Chocolate-Chip Banana Bites

Hors d’oeuvres will never be the same.

bananabite

Imagine you’re invited to a “desserts only” party.

A party where everything—from the drinks, to the appetizers, to the main course—is a dessert.

Dare to dream.

bananabites2

Impress all your friends with these gourmet-looking cookie bites that are secretly healthy and so simple to make!

Chocolate-Chip Banana Bites

• 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour (I used 70g oat flour. You can use all-purpose, spelt, or gf all-purpose.)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
  • 3 tbsp to 1/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on your preference
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut brown sugar or sucanat (do not omit or sub with white) (20g)
  • 1tbsp plus 2tsp white sugar or evaporated cane juice (If you have no sweet tooth, like me, you can omit) (21g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil (or pre-melted margarine) (12g)
  • 2-3 tbsp milk of choice, or more if needed (feel free to switch proportions of milk and oil) (30-45g)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients, then add in wet. Form baby-sized cookies OR big cookies and bake 6-8 minutes. Take out when still underdone–they’ll continue to cook while cooling, and so you don’t want them to get hard. (If you made big cookies, you can use a circle-shaped cookie cutter to achieve baby cookies.) To serve: sandwich a banana slice between two cookies. If possible, do this at the last minute so the bananas stay fresh. For a variation, replace banana with sliced strawberries!

If you’d prefer, here’s a Sugar Free Variation.

bananabites2

If you’re in the mood for a naughtier version…

cookies4

Forget the bananas and make Cookie Sandwiches.

Changing subjects…
What would you prefer?

I’m going to be in NYC this next week, so I was wondering: would y’all be interested in seeing trip-recap posts, with restaurant reviews and point-n-shoot photos? (I’m not bringing my DSLR camera on vacation.) Or would you rather I stick to my signature dessert posts? I don’t care either way, so I wanted to ask your opinions. (Even if you do vote for NYC-recap posts, I’ll still mix in some recipe posts as well.)

Also, a huge thank you to whomever put this post on stumbleupon. I don’t really understand stumbleupon, but I was amazed by how many people viewed the post. Usually (read: never), my blog doesn’t get 5,000 unique visitors from of 2-3am!

Tags: , , ,

1. Shanna-Banana says:

I’d love to see posts about your NY trip! It’s a good idea. 🙂

2. I’d definetely love to see NYC pictures!! It’s nice to change it up and trip recaps are a ton of fun to read about. Hope you have a blast, no doubt you will!

3. Lisa Fine says:

Yum – that’s one of my favorite combinations (chocolate and banana), and they’re so cute.

I’d love to hear about your trip to NYC….are you planning on any blogger meet-ups? I might be there next week, and it’d be fun to meet up. 🙂

1. I’m not planning a meet-up. Honestly, I wish there were a way to do a meet-up (and post about where I’m going to be at an exact time) without worrying about privacy and all.

4. Jennifer JCD says:

Yummylicious!

As for NYC, I’d love to hear about your trip! I’ve never been there, but would like to someday. For now, I can live vicariously through others. 🙂 Have a great trip!

5. I bet these would be great with cookie dough!

6. It’s like you’re making me choose between your fudge daddies and raw cookie dough… Can we have both… pretty please?! 😀

7. You should totally host that dinner party. That would rock. A lot.

8. tea-bag says:

i’m with everyone else – i want trip recap!!! 🙂 it’s always fun to see someone’s life & vacations! 🙂 have fun!

9. Melissa says:

THANK YOU! Its like you read my mind. I have a party to go to, and while its not a dessert party, I was put in charge of desserts. I’m definitely gonna make these!!!

10. I LOVE DESSERTS!! Though, seeing New York City from your perspective would be SO cool! 🙂

11. Sarahishealthy says:

I would LOVE to hear a trip recap! And if you’re still doing recipe posts too, it’s like we get the best of both worlds from our favorite blogger! 🙂

12. Lisa C. says:

YUM!!!
    Your photos just keep getting better and better. I could stare at them all day 🙂

13. NYC recap is great! but it is whatever you would like Katie! The chocolate and the banana is a never fail combo! ….Happy Monday! 🙂

14. Erika says:

These are beautiful, Katie :). But I am with many of the other commenters. I’ve told you before that I am so interested in your “day in the life” posts, so I’m excited for the NYC ones!
    Happy day, sweet Katie!

15. Maddie says:

Oh! I’d LOVE to see some NYC posts! 🙂

16. kate says:

these are so precious I love anything stuffed!!

17. Eric Jaffa says:

Write about NYC.

18. VEGirl says:

Aww adorable! I have been tossing around the idea of having an “everything mini” tea party with lots of little nibbles that are mini :D. I even have a mini teacup set! 😉 Mini pies, mini cookies, mini sandwiches, mini frosted cakes, mini cupcakes. It would be so much fun!

Personally, I would love to hear about your trip– especially the food on your trip (I have my priorities)! I can understand why you wouldn’t want to bring your camera, but if you make a make-shift cover/case for it and slip in into your purse or backpack it wouldn’t have to be target? The camera case can be a dead giveaway, but when I was in NYC I took my DSLR and was fine (granted, I was in a group of thirty small-town kids with about ten chaperons, so take that as you will….. ;))

1. Oh I was thinking more along the lines of I don’t want to lug the big thing around the city 😉

19. Ragnhild says:

Katiiiie- your photos and ideas and recipes are just getting better and better! These looks amazing, and I would love to serve them at a party! Perfect finger food 😀
    As much as I love your recipe post, I would love to hear about your NY trip!!