Fashion… and Fudge Brownies

Currently

If I seem a little scatterbrained this week, it’s because I’m in the middle of making one of the biggest decisions of my life! I really wish I could talk to y’all about it… but I can’t yet, because I still have no idea what I’m going to decide!

So, instead, I’ll post about less-dramatic things, like recent eats and fashion musings. In the foodie department, I am currently addicted to these:

chickpeas

Addictive Chickpea Poppers

My newest-favorite spice combination is cumin and cayenne. But cinnamon-ginger is good too. I wonder if this would work with other beans? Like butter beans or pintos?

I am also currently wondering if I can pull off the romper look.

Or if I’d even want to.

Maybe I will save the trendy styles for fashionistas like my sister and some of my friends. I’ll stick to more-traditional clothes, like this dress I recently found at Target, which reminds me of Hawaii:

dress

It’s much more in sync with my fashion style.

And it was on sale!

I spend enough money on fancy food items like coconut butter; I have to save somewhere! (I try to stay away from stores like Anthropologie for this reason. Every time I walk into that store, my hand somehow gravitates towards their most expensive items.)

Finally, I am currently excited because of a wonderful discovery:

brownies

You can freeze the Ultimate Fudge Brownies.

Now, I’m able to have brownies whenever I want! (I thaw them before eating, and then they taste just as fudgey and delicious as when they were first made.)

1. The most yummy thing I had today was cherry almond granola that my in-laws just sent me. I love surprise care packages! 🙂

1. I hope whatever is causing you “drama” works out!!!

2. Katie says:

Katie, JUST SAY NO! No one can pull off the romper look. NO ONE!

3. krickit6 says:

I love that dress, too, Katie! Makes me think I might need to head to Target.. hmm.. 🙂 My yummiest meal of the day hasnt happened yet, but I will be eating homemade barley risotto with asparagus for lunch, and I cannot WAIT! 🙂

Im wishing you the best in making your big decision! Im sure you will do the right thing, everything has a way of working out! 🙂

4. Can’t wait to hear of this decision!!

And I am lovin the Tropical Dress.. too cute 🙂

5. The YUMMY of today is my mum’s home cooked stewed tofu and black beans in dark soy sauce accompanied by delicious veggies and rice. I rarely like savoury stuff but mom’s cooking is BEST! 😀 Your chickpeas looks tempting by the way! 😀

6. Aimee says:

I love that dress! So pretty :).

7. Lisa C says:

I think if anyone can pull off the romper look, it’s you :). But that Target dress is way cuter. And I’m excited to know this about the brownies… But wait, who cares? When I’ve made them (twice now), there’s never any leftovers to freeze ;).

8. I had the BEST breakfast yesterday and today! http://lauren-whatlaurenlikes.blogspot.com/2011/06/biting-pancake-bug.html
    I am debating the romper look as well for the summer 🙂

9. Megan says:

I think you could “romp” the look! Your chickpeas look amazing and I echo your love for cayenne and cumin! I also love chipotle chile powder and smoked paprika along with those. I have been in love with breakfast too: greek yogurt, chocolate & cinnamon almonds, flax, plump blueberries, and drizzled peanut butter!

10. hippierunner says:

Good luck with the decision you have to make! The yummy thing I ate today was breakfast- raw oatmeal w almond milk, flax and frozen blueberries. It’s like ice cream!

11. Not even kidding, you could TOTALLY pull off that romper!! Get get get it!! Oh, and I am stealing that dress! It is GORGEOUS!! And haha I’m the same!! I spend SO much money on my food addictions that I have to make savings on my clothes! Thank goodness for H&M!! 😛

I’m about to eat something VERY yummy I’m sure, and it’s called CCK’s chocolate voluminous ice cream!! 😀

1. No need to steal it… if you come visit me, I’ll share with my favorite Emma! 🙂

12. Ahhh those look so rich and fudgey I seriously need to make some asap I dont know if they would even make it into the freezer!

13. Sarah says:

Yummm I’ve only had french toast so far today, but I’d say that’s pretty freakin’ delish! And I too don’t believe I can pull off the romper 🙁 I must have a funky torso or something.

14. Emily says:

Love the romper, I totally think you could pull it off! Anyone can pull off anything if they have the confidence to do it! 🙂
    And I haven’t eaten anything today! I better go change that asap.

15. Eric Jaffa says:

Have you worn a romper before?

16. Ragnhild says:

I think you can totally pull off the romper, but I love your dress too 🙂
    The best thing Ive eaten today is my fresh bakes Date Crumb Squares from Candle Cafe Cookbook! So so good, and my apartment smells heavenly thanks to them 😀

1. I’ve had that recipe bookmarked for a long time!

17. anonymous says:

katie! can you post a picture of you in the dress? 🙂 your so pretty! 🙂

1. Thanks! Hmmm… maybe I will post one! 🙂

18. You could definitely pull off the romper! I have tried multiple times only to find that when I try them on, I look like I’m wearing my grandmother’s clothes. I am short waisted and have long legs, and they are definitely not made for me!

I had Fitnessista’s cookie dough cereal bowl for breakfast and then had a tomato sandwich for an in-between-workouts snack.

1. I still haven’t even tried her breakfast cookies! 🙁 I keep meaning to do so… I might just be the only person in the blogworld who hasn’t. Gina is just adorable :).

1. Me either I need to get on trying this cereal ASAP!

19. Yep, you would look adorable in that romper! I tried one on at Target to wear to Bonnaroo, but it looked silly on me. And the shorts were way too short. My ass was hanging out! Good luck with your big decision! I’m dying to know what it is…

As for something yummy, this morning I had pumpkin “cheddar” biscuits with veggie ham. 🙂

20. Do the romper. My rompers are my favorite articles of clothing, and we have super similar body types. Anything that’s a onesie is fine with me haha.