt one as a pet

1. Ooo me too! I used to want a monkey as a pet. But then I heard a story about a monkey who cracked a coconut on his owner’s head. Then monkeys scared me!

5. Emily says:

How cute! That photo of you is gorgeous girl!

1. Awwww thank you so so much, Emily! :)

6. how cute are those pops! this would be such a great thing for me to make and bring into my students!! they would absolutley ADORE them!! :)

7. Hannah says:

Thosseeee are so cute. Can you make a moose? That would be cute too, haha.

1. Oh yeah! The antlers would be super-fun!

8. Shannon says:

Oh my goodness, that is amazing. I may just have to get some fondant and try making something similar myself. I think your cookie pops may just be the new cupcake. =)

9. Hela says:

aaaaaaaawwwwwww, how cute is that??? love it!! though I don´t think I could eat it 😀

10. Demelza says:

It sounds like you and your friends had a blast! I wish I could hang out with you, haha.
    I know how picky Foodgawker and other sites like it are from reading Averie’s site a while back. I think she said she submitted multiple photos of a certain recipe, and sometimes it was accepted, sometimes not (depending on which person looked at it, I guess!).
    But I’m really excited you’ve had so many photos accepted. ^^

P.S. You should totally make the ponies from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. ;]

1. I love My Little Ponies!!! :)

11. This is a really fun idea for cookie pops. They look so cute!

12. Jess says:

These are so cute. Now I just need to figure out what fondant is…

13. Those little froggies are adorable :)

14. Lilly says:

So cute, awww! Making them into various foods would be kind of cool too, like different types of fruits could be fun :) yummmm

15. Elle says:

aww, adorable!
    snickerdoodle pancakes sound delicious :)

16. Abby says:

Anything Snickerdoodle is the way to my heart! :)

17. McKella says:

You should make penguins. Everything is cute when it looks like a penguin.

18. Aww how adorable. Those would be great for a little kid’s birthday party!

19. KATIE, what a cute, cute idea! I’ve ever even thought to decorate my balls.

…I mean….

1. Oh my word, cannot stop laughing!

20. Gen says:

hahahaha how cute! And tasty too, I bet! 😀

21. julie winz says:

I love it! I’m going to try to make the cookie dough oatmeal bake today. It just sounds too good.

22. Alyssa says:

Fred may be kosher for vegans to eat, but he’s just so DARN CUTE! I don’t know if I could bring myself to bite his head, lol!!!!!

23. I’m totally down with Snickerdoodle pancakes :-). The frog is adorable. Plus, I don’t think I could ever be bored with your cookie ball pops!

24. Awwwe he’s so cute. I definitely think he’d like a monkey friend. :)

25. Leashieloo says:

Are you trying to kill me with cuteness? Yes, yes you are.

26. Lenna says:

The frog is so adorable! I think that bears could be very cute too:) And if you could make a donkey, you would be Number one, because I am such a fan of donkeys:))

27. I’ve been meaning to say this to you for awhile, but as a long-time follower of your blog, I have noticed that your photos have gotten so, so much better! Not that were bad before, but they look totally pro now! Like you could totally have a career in food photography!

1. Wow, coming from you, that is the ultimate compliment!!!

28. These are too cute! Again, congrats on Foodgawker!

29. Your froggie is SO cute!!!

I’d be the happiest girl if you made a kitty!! :)

Snickerdoodle pancakes aound INCREDIBLE!

30. Ragnhild says:

Haha, those are so cool!

31. I’m with Carrie on penguins! And I’ve never been sure what makes a snickerdoodle a snickerdoodle – so looking forward to seeing the pancake recipe :-)

32. Glad you mentioned that about TS and FG rejected photos…yes!! For anyone reading, they reject TONS of photos..some from bloggers who I am friends with who have amazing photography skills and truly there is nothing!! in their images that is rejection worthy…so much subjectiveness in it all.

As for the decorating, I would have assumed it was white choc w/ green food coloring…never would have guessed it’s that very neat looking fondant (new to me word). You’re such a neat chef!

1. Yes haha you KNOW how frustrated I have been. I definitely didn’t want anyone to think otherwise! 😉

33. Stephaniedem says:

Hi Katie,
    I may have missed this somewhere, but do your “babies” need to be refrigerated? (If they last more than a day!)

34. gahhhh kermie! too stinkin cute :)

35. Moni'sMeals says:

you are too cute! I challenge you to make an English Bulldog!! ( I have 2 of them). I feel confident in you. 😉

1. Aww oh my gosh, now I want to do a scottie dog too!

36. So cute! That’s an animal I’m okay with eating :)

37. bitt of raw says:

So cute! Have you seen Bakerella’s book of Cake Pops? All cute stuff like this.

1. I knew she had a book out, but I haven’t seen it… yet!

38. Livv says:

awww, adorable!!

39. That is such a cute little cookie pop. If only “real life” frogs were that cute. HAHA!

40. He’s SO cute!!! I used to have a principal that loved frogs, this would have been an amazing gift for her! ha

41. Parita says:

You’re so cute…and creative!

42. Too cute! I literally went “Awwwwwwww!” when I saw this!

43. Soooooo excited for snicker doodle pancakes. Those are my fave cookies and of course pancakes are da bomb :) I think that little pandas would be precious too :)

44. Tricia says:

That is flipping adorable! enough said :) Will have to make those cookie dough pops sometime

45. you have beautiful photos!!!! do not those foodsites get you down, like I told you they do not like all of our photos either. You live and learn, right?? haha

1. I can’t ever thank you enough for your kindness to me, girls! You girls were SO supportive when I was sad, and I am so thankful that you didn’t just tell me to shut up with my whining! 😉
      Love from your doughnt twin,

46. Where do you find fondant/how do you make it?!

1. You can find colored fondant at stores like Michaels (in the craft section). But it dries out REALLY fast! Pretty much, if you don’t use it within a few weeks, it goes bad. It’s a better idea (if you’ll be using a lot) to splurge on the good stuff (also from craft stores or even a cake decorating store if you have one). I splurged on just one color (white). I got a big tub for $20, and now I can just use food coloring to make other colors :).

1. Oh, you can also make it. Google for recipes, since I don’t have one. I’ve never made my own.

47. Tara says:

How do you make fondant? These are too cute not to make! Though I usually don’t support eating pigs, I think they would be adorable cookie pops! Or elmo! I don’t know about you, but when I was little I always saw the sesame street character cupcakes and always wanted them.

1. Hey pretty lady! See my comment to Katelyn, right above this comment.
      And oh my gosh, oh my gosh oh my gosh now I want to make a cookie monster one!

48. You are so creative Katie! I love it!

Decorated food makes it so much more fun and tastier to eat! Where do you buy your fondant… looks so fun to use?

1. LOL no one asked this question, and then three people in a row did! Something in the air? :)
      See my comment two above this one. to Katelyn :).

49. Oh my goodness, what cute little cookie dough balls!!! 😀 And you look gorgeous in that picture (no surprise there – you ALWAYS look gorgeous! :D)

I can’t wait to make cookie dough pops!!! They will most likely be my chocolate-covered recipe of the week :) Now I just have decide if I literally want to make the chocolate-covered or not…. decisions, decisions 😉

And I wanted to congratulate you on making it onto food gawker!! I looked at your pictures and they were honestly some of the best pictures on there. I’m really surprised you didn’t get on there sooner!

I hope you have the most wonderful rest of the week, Katie!

<3 <3

1. My week is already more wonderful thanks to you! :)

50. Dalai Lina says:

I’ll miss reading you for a while – leaving for a 10 days without kids! Yippee! I’ll be thinking of you as I eat my way through the south of France :)

1. Oh wow, that sounds super-fun! Haha enjoy the quiet ;). And eat some French chocolate for me!

51. ellalinea says:

You are so freaking creative girl! Amazing!

52. Damjana says:

I used to send photos to HealthyYum as long as it existed and they published a few of them. It’s a nice feeling to see your own pics published.
    I’ve liked your pics all the time and I noticed that the mint shake was more bright so I immediately thought you have something in your mind :)

1. Have you seen It’s one of my new favorites to submit to… everything is vegan! :)

53. sooo cute! Were they hard to eat since they were so cute? haha

1. Fred is actually still sitting in my freezer! He’s waiting for the rest of the farm animals to be made so we can do a big photoshoot :).

1. And you are the sweetest, dear Megan! :) :)

54. Mel says:

Girl, you need to eat about 3 dozen of those cupcakes. Your arms are scary-skinny. You do not look very healthy. Yikes. Cute cupcakes, though.

55. Katherine says:

This is yesterday’s post, so I am hoping you will still see it.
    I am planting a garden, and thought I would ask you some great veggies to plant in it…?

56. Vivianne says: