Cookie Dough Mini Muffins

Graduation Time!

I’ve been invited to a plethora of graduation parties these past few weeks. And yesterday’s was really fun: it was a brunch party. I decided to make mini muffins, because muffins are quintessential brunch fare, and because mini muffins are so dang cute!

cookie muffins2

cookie muffins3

I also brought a date to the party.

muttsee

His name is Muttsee, and I’ve had him my entire life. (It was a pajama-themed brunch, and I love getting into the spirit of theme parties. You can bet I wore my pajamas!)

Question of the Day:

Growing up, did you have a favorite stuffed animal or baby blanket?

Coming soon: ice cream, pancakes, and a Funfetti version of this.

1. I was nervous to make the pie but these are the perfect solution for portion control! Did how many mini-tins worth did you get from the recipe?

Thanks!

1. I’m not sure! My friend asked me to make her a mini springform cake too (Ya know, so she wouldn’t have to share lol). So I filled two muffin tins and a springform. I’m guessing you’d probably want to halve the recipe to just make 24 mini muffins.

2. Kaylyn says:

Brilliant – mini muffin tins! I am definitely going to make some of these for our Father’s Day brunch this weekend! They look super cute in those mini muffin tins 🙂

3. These look so good! ANd Mustee is super cute! I still have a doll called Sarah that I had when I was younger packed away somewhere. I vowed never to throw her away and I haven’t! 🙂

4. Ohkay beans in desserts equal amazing (hello black bean brownies??)
    I wish I had mini muffin tins 🙁 Could I use the recipe with a standard 12 muffin tin?
    I’ve had a tweety bird stuffed animal ever since I was born ( its never been my date, but it has had play dates with my Barbies before haha!).

1. I bet you could! I know that one commenter made muffins out of my blondie recipe, so I don’t know how this would be any different.

The only thing I’d caution is to not take them out right away after they come out of the oven. I tried to take a mini muffin out when it was still hot, and it fell apart. So wait like 20 minutes.

5. I should totally be embarassed to admit it. But I have 2 stuffed toys that I LOVE so much I can’t fall asleep without them! (picture here: http://ibakewhoeats.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/all-the-randomness-at-once/)
    I’ve had them since I was 5! And they pretty much grew up with me (though I grew, they didn’t :D) I still have them. When my brother and I were kids, we reconstructed our wardrobe into a ‘mansion’ for them with barbie furnitures.
    OKAY. Enough of my rambling. am getting embarassed. Anyway, LOVE this idea of making the mini-muffins! And I totally agree that beans COMPLETELY okay for desserts!

To haters: Think Japanese desserts, Chinese desserts… our (or rather my)ancestors didn’t create ‘stupid’ beany desserts. Beany desserts are EXTREMELY delicious. So there!

6. Lisa Fine says:

Hello Muttsee! So cute.

I had a yellow baby blanket that I brought with me everywhere; it’s still in my closet at my parents’ house.

Question, and maybe it’s on your blog somewhere. What kind of camera do you use? I love that second muffin photo.

1. I have a Nikon D5000… but I really don’t know that it takes such great photos. I feel like every single photo I take is yellow and has a filmy look. I have to do a LOT of editing. Not sure if this is a fault of the camera or just the fact that I’m such an amateur photographer. It’s always easier to blame someone else 😉

Anyway, for that second photo: I sharpened, brightened, AND blurred the background using photoshop.

7. Tricia says:

When I was a kid, I had a black bear that I took absolutely everywhere 🙂

8. Oh my! My own dear (and now sadly departed) English Springer Spaniel, Scout, had a a Mutsy since we first brought her home from the breeder… it was the same size as she was at the time. It became her constant companion and we replaced it with a new Mutsty when she was 5.. she had loved the first one so much and it had been washed so many times, it was literally a string! I even wrote Gund to tell them how well it had stood up. She would carry it everywhere in her mouth.

I am so happy to see your Mutsy! It really made me smile this morning and brings back so many lovely memories. Thanks for sharing, Katie.!

1. Aww Elle, your comment made me smile because it reminded me of my dog, Molly. She had a friend too, Fleecy Friend. Sadly she wasn’t very nice to him… she tore all the stuffing outta him! LOL

9. Gen says:

Mini muffins are the best!!! 😀 Yummy recipe!

10. liz says:

Those look awesome- and beans in desserts? I’m down. You know what’s stupid, people that put things down before even trying them.

1. So true! I used to take a nutella sandwich to school, in preschool, and everyone thought it was weird. And now nutella is the new thing!

11. hippierunner says:

Those sound good! I bought more chickpeas the other day because I absolutely NEED more blondie batter, it was seriously so AMAZING! Thank you Katie for that awesome recipe! 🙂

12. Emily says:

Yum! I want one NOW! 🙂

13. krickit6 says:

Love the mini-muffins! I cant wait to try them, maybe tomorrow 🙂

My favorite stuffed animal was/is a hound dog named Sad Eyes. My Dad brought him to me the day I was born 🙂 In a sort of sad story, my Mom was so upset when I was born because she thought my Dad only wanted a little boy, and that he wouldnt love me because I was a girl! Of course, my Dad loved me to death (as Dads tend to do with their newborn babies, right?!) and “proved” it by bringing me the sweet gift of my very own, bigger-than-me puppy 🙂

1. Emily says:

Aww! A sad story, but with a happy ending!

14. Vogelstar says:

I had a blanket with teddy bears on it, it’s very faded now but you can see that some of the female bears are anatomically correct. Not sure where my mom bought that. We always have a good laugh now in retrospect

15. Victoria says:

Trying beans in dessert is on my agenda this week. Do the beans lend any taste difference at all? Can’t wait to try!

pursuitofhippieness.com

1. Emily says:

I’m not Katie, but I’ve tried the cookie pie and the blondies, and I’ve served them both to non-healthy eaters and NO ONE can tell that it’s not just your basic cookie pie made with butter and flour!

16. I had a baby blanket and a Madame Alexander doll named Victoria, with porcelin head and limbs and a soft body. She was my very first baby doll and I love her still. 🙂

1. Lisa C says:

Ohmigosh I *heart* Madame Alexander dolls!!! Love love love!
      I have a huge collection of the little ones. It’s one thing I have more of than peanut butter jars which is saying something ;).

17. Jenny says:

I agree about beany desserts! The Japanese have some pretty awesome desserts with sweet red bean paste – anko – and you wouldn’t know that’s what it is unless you asked someone! Otherwise it’s just delicious. Oh well, maybe ignorance is bliss when it comes to the beany desserts… or at least until after they’ve eaten. 🙂 There are so many recipes online for bean flour desserts – and you can’t seriously argue that there’s much of a difference between those recipes and the ones you come up with… except yours are more moist because of the cooked beans and more delicious. 😀

I had a pink baby blanket AND a favourite stuffed animal – both in my possession since I was born (i.e. my parents’ first gifts to me?). I so cleverly named him “Bear” (although I could only say “Beah” at first), and he’s super worn out now, with chipped little eyes and patches of missing fur… Yep, he’s been well-loved.

18. I always tried to have a favorite stuffed animal or blanket but could never hold onto one long enough…I’d get bored and move onto a different one too soon!

19. Emily says:

I have a mini muffin tin just waiting for this! OMG! 🙂

20. Jenny$1983 says:

I mentioned in Averie’s post that I made the choc chip blondies and loved them, as did my non-healthy eating dad, and I’ve since made the Snickerdoodle ones and they’ve had the same (hugely appreciative) reception 🙂 I don’t really get the big deal … why is it any stranger than anything else we eat? If it tastes good and works well I don’t understand the problem.

I just got some silicone mini muffin cases as a gift a couple of days ago, I can’t wait to try these 🙂

Muttsee is so cute! I had a stuffed dog, an Andrex puppy, that I just called “Good Dog” (aw, sweet li’l me :D). I looked after all of my toys, so although it went everywhere with me it’s still in good condition, yay!

I think this is my first comment on your blog, so I’d just like to say thank you, I enjoy it very much and I really appreciate all of the work, effort and time that goes into making such a great source of fun, information and yumliciousness 😀

1. Aww you are already my new best friend, simply because you used the word “yumliciousness.” 🙂 🙂