Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies!

Hi chocolate munchkins!

I first wanted to quickly answer a question. A lot of y’all have asked if there’s a way to get my posts without having to remember to click on the website every day.

If it’s easier, you can get CCK recipes by email.

For today’s post, my friend, Scott, wanted me to show you his invention. He decided yesterday’s brownie bites would be even more exciting when stuffed with peanut butter. I swear, my influence is rubbing off on him; he’s starting to think like a foodie!

pb cupcakes

Above, a pb-stuffed Fudge Munchkin.

That’s not actually Scott’s stuffed brownie. His looked ugly! But, as he reminded me, “Who cares how it looks, Katie? It’s the taste that’s important. And this tastes awesome!” Spoken like a true foodie.

pb cake 2

How to make Stuffed Brownie Bites:

You could shove a pastry bag up the bottom of the Fudge Munchkin. (Oh my gosh, how naughty does that sound?!) But I just cut out a little hole, piped the icing into the brownie bite from the top, and then piped on more icing to conceal the hole.

For the frosting: I mixed peanut butter with a little almond milk and agave to thin it out. Then I stuck it in a plastic bag and cut off the corner.

But you could also use Peanut Butter Frosting.

Scott had an even easier answer: He cut his brownie in half, spread on the frosting on the bottom half, and then messily smeared more pb frosting on top. Okay, so maybe he’s not such a foodie after all!

pb cupcakes

It’s a regal snack: Peanut butter crown on Chocolate Brownie Bites.

Question of the Day:

Are any of the guys you know foodies?

Or are they more like all my guy friends: if it’s food, they eat it! My dad, however, is the ultimate foodie, especially when it comes to wine and cheese. I think he likes Whole Foods even more than I do!

Also, how would you stuff your brownie bites?

How good would they be stuffed with Cookie Dough Dip?!

Tags:

1. Ohmygosh PB stuffed brownies?! That is my HEAVEN!! Actually no, cookie dough PB stuffed brownies would be my heaven…mmmm… 🙂

Haha no most of my friends aren’t foodies at all!! They can’t believe that food shopping is practically a hobby and that Whole Foods is my second home! 😛

2. Hehe. The only 2 guys I know well enough to evaluate if they are foodies (my brother and daddy) are highly picky! My dad like da baos (giant meat-filled steamed buns) but will only eat the most famous and most delicious. Its so difficult to satisfy him! My brother is a little easier to satisfy but refuses to try anything new! For example, in the yeasted category, he’ll only eat pizza, plain white bread and char siew buns. Oh, and they love anything that’s NOT healthy. What a bummer! Still trying to influence them into getting on with a healthy diet… Score 1 with managing to bet bro to like food from a Vegetarian stall more than his previous favourite stall (which only sells fried meats and vegetables cooked in puddles of oil eek)!

As for the brownie bites, I’ll love to stuff them with chocolate/mocha custard or even some blueberries baked right into the brownies! Heaven on earth! 😀

1. oops typo! I don’t mean “bet”. It’s supposed to “lure” haha

3. Jenny says:

Again, chocolate and peanut butter proves to be one of the most heavenly combinations on earth… 😀 As always, those treats look delicious! Even though it’s not necessarily “prettier” than the rest, the brownie bite with PB frosting that has chocolate chips added looks heavenly. Chocolate + PB… + more chocolate = awesome. How would I stuff my brownie bites otherwise, though? With more chocolate! (i.e. Molten lava brownie bites – like molten chocolate cake, with a cakey exterior but fudgy interior~)

I have no foodie friends, haha! Most of the people I go out to dinner with “just eat”. They rarely ever say that something is bad, or critique their food, or pay attention to subtle flavours, etc. Only my mom takes the time to appreciate the finesse of some dishes and the quality of ingredients.

Sine starting to read blogs, I’m glad that I’ve found I’m not the only one who enjoys grocery shopping at Whole Foods so much! I used to think I was just flat out crazy or something, hah.

1. Haha me too! Or, at least, my friends used to think I was crazy (and I used to believe them ;)).

4. VEGirl says:

I would stuff mine with mocha filling, an atop it with jelly 🙂

5. Ragnhild says:

<3<3
    This looks perfect!
    And please, try to stuff them with cookie dought! I remember once upon a time (like 4 or 5 years ago 🙂 ) I made a brownie in a pan, spead cookie dough all over the top, and then melted chocolate as a top layer! EVERYBODY loved them!

1. Ellie says:

Oh yum, how could they not?! 😉

6. Yum! These sound like they were made for me. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

7. My hubby and I both dabble in foodie culture. For instance, we love good beer n’ cheese, especially when well paired, but we both also chow down on not so glamorous eats. Yeah, late night takeout Chinese, anyone? 🙂

8. Pretty sure I don’t know a single guy that is a foodie. My boyfriend is good though – as he will try my healthier recipes.. but would never try and come up with a new one on his own!

9. VeggieGirl says:

Suave Slav has an iron stomach, so he can handle any new/exotic food out there 🙂 He helps me to be more adventurous and to break out of my food ruts as well.

10. tea-bag says:

most of the guys i know, i’ve met from working in kitchens so, yeah, they’re foodies – but they’d probably barf if they ever heard themselves referred to as that!

11. AH STOP KATIE!! srly things keep getting better! im not exaggerating!! does this have my name all over it or what?!!? add a banana on the side and we are SET TO GO!

12. Susan says:

Sweet mercy on us. These look good.

13. Gen says:

Yum!!!! PB+Chocolate is one of my all-time favorite combos!!!!!

14. Angela says:

I don’t think you can get much better than peanut butter and chocolate. I was thinking of stuffing them with a chocolate sauce, but maybe I will try the PB.

My bf is a complete foodie. He’s the one that gave me to the link to your site in the first place. We are always trying to come up with healthier and tastier treats, which is why we have been experimenting with brownie recipes lately. So far, mine is the winner (flourless chocolate brownies). However, this could be the new contender, just hopefully he doesn’t see the recipe before I get a chance to make it!!

15. I know only one guy who really appreciates fine foods, and we have the greatest conversations about it! most guys I know forget to eat all day then stuff their faces with pizza or sandwiches! anything that will just fill them up. I could never do that haha! I think stuffing it with some kind of whipped cream would be delish!

16. My brother is a foodie but he doesn’t consider what I eat to be food 🙂 I’m with you on the stuffed cookie dough brownies…Since I like pretzels so much, maybe I’d stuff my brownies with soft pretzels? Salty n’ Sweet 😉

17. Meg! says:

I know a couple guy foodies – if only their names were Adam Levine or John Mayer…HA just kidding 😉 My “dood foodies” are more into different types of food than I am. Kinda like the Man vs. Food way 😉 haha!

LOVE this recipe idea, Katie, you make me drool. Seriously. Ok…that sounded wrong…your GENIUS RECIPES make me drool 😀

1. Ellie says:

Hahaha dood foodies?!?! Funniest thing I’ve heard all week. Now I am totally going to call all my guy friends that. Too bad they are not picky at all when it comes to food :(.

18. Mellie says:

My dad’s not a foodie, he just likes to eat. As for the brownies they look amazing!

19. Ohh these look fabulous! My dad loves anything pb-chocolate so I think I might make these for him as a healthy alternative!

For my brownies, I think they would be great stuffed with mint! Or maybe some sort of raspberry filling? That would look really pretty too! Hmm any suggestions on how to make one?

1. Maybe just stuff a raspberry in there!
      Or raspberry jam?

20. Emily says:

Peanut butter and chocolate is the best!