Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Fashion… and Fudge Brownies

If I seem a little scatterbrained this week, it’s because I’m in the middle of making one of the biggest decisions of my life! I really wish I could talk to y’all about it… but I can’t yet, because I still have no idea what I’m going to decide!

So, instead, I’ll post about less-dramatic things, like recent eats and fashion musings. In the foodie department, I am currently addicted to these:

Addictive Chickpea Poppers

My newest-favorite spice combination is cumin and cayenne. But cinnamon-ginger is good too. I wonder if this would work with other beans? Like butter beans or pintos?

I am also currently wondering if I can pull off the romper look:

Or if I’d even want to.

Maybe I will save the trendy styles for fashionistas like my sister and some of my friends. I’ll stick to more-traditional clothes, like this dress I recently found at Target, which reminds me of Hawaii:

It’s much more in sync with my fashion style.

And it was on sale!

I spend enough money on fancy food items like coconut butter; I have to save somewhere! (I try to stay away from stores like Anthropologie for this reason. Every time I walk into that store, my hand somehow gravitates towards their most expensive items.)

Finally, I am currently excited because of a wonderful discovery:

You can freeze the Ultimate Fudge Brownies.

Now, I’m able to have brownies whenever I want! (I thaw them before eating, and then they taste just as fudgey and delicious as when they were first made.)

Question of the Day:

Have you eaten anything yummy today?

One of the best things I’ve eaten so far: these pancakes.

1. Hannah says:

My most yummy thing today was Booja Booja coconut ice cream, which is really expensive so it was a treat, but really everything I eat is yummy. I don’t eat things I don’t like.

2. The most yummy thing I had today was cherry almond granola that my in-laws just sent me. I love surprise care packages! :)

1. I hope whatever is causing you “drama” works out!!!

3. Katie says:

Katie, JUST SAY NO! No one can pull off the romper look. NO ONE!

4. Good luck with everything Katie!
    And I am totally in love with rompers. They’re a cute, once-in-a-while-comfy-as-ever staple in my wardrobe. But that dress is adorable! I lurrve Target clothing 😀 The yummiest thing I ate today was hummus with pita chips & carrot sticks. I’m now addicted!

5. Those brownies look amazing already, but to freeze them, it would be double amazing! I hope everything works out with your big decision!

6. krickit6 says:

I love that dress, too, Katie! Makes me think I might need to head to Target.. hmm.. :-) My yummiest meal of the day hasnt happened yet, but I will be eating homemade barley risotto with asparagus for lunch, and I cannot WAIT! :-)

Im wishing you the best in making your big decision! Im sure you will do the right thing, everything has a way of working out! :-)

7. Can’t wait to hear of this decision!!

And I am lovin the Tropical Dress.. too cute :)

8. The YUMMY of today is my mum’s home cooked stewed tofu and black beans in dark soy sauce accompanied by delicious veggies and rice. I rarely like savoury stuff but mom’s cooking is BEST! 😀 Your chickpeas looks tempting by the way! 😀

9. Aimee says:

I love that dress! So pretty :).

10. Jen says:

Sometimes frozen desserts are even better because they get super chewy. Frozen brownies or chocolate chip cookies are so damn good. I spend a lot of money on food too. I think Whole Foods should just give me one of their stores. I’m sure I’ve paid for it by now!

11. Lisa C says:

I think if anyone can pull off the romper look, it’s you :). But that Target dress is way cuter. And I’m excited to know this about the brownies… But wait, who cares? When I’ve made them (twice now), there’s never any leftovers to freeze ;).

12. I had the BEST breakfast yesterday and today!
    I am debating the romper look as well for the summer :)

13. Megan says:

I think you could “romp” the look! Your chickpeas look amazing and I echo your love for cayenne and cumin! I also love chipotle chile powder and smoked paprika along with those. I have been in love with breakfast too: greek yogurt, chocolate & cinnamon almonds, flax, plump blueberries, and drizzled peanut butter!

14. hippierunner says:

Good luck with the decision you have to make! The yummy thing I ate today was breakfast- raw oatmeal w almond milk, flax and frozen blueberries. It’s like ice cream!

15. Not even kidding, you could TOTALLY pull off that romper!! Get get get it!! Oh, and I am stealing that dress! It is GORGEOUS!! And haha I’m the same!! I spend SO much money on my food addictions that I have to make savings on my clothes! Thank goodness for H&M!! 😛

I’m about to eat something VERY yummy I’m sure, and it’s called CCK’s chocolate voluminous ice cream!! 😀

1. No need to steal it… if you come visit me, I’ll share with my favorite Emma! :)

16. I had some rather tasty Raspberry Cobbler Bars :)

Found a tasty recipe somewhere (Hmmm, I wonder where that could have been?) and decided to try them hehe – not surprisingly they where as yummy as anything I try from here is 😀

1. Oh my gosh, I’m so so excited you tried them! :) :)

17. Ahhh those look so rich and fudgey I seriously need to make some asap I dont know if they would even make it into the freezer!

18. Sarah says:

Yummm I’ve only had french toast so far today, but I’d say that’s pretty freakin’ delish! And I too don’t believe I can pull off the romper :( I must have a funky torso or something.

19. Emily says:

Love the romper, I totally think you could pull it off! Anyone can pull off anything if they have the confidence to do it! :)
    And I haven’t eaten anything today! I better go change that asap.

20. You could totally pull off the romper! I wish I could…
    And I just had a microwave banana protein oatcake. with PB!

21. Eric Jaffa says:

Have you worn a romper before?

22. Ragnhild says:

I think you can totally pull off the romper, but I love your dress too :)
    The best thing Ive eaten today is my fresh bakes Date Crumb Squares from Candle Cafe Cookbook! So so good, and my apartment smells heavenly thanks to them 😀

1. I’ve had that recipe bookmarked for a long time!

23. anonymous says:

katie! can you post a picture of you in the dress? :) your so pretty! :)

1. Thanks! Hmmm… maybe I will post one! :)

24. You could definitely pull off the romper! I have tried multiple times only to find that when I try them on, I look like I’m wearing my grandmother’s clothes. I am short waisted and have long legs, and they are definitely not made for me!

I had Fitnessista’s cookie dough cereal bowl for breakfast and then had a tomato sandwich for an in-between-workouts snack.

1. I still haven’t even tried her breakfast cookies! :( I keep meaning to do so… I might just be the only person in the blogworld who hasn’t. Gina is just adorable :).

1. Me either I need to get on trying this cereal ASAP!

25. Ann Claire says:

I can’t wait to hear about the new things going on in your life, I’m sure you will make the decision that is right for you.
    And I totally think you could pull of a romper :)

26. Yep, you would look adorable in that romper! I tried one on at Target to wear to Bonnaroo, but it looked silly on me. And the shorts were way too short. My ass was hanging out! Good luck with your big decision! I’m dying to know what it is…

As for something yummy, this morning I had pumpkin “cheddar” biscuits with veggie ham. :-)

27. Do the romper. My rompers are my favorite articles of clothing, and we have super similar body types. Anything that’s a onesie is fine with me haha.

28. I nearly always freeze my brownies now as I think they taste fudgier when they’ve been thawed! You could so pull off the romper look!

29. Aja says:

That dress is so pretty.
    I can’t pull off the romper look. I tried, but I just look funny. Bet you could, though.
    Freezing brownies for some reason always makes them tastier. It’s weird.
    Good luck with your decision, too.

1. Sarah C says:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm yes I love frozen brownies! Especially in summer :).

30. Sarah C says:

I definitely can’t do the romper thing! I’ve tried. It just looked weird!

1. Sarah C says:

Oh, and I’ve made your brownies. They are the best! :)

31. Iris says:

Vegan, gluten-free mini-blueberry pies for breakfast :)

You can definitely pull off the romper…don’t know if you’d want to. I tend to try them on, decide they look cute, and then put them back on the shelf because I’m sure they’ll go out of style quickly.

32. Liza says:

my friend baked suuuuper healthy blueberry walnut muffins and saved me two — so yummy!

33. Ruthiey says:

Hi I just wrote a FUDGE post and dedicated it (partly) to you! =D

34. I wonder what you’re deciding on! Can’t wait to hear :-) As for rompers, I think you’d totally rock that look. When you do, post a pic pretty please. Those chickpea poppers look yummmmmy!

35. katherine says:

I ate a breakfast sandwich on cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast…so good. And I am with you on the romper, bought one thinking it looked okay got home and my mom told me otherwise. Needless to say the romper was returned the next day, I feel my mom knows pretty well what flatters me and if she doesn’t like it, it usually goes back.

1. I do the same thing! My mom has way better fashion sense than me! (My sister does too… she’s always telling me I can’t go out of the house when I’m wearing something “unfashionable.” Not that I always listen to her… ;))

36. Emilia says:

LOVE the romper and dress. I feel the same way about rompers– am I trendy and cool enough to pull off wearing them? :)
    Mmm, roasted chickpeas are super yummy. I love adding coconut oil, ginger, cumin, curry, cinnamon and a touch of cayenne

37. You totally have the perfect body type to pull off the romper! You should go for it! For someone with big, “can you please get out of my way so I can play golf” boobs, rompers usually make me look preggers. BOO.
    So far, all I’ve ingested this morning is some cantaloupe and an iced coffee. But please believe, they’ll be some indian food and cupcakes later today!

38. AWWWW THE Suspense 😛

I had an absolutely delectable pecan sticky roll for bfast today 😀 Yummm…love this recipe 😀

39. Jennifer JCD says:

Skip the romper and go with the dress! I haven’t figured out thw whole romper/jumpsuit thing… We get most of our clothes from the thrift store because they’re practically new and ridiculously cheap: I snagged the deal of the century for a Costa Blanca dress at $13 and a two cute Club Monaco skirts for $8 each and I cannot wait to wear them! If only the weather would cooperate…

And I agree with everyone above, take your time to make your big decisions and then keep us all informed. We want to support you! (And if it’s personal and none of our business, that’s perfectly fine too.)

40. Rebecca says:

Yummy fresh bing cherries with my breakfast oatmeal this morning!

I think you can pull of the romper. But, I remember wearing these years ago and it was a real pain to completely undress any time you need to use the bathroom.

1. LOL! I never even thought of that. Oh the romper is definitely out. I don’t even like wearing a watch because it’s annoying to take it off every time I have to wash my hands!

41. Wait till you have kids. The scatterbrainedness just get worse. When I write posts for my blog I have no idea if I’m making sense to anyone but what can you expect when you have 3 little ones who need your attention.

42. The fudge brownies look yummy!

43. Anonymous says:

The most yummy thing I ate today was my pecan granola! For the first time I made granola without burning it… crazy! Though so far nothing today tops the ice cream that I made yesterday using your recipe. I can’t get over how awesome it was!

You can definitely wear a romper. They are my favorite article of clothing! Especially for traveling. It’s shorts and a shirt in one, and you can’t beat that!

1. Tara says:

i forgot to put my name in! haha. That comment was me :)

1. Aww lol I hardly ever get NICE anonymous comments ;).

44. Katherine says:

I have been dying to try the romper look.

My oats were pretty yummy this morning!

45. Stephanie says:

I think you could pull off a romper. Try it! :)

46. I actually definetely think you could pull off the romper. The Suspense is gonna kill me about this decision you speak of haha! It’s funny, you never really know more than half the stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a blogger’s ‘real’ life! Today I ate a delicious egg breakfast but I’ll spare the vegans the details lol :)

best. idea. everrrrr

48. You can freeze the Ultimate Fudge Brownies = I freeze ALL of my desserts, balls, bites, etc. I first cut everything into a single serving piece so I am not sawing thru frozen desserts, but once they are cut, I put everything in tupperwares and freeze them. My grandma did this for 60 years, freezing everything, and it worked for her. Take out what I need 15 mins before I eat it, and it’s good as new.

I mean some things truly are better fresh, but I love having a huge frozen arsenal of treats at my disposal so if I feel like anything from brownies to carrot cake to a truffle to a nobake this or that bite, I have it.

And I saw that peach cobbler pic of yours on FG yesterday when I was looking for my own submission. I KNEW that pic would make it the minute I saw it on your blog yesterday :)

1. I saw yours too!!! Your caramel rum sauce! I smiled so big!

49. Lauren says:

I hope everything is okay with you Katie! It sounds like you have a good decision to make 😀 I hope so! Those brownies just started a huge chocolate craving for me! Maybe I should go make them? Of course!

50. I’m making bean brownies right now!!!!! :D:D So I’d say that’ll be a pretty yummy thing I’ll eat today :)

51. AHHHH I LOVE ROMPERS!!!! Desserts are sometimes waaaay better frozen. I recently made a bunch of cookies + brownies and froze them. They taste so good straight outta the freezer becauase they don’t even freeze all the way!

52. Victoria says:

I love rompers!!! they’re my favorite piece of summer clothing. I have 4 of them. Those brownies are making me hungry!!

53. Lisa says:

nothing outrageously delicious today….but I had a bag of Smart Puffs at the beach and those were quite tasty :)

54. Moni'sMeals says:

those chickpea poppers SURELY caught my eye.
    I also just bought some really cute dresses! Summer Time!

Yummy today=YES- Chocolate covered strawberries- 2 of them, the size of a lemon!

55. Aren’t those brownies great frozen? I like to defrost them for roughly a minute in the microwave and they still taste just like fudge! :) Good luck with the decision!

56. I’m jealous of the people who look cute in rompers. I KNOW it would be really, really bad if I ever tried. Go for it if you can pull it off! :) I’ve had a killer green monster today!

57. Mellie says:

mmm those chickpea poppers look AMAZING. I haven’t really eaten anything amazing today.

58. I had blueberry pancakes for dinner so those were certainly delicious!

59. I freeze black bean brownies and eat them cold and firm all da time! I have made roasted chickpeas before and I never got the exact crunch I was looking for. Next time I will try and roast them longer at a lower heat using your cumin/cayenne suggestion.

60. Oc Ziegler says:

I had your cookie dough voluminous oats for breakfast and they were quite yummy :) I love starting off the day with a breakfast that feel like desert so I make them pretty often!

61. DEFINITELY try out a romper if you have even the slightest inclination that you want to. It’s FUN to try out new fashion styles & what is the worst that could happen? A silly picture here or there…but that just means more memories to laugh about 😉
    I’ve tried the maxi dress (usually not great on me), the romper look (I am still obsessed with rompers, but not as much as last summer!), the high-waisted shorts, the wedge heels (love wedges now – you look so tall and your feet don’t hurt) and so many other weird and wonderful trends. Yeah, they don’t last, but it’s sure fun to experiment. 😉

1. My favorite thing is to try out trends AFTER they go out of fashion… then people give you really odd looks. It’s funny :).

62. Michelle says:

I almost bought that same dress at Target! Now I wish I would have! I think you could pull of that look! I know I could not though.
    The best thing I have eaten recently is oats in a jar. Love them!

63. My wardrobe totally suffers in favor of my taste buds!!

64. Megan says:

Speaking of new discoveries with your amazing fudge brownies, I tried making your cheesecake dip and swirling it in before baking. You can imagine how thrilled I was that my little experiment was a success; there’s just nothing better than cream cheese brownies.

1. Oh my goodness, that is genius!

65. Cindy says:

CCK–I “discovered” your site through a link and a friend and think you’re the cutest lil’ thing ever (and WHY NOT rock the romper look…it could be fun!)! Thank you for giving me access to tons of yummy and healthy recipes–my husband’s nutritionist put him on a strict diet and I thought his sweet tooth was going to drive BOTH of us nuts!

1. Awww! I am so glad you found me! :)

66. Adam says:

i have to try the chickpea poppers, yum

and today i had a yummy cookie from a local coffee shop.. sunbutter chocolate chip.. like a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie but made with sunflower seed butter instead, plus it was gluten-free, and vegan of course :)

67. I think you could most definitely pull off a romper! They’re so cute!
    I had lots of yummy food today including my 5 ingredient crispies :)

68. Vickie says:

I ate a peice of cashew cheesecake (your recipe)….yummy!

69. Frozen baked goods are amazing. You let them thaw a little then devour…mmmm. Makes me want to make a batch of cookies just to do that!

70. good luck with the big decision that you have on your mind! i know how stressful big events/changes/decisions can be and i’m sure you will figure out the right thing to do for you! and know that watever it is there are tons of us here/there to support you!! :)

the easy decision is YES u can pull off the romper, i think u will look super cute!! :)

71. Michaela says:

Good luck for your decision!!
    Best thing I ate today.. That MUST be your fudge brownies!! My friend (who I forced into trying them. Of course, in the end, she asked me for the recipe :)) could not believe the ingredients! Winner :)

1. Michaela says:

I´m glad that made you happy, because you makes me happy all the time :)
        (And I agree with Veronica from below: Though I would never want to wear a romper myself, I bet you would look great in one!)

72. Veronica says:

Katie! You were MADE for the romper. You would look soooo cute in one of those–I can imagine it perfectly. With some strappy sandals, you’d totally rock it.

73. Kathy says:

Hi Katie,
    Love your blog! So curious about the big decision, can you let us in on it? I feel like I know you, I spend so much time looking at all of your yummy creations. Have a great day

1. Hi Kathy! I really meant to share earlier, but last-minute vacation plans got in the way of writing a post about it. I will have something up before the end of August! (Most likely in July)